Post your Hauls!

The Ramones/Rock-n-Roll High School DVD :loco:

Classic hits of the 70's 3cd set for $6 good listening so far Pabla and I had a good laugh in the car the other day.

The Best of Bread

Star Wars: Clone Wars vol. 1 & 2 :headbang:

last two weeks:

Deep Purple - DVD Live At California Jam 1974
Deep Purple - DVD Live 1972/1973

Deep Purple - Days May Come (jam/rehearsals featuring Bolin and Hughes!)
Deep Purple - Live In Tokyo 1975

Tony Martin - Scream (ordered, but not yet arrived)
LA Guns - Cocked and Loaded (one of the few great LA bands)

Voodoo Hill - Voodoo Hill
Voodoo Hill - Wild Seed of Mother Earth

Whitesnake - Live...In the Heart of the City

Sabbath - Past Lives
Sabbath - Seventh Stat

Glenn Hughes - Play Me Out (Finally! I've finally found his 1977 debut solo record!!!)

Finally the first haul of 2006. It's already February and i'm barely on my first one, I'm loosing my touch (and my money in the process :D)

The Tangent - "A Place In The Queue" (spc. ed.): blind purchase since I already have the two previous albums and these guys can't miss. Prog rock by the book (with a bit of jazz in-between), this time without Roine Stolt but still progs out.

Karmakanic - "Entering The Spectra"
Karmakanic - "Wheel Of Life"

another offspring of TFK also with then help of Goran Edman on vocals and he's doing far better than with Yngwie. Blind purchase too, I knew these guys can't screw up when it comes to prog.

Intruder - "Live To Die (Relived)": among the many speed/thrash bands I didn't noticed on their day lies Intruder. The kind of speed/thrash I like it's aggressive, it's melodic, it's well played and have clean vocals. This reissue have their debut plus some bonus tracks from the time they were known as Transgresser.

Intruder - "A Higher Form Of Killing": just reissued the second album of this Nashville quintet.

Hirax - "The New Age Of Terror": again a band that was overlooked by me on their day. I headr one song before this album and didn't got me much, this one sound promising upon a check up and I decided to get for it. Probably one of the few bands in metal with a black guy and more strange with him on vocals. Katon W de Pena has a high-pitched voice which lies on my limit of tolerance and the music is aggressive and less polished than Intruder, nevertheless is good speed/thrash.

Forbidden - "Forbidden Evil": and this one has no excuse. I mean I remember when it came out, I was pretty impressed by the album cover and even so I didn't make the slightest effort to check it out (I wasn't into thrash at the time but...). The debut holding names like Craig Lociceiro, Glen Alvelais and Paul Bostaph can perfectly be today a who's who in thrash. The band never achieved the status of Megadeth, Metallica, Exodus or Testament and their discography is short and spaned long between 1988 and 1997, but the debut surely will remain as a classic old school.

NP: Forbidden - 'Feel No Pain'

In the last week I have bought

Carcass - Heartwork
Vio-Lence - Eternal Nightmare
Strapping Young Lad - No Sleep Till' Bedtime: Live In Australia
Agoraphobic Nosebleed - Bestial Machinery

Jethro Tull - This Was (remastered)
Jethro Tull - Stand Up (remastered)
Jethro Tull - Benefit (remastered)
Jethro Tull - Nothing Is Easy (Isle of Wight - Live) DVD

SoundMaster said:
last two weeks:

Deep Purple - DVD Live At California Jam 1974
Deep Purple - DVD Live 1972/1973

Deep Purple - Days May Come (jam/rehearsals featuring Bolin and Hughes!)
Deep Purple - Live In Tokyo 1975

Tony Martin - Scream (ordered, but not yet arrived)
LA Guns - Cocked and Loaded (one of the few great LA bands)

Voodoo Hill - Voodoo Hill
Voodoo Hill - Wild Seed of Mother Earth

Whitesnake - Live...In the Heart of the City

Sabbath - Past Lives
Sabbath - Seventh Stat

Glenn Hughes - Play Me Out (Finally! I've finally found his 1977 debut solo record!!!)

Past Lives is great, I think.
I'd like to hear what you think of all the Deep Purple stuff you picked up.

ElectricWiz said:
Past Lives is great, I think.
I'd like to hear what you think of all the Deep Purple stuff you picked up.

Concerning "Past Lives", disc 1 is great, to my ears. Of course, I'd had this years ago on vinyl in the name of "Live At Last". This is the exact same show/recording.
As for disc 2, the "Sabotage" era songs are immense, but the older tunes sound like poor bootlegs. Good for nostalgia, but not something I plan on listening to often. But disc 1 slays!

As for Purple, being that they're right there with Zep as my fav, I'm biased and like pretty much everything they've done.

The 1972/73 set (aka: Live in Scandinavia) is by far the better of the two. Its actually two shows: 1972 supporting the soon to be released Machine Head and a small set (3 songs) recorded at NY's Hofstra University in 1973.
The 72 footage is in black n white, but the sound & picture clarity is near perfect! Seeing a young Gillan wail is a pleasure to behold! Blackmore is his usual sly self, and Lord's going NUTS on the keys. This is HIGHLY recommended! ANother great feature is that you can choose to hear some commentary which provides some fascinating insight into the time period. Unusually good, qualtity stuff. The 73 set is unique in that it's one of the VERY LAST shows with Gillan.

The 74 set (aka: Live at the Califnornia Jam) doesn't offer the same great picture quality (it was originally aired on WABC TV - this is that exact footage, cleaned up). However, the sound is fine. Coverdale sounds possessed (I always thought his voice was much stronger during his early days) and we have some footage of Hughes here, as well. This DVD is worth getting, however, for the infamous Blackmore "burn out" at the end of the set. While DESTROYING his strat, a pyro goes off a little too close for comfort - his hair catches fire momentarily! Classic rock moment, for sure.

Both are very reasonably priced - I picked up each for $12.

As for the CDs, again, I can only say they're mandatory - IF you like the Bolin Era of DP (1975-1975, Come Taste the Band). "Days May Come" is simply a disc comprised of a jam session, really. A few of the tunes are early versions of tracks that eventually made the "Taste" album, but the rest are 10+ minute long jams with superb sound quality. Coverdale sounds particularly Plant-like here in some of the long bluesy james. Again, there's no Blackmore, but Bolin was awesome in his own right!!

Definitely check out "Come Taste The Band" if you haven't already! :headbang:

SoundMaster said:
Concerning "Past Lives", disc 1 is great, to my ears. Of course, I'd had this years ago on vinyl in the name of "Live At Last". This is the exact same show/recording.
As for disc 2, the "Sabotage" era songs are immense, but the older tunes sound like poor bootlegs. Good for nostalgia, but not something I plan on listening to often. But disc 1 slays!

As for Purple, being that they're right there with Zep as my fav, I'm biased and like pretty much everything they've done.

The 1972/73 set (aka: Live in Scandinavia) is by far the better of the two. Its actually two shows: 1972 supporting the soon to be released Machine Head and a small set (3 songs) recorded at NY's Hofstra University in 1973.
The 72 footage is in black n white, but the sound & picture clarity is near perfect! Seeing a young Gillan wail is a pleasure to behold! Blackmore is his usual sly self, and Lord's going NUTS on the keys. This is HIGHLY recommended! ANother great feature is that you can choose to hear some commentary which provides some fascinating insight into the time period. Unusually good, qualtity stuff. The 73 set is unique in that it's one of the VERY LAST shows with Gillan.

The 74 set (aka: Live at the Califnornia Jam) doesn't offer the same great picture quality (it was originally aired on WABC TV - this is that exact footage, cleaned up). However, the sound is fine. Coverdale sounds possessed (I always thought his voice was much stronger during his early days) and we have some footage of Hughes here, as well. This DVD is worth getting, however, for the infamous Blackmore "burn out" at the end of the set. While DESTROYING his strat, a pyro goes off a little too close for comfort - his hair catches fire momentarily! Classic rock moment, for sure.

Both are very reasonably priced - I picked up each for $12.

As for the CDs, again, I can only say they're mandatory - IF you like the Bolin Era of DP (1975-1975, Come Taste the Band). "Days May Come" is simply a disc comprised of a jam session, really. A few of the tunes are early versions of tracks that eventually made the "Taste" album, but the rest are 10+ minute long jams with superb sound quality. Coverdale sounds particularly Plant-like here in some of the long bluesy james. Again, there's no Blackmore, but Bolin was awesome in his own right!!

Definitely check out "Come Taste The Band" if you haven't already! :headbang:

Cool on the DP stuff. As to Past Lives, I do agree with the kinda poor finale so far as sound quality goes. It's good up through, say, Meglomania. Ah well. The good stuff is extra good though, and worth the price of admission. Mine came with a Sabbath guitar pick and a poster. But then I'm sure they all do (?)

I saw Hughes/Turner Live in Tokyo in a store today, but balked as I'm working on getting all the Jethro Tull reamsters. Still, the setlist was very cool (I'd not checked it out before), including Rainbow era JLT stuff, and a bunch of other very cool tunes. It's high on my to get list.

ElectricWiz said:
Cool on the DP stuff. As to Past Lives, I do agree with the kinda poor finale so far as sound quality goes. It's good up through, say, Meglomania. Ah well. The good stuff is extra good though, and worth the price of admission. Mine came with a Sabbath guitar pick and a poster. But then I'm sure they all do (?)

I saw Hughes/Turner Live in Tokyo in a store today, but balked as I'm working on getting all the Jethro Tull reamsters. Still, the setlist was very cool (I'd not checked it out before), including Rainbow era JLT stuff, and a bunch of other very cool tunes. It's high on my to get list.

Hey Wiz,
Speaking of Hughes, I'd burned some discs for you. Send me a PM with an address & I'll get them out Monday.

I burned:
Hughes - Building the Machine ( my fav Hughes record!)
Hughes - Addiction (his heaviest!)
Hughes / Turner - HTP 1
Voodoo Hill - S/T
Voodoo Hill - Wild Seed of Mother Earth (almost as heavy as Fused!)

Check your personal messages.

As for Tull, the riff in Aqualung is one of the alltime best in rock/metal. And I've always liked what I'd heard (Thick as a Brick, Cross Eyed mary) but never picked up any of their records. Tell me the best place to start!

SoundMaster said:
Hey Wiz,
Speaking of Hughes, I'd burned some discs for you. Send me a PM with an address & I'll get them out Monday.

I burned:
Hughes - Building the Machine ( my fav Hughes record!)
Hughes - Addiction (his heaviest!)
Hughes / Turner - HTP 1
Voodoo Hill - S/T
Voodoo Hill - Wild Seed of Mother Earth (almost as heavy as Fused!)

Check your personal messages.

As for Tull, the riff in Aqualung is one of the alltime best in rock/metal. And I've always liked what I'd heard (Thick as a Brick, Cross Eyed mary) but never picked up any of their records. Tell me the best place to start!

Bitchin'. PM coming your way!

Strapping Young Lad Heavy as a Really Heavy Thing
Devin Townsend Band Synchestra
Satyricon Dark Medievil Times
FalkenBach Heralding The Fireblade

I was in a wierd mood as of late.