Post your Hauls!

:D Yeah, maybe not. I dug Metal Church, back in the day. My friend keeps telling me about this one MC album he had a long time ago, and can only remember the cover, he wants to buy it on cd now, but can't remember the title, what does the cover of that MC look like?

Death head said:
:D Yeah, maybe not. I dug Metal Church, back in the day. My friend keeps telling me about this one MC album he had a long time ago, and can only remember the cover, he wants to buy it on cd now, but can't remember the title, what does the cover of that MC look like?

Okay the three albums Ive seen by them are their self titled which is just a dark cover with a guitar covered in moss. THen The Dark has the front of a house and an open door on the front that has no lights on the inside and weight of the world actually reminds me of the Meshuggah Chaosphere album. It feels wierd being 23 and buying all the old metal. For some reason the old school stuff keeps my attention longer than the newer stuff. Accept Power Metal, Older Inflames and Susperia, never get enough hahaha.

EVERLOSTINDEADETERNITY said:
Okay the three albums Ive seen by them are their self titled which is just a dark cover with a guitar covered in moss. THen The Dark has the front of a house and an open door on the front that has no lights on the inside and weight of the world actually reminds me of the Meshuggah Chaosphere album. It feels wierd being 23 and buying all the old metal. For some reason the old school stuff keeps my attention longer than the newer stuff. Accept Power Metal, Older Inflames and Susperia, never get enough hahaha.

It may be that Weight of the World one, I'll have to ask him again, but that sounds about what he described.
That's cool your 23, and buying old school metal, gotta know your roots man. I'm 35, and buying death metal, but I've gotten into heavier and heavier music as I've gotten older, so it's different for everyone, but as long as we're all metal, :headbang: that's all that matters.

Evil Dead - Annihilation of Civilization
Bloodbath - Nightmares Made Flesh
Nenia Calladhan (Sopor Aeternus side project)

EVERLOSTINDEADETERNITY said:
I dont think you got enough death metal. That list makes baby jesus cry. Just kidding.

i picked up Metal Church The Dark and Violence Eternal Nightmare yesterday.
The Dark is awesome, after all these years I still love that album!

Death head said:
It may be that Weight of the World one, I'll have to ask him again, but that sounds about what he described.
That's cool your 23, and buying old school metal, gotta know your roots man. I'm 35, and buying death metal, but I've gotten into heavier and heavier music as I've gotten older, so it's different for everyone, but as long as we're all metal, :headbang: that's all that matters.

Whats funny is I actually went backwards. I started with Iced Earth and Inflames and then went to Helloween and Obituary. Like I descovered all the new stuff and then went back to find where all these bands got their inspiration. Oh and yeah The Dark kicks ass. Im really digging the new October 31 more than anything and if anyone out there finds it and doesnt have it, snatch it up immediately.

CDs:

George Thorogood and the Destroyers-"Greatest Hits
Great White-Best Of
Red Hot Chilli Peppers-What Hits!?
Alice Cooper-Killer
Gamma Ray-Land of the Free
Overkill-Bloodletting
Vio-Lence-Eternal Nightmare
Aerosmith-Toys in the Attic

Vinyl:

Ratt-S/T
UFO-Obsession
Aerosmith-Rocks
Montrose-S/T
Dokken-Back For the Attack

Wicked Child said:
CDs:

Alice Cooper-Killer
Aerosmith-Toys in the Attic
Dokken-Back For the Attack

Tasty, tasty, tasty. Some of my favorites from those three. Although I do like Dokken's "Tooth and Nail" a little better. A little.

I picked up Dragonland Holy War last night I was looking for the new Dragon Force but it got pushed back where Im at for some reason. I also got a copy of the NEW INFLAMES CD. Oh HELLZ YEAH. IT KICKS ASS. Im very happy with my favorite band at their output on this one. When it comes out In Febuary I will be buying a real copy.

Death head said:

What does he remember the cover looking like? I cant tell you exzactly which one it is if you can tell me that! .... I'ma MC junkie from way back :D ... and if he says its one from a long time ago it cant be Weight of the World because that one isnt even 2 years old yet

JonnyD said:
What does he remember the cover looking like? I cant tell you exzactly which one it is if you can tell me that! .... I'ma MC junkie from way back :D ... and if he says its one from a long time ago it cant be Weight of the World because that one isnt even 2 years old yet

I got all albums but WOTW (I consider that Vanderhoof band not MC but hey is just me).

Metal Church = Guitar like a cross covered in vegetation with fog
The Dark = eyes on a dark entrance to a house with a welcome mat
Blessing in Disguise = pic of the band with an optic trick (if you put it somehow in the light the picture goes to negative)
The Human Factor = pic of the band lying on the floor surrounded by candles
Hanging In The Balance = drawing of a fat lady climbing on the tightrope with a metal bra with peaks
Masterpeace = the guitar cross again on a pedestal

Orklord said:
Sorry, but are hauls the last thing you have bought? :oops:

Yep. Originally 'a haul" was used when someone bought a massive amount of cd's. But these days the term is more and more used for any quantity of cds that people buy.

aah thanks. :)

Well this are my last hauls:

Iron Maiden - Killers LP
Onslaught - Let There Be Rock LP
A II Z - I'm The One Who Love's You 7"
Nuclear Assault - Radiation Sickness VHS

Orderd:
Sodom - Lords of depravity Pt. 1 DVD

Slough Feg - Atavism
Vicious Rumors - Sadistic Symphony
Jag Panzer - Decade Of The Nail-Spiked Bat
Ayreon - The Human Equation
Helstar - Nosferatu LP
Journey - Infinity
Journey - Evolution
Asia - Then & Now

All of this wasn't bought in one haul, but different ones over the past 2 weeks.

Razor - Decibels
Forbidden - Forbidden Evil
Forbidden - Distortion
Flotsam and Jetsam - Dreams of Death
Savatage - Hall Of The Mountain King
Pro-Pain - Prophets of Doom
Motorhead - Live At Brixton '87
Motorhead - Overkill
Mercyful Fate - Melissa (remasters)
Iommi - Fused
Destruction - Metal Discharge
Laaz Rockit - Annihilation Principle
Xentrix - For Whose Advantage?
Spiral Architect - A Sceptic's Universe
Blitzkrieg - A Time Of Changes: Phase 1
Demons and Wizards - Touched By The Crimson King

#1_Droogie said:
All of this wasn't bought in one haul, but different ones over the past 2 weeks.

Motorhead - Live At Brixton '87
Motorhead - Overkill
Iommi - Fused
Blitzkrieg - A Time Of Changes: Phase 1
Demons and Wizards - Touched By The Crimson King

Goods stuff in there. Are the Motorhead albums original versions or the remasters?

Dodens Grav said:
Here's an actual haul :):

Attacker - Battle At Helm's Deep
Blood Feast - Chopping Block Blues
Brocas Helm - Black Death
Darkness - Death Squad
Darkness - Defenders Of Justice
Doomsword - Let Battle Commence
Evil/Sortilege - Evil's Message/Sortilege
Hammers Of Misfortune - The Bastard
Kat - 666
The Lord Weird Slough Feg - Down Among The Deadmen