Post your current playlist

Henrik Main

Hello
Aug 10, 2002
Norway
Visit site
Mine:

Exmortem - Nihilistic Contentment.
This rules so much that it almost makes me embarrassing. One of the very best death metal records of 2005 - that's saying something, considering 2005 has been THE year for death metal. Morbid Angel meets Suffocation meets old-skool Cryptopsy. Opeth17, take note!

Cryptopsy - Once Was Not.
It grows on me with every listen. MUCH better than their last couple of efforts, almost on par with None So Vile. It can't touch the almighty Blasphemy Made Flesh, but I guess it's impossible to top that record.

Vile - The New Age Of Chaos
Rather brutal death metal with a couple of black metal ideas thrown into the mix. It works surprisingly well.

1349 - Hellfire
2004's "Beyond The Apocalypse" was flawless, hyperfast-but-still-rather-melodic black metal that makes my blood freeze to ice whenever I listen to it. It also makes me want to headbang uncontrollably most of the time. 2005's "Hellfire" picks up where "Beyond The Apocalypse" left off. Fantastic shit!

Ingurgitating Oblivion - Voyage Towards Abhorrence
German brutal/tech DM that doesn't sound as "just another typical bland DM band", mainly because the ideas and song structures are highly interesting and tasteful. Thumbs up!

clutch - robot hive / exodus
rules.

electric wizard - dopethrone

rules.

arcane sun - s/t
rules.

neurosis - the eye of every storm
rules.

swans - white light from the mouth of infinity

rules.

i accept this one as it discusses albums, plus we no longer have the official RC playlist thingy under the ABOUT US page. :loco:

also, the entire sunn O))) catalogue. why? because it rules.

god damn nad said:
i accept this one as it discusses albums, plus we no longer have the official RC playlist thingy under the ABOUT US page. :loco:

also, the entire sunn O))) catalogue. why? because it rules.

How does saying something "rules" equate to being a discussion? You are such a smelly cunt I swear. :tickled:

Lunar Aurora's discography, because this shit give me the creeps in no time and never lets loose. (notice how 'shit' is the anagram of 'this')

and stuff I have to review:

Code - Nouveau Gloaming
avant-garde 'going nowhere' BM, in short absolutely pointless
Odroerir - Götterlieder
a sad pagan/folk odyssey with wunderbarem intertwined male/female chanting. They should drop the e-guitars and it would be al dente
1349 - Hellfire
drum hero, as stated before. It might grow on me a lot if I postponed the review far enough
Time To Burn - Starting Point
noisecore terrorists from my hometown Clermont-Ferrand. Quite good but a tiresome overdose of screaming

Adramelch - Irae Melanox
Absolutely stunning epic, progressive, traditional metal from Italy, I believe, that every single person into that type of music should hear. They have a new one coming out this or next month after a good 17 year absence.

Manilla Road - Gates of Fire
Incredible. Manilla Road are back to TOP FUCKING FORM. Emerging as my favorite of all their albums.

Ironsword - Return of The Warrior
Rough, uncompromising, battle-ridden, heavy fucking metal from Portugal. Nuff said.

Wotan - Carmina Barbarica
Holy fucking epic trad. metal. Totally kickass, cant say enough about this one. The vocalist is amazing, pulling off some of the best vocal harmonies I have ever heard.

Candlemass - Nightfall
No elaboration needed.

Madking Ludwig - s/t
Pretty original. Take some Kyuss and prog influences, throw in a flute and the occasional female vox, and you got Madking Ludwig.

Besides that, the usual Revelation, Solstice, Confessor, TPOG, Twisted Tower Dire, Isole, Unorthodox, Semlah, Mirror of Deception, Warning, etc etc...

For JK...

Nevermore "The Godless Endeavor" - because it rules.

Old Man's Child "Vermin" - because it may soon rule.

Order of Nine "Seasons of Reign" - because the singer reminds me of Barlow, and Barlow rules.

Savage Circus "Dreamland Manor" - because it sounds exactly like Blind Guardian, only it's better than anything Blind Guardian has ever done... and that rules.

Devin Townsend "Ocean Machines" - Heavy Devy rules.

Zero Hour - "A Fragile Mind" - this does not rule. I keep listening to it, waiting for it to rule. I fear, it may never rule, and that would be... unruly.

Zod

General Zod said:
Zero Hour - "A Fragile Mind" - this does not rule. I keep listening to it, waiting for it to rule. I fear, it may never rule, and that would be... unruly.

Zod

Yeah man. That fucking CD isn;t grabbing my dick like Towers of Avarice so aptly did. Wtf gives?! :(

Fear Factory - Demanufacture
After hearing a track of the latest album and being mightily disappointed, I decided to remind myself what these guys were once capable of. Body Hammer kicks off with what has remained one of my favourite riffs ever.

The Crown - Possessed 13
Picked it up again just recently, and suddenly remembered how good these guys were. Immense production on this album, too - huge guitar and bass sound!

Katatonia - Last Fair Deal Gone Down
If this album was a vinyl, I'd have severely worn down the groove by now. This gravitates back to my CD player every 3 weeks or so, and stays there for several days at a time.

Meshuggah - Catch 33
Still listening to it, still getting blown away by the 'In Life - Is Life' 'In Life - Is Death' couplet.

Mistress - In Disgust We Trust
Excellent album - puts me in mind of Dismember getting into a fight with the locals of the Scruffy Murphy's pub in Birmingham (where most of the members drink, natch).

dill_the_devil said:
Meshuggah - Catch 33
Still listening to it, still getting blown away by the 'In Life - Is Life' 'In Life - Is Death' couplet.
i prefer I, but that's still a great fucking album. there is something about it that it just sounds HUGE, even while listening at low volume.

Explosions in the Sky - The World is not a Cold Dead Place
Chill out music... not tiring stuff and by no means a favorite of mine . Good album.

Primordial - The Gathering Wilderness
I see this as their best album (by a thin margin) , all the instruments have merged into a dark mass upon which A.A.Nemtheanga delivers his best performance. It must be repeated , it is a TOTAL WIN album.

The Evpatoria Report
- Golevka
15 days since I had not played it , could not resist .. Definitely locks the #1 spot in 2005.11/10

Lunar Aurora
- Mond
While Deathspell Omega's supremacy can't be challenged , I say : :loco:

dill_the_devil said:
Still got to get 'I' - might out it on my Christmas list. :)
GET IT. best. meshuggah. EVAR!!!

note: i haven't heard anything prior to destroy. erase. improve.

Doomcifer said:
Yeah man. That fucking CD isn't grabbing my dick like Towers of Avarice so aptly did. Wtf gives?! :(
Yeah... it's somewhat disappointing. I know that they've decided to record and release the next CD before doing any touring. From what I understand, it's 95% written, and Jasun has described it as "Towers on steroids".

Zod

General Zod said:
Yeah... it's somewhat disappointing. I know that they've decided to record and release the next CD before doing any touring. From what I understand, it's 95% written, and Jasun has described it as "Towers on steroids".

Zod

Towers on steroids. lol Let's hope so. :cool:

Henrik Main said:
1349 - Hellfire
2004's "Beyond The Apocalypse" was flawless, hyperfast-but-still-rather-melodic black metal that makes my blood freeze to ice whenever I listen to it. It also makes me want to headbang uncontrollably most of the time. 2005's "Hellfire" picks up where "Beyond The Apocalypse" left off. Fantastic shit!

Damn, I forgot to get this with my last Redstream order. If it picks up where the last left off though, I'll really have to get it now.

Nevermore This Godless Endeavor
It's taken a few listens, but keeps getting better, so many layers to go through. And Jeff Loomis finally has a guitarist again to bounce ideas off of, and Steve Smyth is an excellent choice.

King's X Ogre Tones
Their latest cd and first for InsideOut, excellent blend of old King's X and more recent stuff.

Paths of Possession Promises In Blood
"Corpsegrinder" from Cannibal Corpse's latest project. Only thing that pisses me off is Richard Brunelle (ex-Morbid Angel) was in this group for a long time but isn't on the damn cd!!!

Exodus Shovel headed Killing Machine
Man, this album is brutal as fuck.

Also playing: latest from Cryptopsy (work of genius in my opinion), Opeth, Dragonlord, Pelican, and a whole bunch of other shit.