Post your band info/music recordings here

What do you think?

• Good, I like it.

Votes: 30 69.8%
  • Nah! Its totally disaster.

Votes: 13 30.2%

• Total voters
Haven't listened yet.

But, just wait to see some stuff I'm working on, it's reeally Opeth influenced, as well as some other bands too, though I don't remember any of them right now...Dream Theater and Children of Bodom perhaps, and Iron Maiden and many many others.

So I'm the only one who thought it was boring?

Using simple broken chord patterns like that over and over may be fine for a backing track, but as a song, I thought it left far too much to be desired.

Opinion of a jaded song writer / engineer. Of course no offense meant, just some criticism. :)

So I'm the only one who thought it was boring?

Using simple broken chord patterns like that over and over may be fine for a backing track, but as a song, I thought it left far too much to be desired.

Opinion of a jaded song writer / engineer. Of course no offense meant, just some criticism. :)

Non taken. Actually I never saw it as a finnished piece. Some bass notes here and there and a melody line would help a lot. But like I said, I don't think I'll ever write more to it.

would be a good intermission type song, like For Absent Friends/Patterns/Silhouette.

Maybe it could use harmonies or another guitar track that delays the chords by one note, maybe an octave track, some ambient sound or something idk.

Non taken. Actually I never saw it as a finnished piece. Some bass notes here and there and a melody line would help a lot. But like I said, I don't think I'll ever write more to it.
I think I came off a bit harsh the first time as well, I did enjoy the overall melody, but just didn't think it could stand on its own. With that said, I messed with it a bit, and added a bass and piano track (hope you don't mind). I planned to add drums, but it doesn't appear you played this with a click track, because it was a bit too off tempo to get the drums to sound correct.

http://cid-504d40012a69c835.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/Public/Forum|_Track.mp3

I think I came off a bit harsh the first time as well, I did enjoy the overall melody, but just didn't think it could stand on its own. With that said, I messed with it a bit, and added a bass and piano track (hope you don't mind). I planned to add drums, but it doesn't appear you played this with a click track, because it was a bit too off tempo to get the drums to sound correct.

http://cid-504d40012a69c835.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/Public/Forum|_Track.mp3

Wow that's really cool. I really like it. You made it come much more alive. The bass thing is exactly like what I had in mind for it, though it's a bit overdone here and there hehe. But I think it's really cool.

Now it even reminds me of Opeth. :)

I'm quite impressed at how you improvised over it and made it sound good.

I tried that myself but found it extremely difficult because of the different chords and rhythm patterns.

Good job.

Wow that's really cool. I really like it. You made it come much more alive. The bass thing is exactly like what I had in mind for it, though it's a bit overdone here and there hehe. But I think it's really cool.

Now it even reminds me of Opeth. :)

I'm quite impressed at how you improvised over it and made it sound good.

I tried that myself but found it extremely difficult because of the different chords and rhythm patterns.

Good job.
Thanks, but it is obviously all based off of your progression, which can be the hardest part.

As for overdone bass, I typically write music in a more bass oriented genre, so I often like carrying a more complex melody with the bass. :)

Okay. You have any recordings or something of your own material. I'd like to hear it.
I seem to start loads of songs, just whenever I get something in my head, and than only finish a few of them out of the bunch, natural selection I suppose. So anyway, I have a number of older finished tracks, and a number of newer work in progress tracks.

http://cid-504d40012a69c835.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/Public/work in progress.mp3

Here's an unfinished track, it was already rendered, and uploaded. I have some newer, finished stuff, but this one was convenient at the moment. :) So, unfinished, meaning, a few rough transitions here and there, the ending section is just a blank slate at the moment, and I plan to add a layer of synths and such every now and than just for ambiance and mood, and overall, I just need to do a lot of things to it.