Children of Bodom-Are You Dead Yet?
Winger-S/T
Alice Cooper-Greatest Hits
Symphorce-Godspeed
Phantom Lord-Imperial Fall
Montrose-S/T

Parissa & Ensemble Dastan - "Gol-e Behesht"
Kate Bush - "Aerial"
Within Temptation - "The Silent Force Tour" (Double DVD + Live Bonus CD)
Fates Warning - "Awaken The Guardian" (2 CD + DVD-Box; too bad the sound of the DVD is abysmal!)
The Gathering - "A Sound Relief" (Double DVD)

np: The Third And The Mortal - "Sort Of Invisible (live)"

CANDLEMASS - Documentary of Doom/Live at Fryshuset 1990 DVD
DIO - Holy Diver (Rock Candy reissue)
MERCYFUL FATE - In The Shadows
KAMELOT - The Fourth Legacy
MY DYING BRIDE - Trinity
MY DYING BRIDE - As The Flower Withers
ANTHRAX - Spreading The Disease
KREATOR - Coma Of Souls

I can't remember the last time I bought so many discs in so little time... :Spin:

SickBoy said:
CANDLEMASS - Documentary of Doom/Live at Fryshuset 1990 DVD
ANTHRAX - Spreading The Disease

Hehehehehe, I got that Candlemass courtesy of my DVD copier :D , and I hadn't saw it yet :err: . Anthrax is one kick ass albums perhaps my favorite from them.
And finally arriving and replacing the lost ones (NO) thanks to the damn local post office:

Pentagram - "Relentless" (their debut renamed on this reissue)

Pentagram - "Be Forewarned"

Presto Ballet - "Peace Among The Ruins": have to check this one throughly, the sampling preview was good and this may hit hard at 2005 albums

Stream Of Passion - "Embrace The Storm": been listened to at this moment, the new project of Arjen Lucassen is very different from Ayreon and Ambeon, and have to be digested yet more before a final verdict. Also since this is the special edition I have to look at the DVD

NP: Stream Of Passion - 'Deceiver'

OK fuckers! My Turn!!! Finally!!!

Streets - 1st
Helloween - Keepers 3
UDO - Mission No. X
Redemption - Fullness of Time
Montrose - Montrose (Gold Disc, I was waiting for this to be remastered, it was worth the wait!)
Annihilator - Schizo Deluxe
Priest - POE
Rosae Crucis - Worms of the Earth (biggest suprise so far!)
Dungeon - Resurrection re-release
Icarus Witch - Capture the Magic
Biomechanical - Empires of the World (sounds like Pantera...)
Eldritch - Portrait of the Abyss Within
Warrant - DRFSR, remaster
Helloween - Hellish Videos (DVD)
Priest - Classic Albums, British Steel (DVD)

Ouch, that hurts!

Now I have something to do for the next few weeks!!!

I officially welcome Metal Church - Blessing in Disguise back into my collection*sheds a tear of happiness* it's been a long time between listens...
The unholy Metal Church trinity has been united again in my racks!:worship:

Narcosynthesys68 said:
OK fuckers! My Turn!!! Finally!!!

Montrose - Montrose (Gold Disc, I was waiting for this to be remastered, it was worth the wait!)
Priest - POE
Dungeon - Resurrection re-release
Icarus Witch - Capture the Magic
Warrant - DRFSR, remaster
Priest - Classic Albums, British Steel (DVD)

Ouch, that hurts!

Now I have something to do for the next few weeks!!!

Great choices! :headbang:

Cathedral - "The Garden Of Unearthly Delights"
Deep Purple - "Rapture Of The Deep"
Helloween - "Keeper Of The Seven Keys - The Legacy"
Roine Stolt - "Wall Street Voodoo"
Kiko Loureiro - "No Gravity"

NP: Deep Purple - 'Back To Back'

And finally the last haul of 2005:

Holocaust - "The Nightcomers": I always had left this behind mainly because my only exposure is Metallica's cover of 'The Small Hours' which I consider a boring song. But finally at a incredible price ($4.99 :D) I found this one and since it's NWOBHM I gave it a try considering I have read some favorable commentaries in this forum. At first glance excep the title track it seems good hard rock.

Sweet Savage - "Killing Time": another relegated NWOBHM (yeah, yeah I know the guys that recorded 15 years too late :lol:) band which I finally incorporate to my collection. Again at first glance it's damn good traditional metal ;)

Chainsaw - "Smell The Saw": ok, I admit I got just because of the bare girl in the cover. Maybe I wanted another band from Holland (a bad one this time :p ), maybe I need to dilute the S&H. In anycase it's here, it's raw, it's speed metal, it's bad and it's funny. I mean it's bad enough to be fun, so at first glance I dig it.

Metalucifer - "Heavy Metal Chainsaw": this was a big itch I had to scratch deeply. I had read a lot of favorable things about this band, it's was a rave in a forum I used to frequent. And some samples I got just feed the itch, so finally I found this their second album and in a weird sense I wish I hadn't bought it...cause it rocks! From start it grabbed me and that only with a quick examination, this is damn good speed metal. Now I'm gonna be like nuts trying to find the first album (they have too some EPs and 3 live albums :err: , but hose are no big deal for me right now).

Anubis Gate - "A Perfect Forever": another 2005 release. Our postfellow Torben do the vocals here and frankly when I check their debut I didn't like them (don't kill me man!), but then downloaded this one months ago and upon check it did click in my ears, so finally I got it. It's neat trad/power metal on the non-happy side, more akin to Angel Dust, Icarus Witch, Force Of Evil, Seventh One if you catch my drift. Very recommended (btw Torben seems to be out of the band :confused: ).

Forsaken - "Evermore": blame Fang on this one, he convinced to get into this doom metal outfit from Malta. Not much to say here it's doom, it's epic and it's like Thunderstorm, Solstice, Solitude Aeturnus so it's good!

Forsaken - "Dominaeon": thier 2005 release, I mean I trust Fang so why get for only one album? Sadly I couldn't get the previous one "Anima Mundi", in anycase I have another good doom album, and with this three doom albums for the year which is pretty good in general terms. Merci Flo mon ami ;)

Highland Glory - "From The Cradle To The Grave": ooposed to Anubis Gate I have happy power metal in the form of the debut of this band which gave me yet another great album for 2005 "Forever Endeavour". This Norwegians (and no corpsepaint! :devil: ) deliver a neat Euro-power descendant from Helloween and since I like this type of stuff it suits me.

"A Baroque Tribute To Rush": similar to the strings tributes out there, but adding harpsichord and pipe organ five guys made a tribute to the almighty Rush. It's all instrumental and maybe it's not as neat as Rondellus tribute to the Sabbath but still is very enjoyable. The choice of songs is mostly classic era going as far as 'Force Ten' (only song I like from "Hold Your Fire"), being 'The Trees', 'Madrigal' and 'Closer To The Heart' the best accomplished. What can I say I'm nuts for tributes :loco:

Mesmerize - "Stainless": finally! it's mine, mine! The most searched album of 2005 for me. I love Mesmerize and had followed them from start, and when I found they have a new album this year I was like nuts. Sadly these Italians are always hard to find even if SPV distribute Dragonheart thier label, so even if early in the year it took me almost to the end to get it. Mesmerize is traditional/power metal very oriented to the 80's IMO, I have enjoyed this one as a download and finally it's on my hands. Interstingly they had added violin to some songs which gave especially on 'Windchaser' and absolute Skyclad vibe which in my book spells like HELL YEAH!

And all arrived before Christmas, ain't that sweet? :D

Still can't find some of the albums I want in my local record stores. Struck out on Sieges Even, Pantommind, and Presto Ballet. I did score new releases from Pagan's Mind and Masterplan, along with Cooper's new album and an old 80s classic from the first Metal Massacre, BITCH - Be My Slave.

Wyvern said:
Anubis Gate - "A Perfect Forever": another 2005 release. Our postfellow Torben do the vocals here and frankly when I check their debut I didn't like them (don't kill me man!), but then downloaded this one months ago and upon check it did click in my ears, so finally I got it. It's neat trad/power metal on the non-happy side, more akin to Angel Dust, Icarus Witch, Force Of Evil, Seventh One if you catch my drift. Very recommended (btw Torben seems to be out of the band :confused: ).
I love this band, on the darker side of power/prog metal! Very reminiscent of Crimson Glory, Lord Bane and the likes.

Forsaken - "Evermore": blame Fang on this one, he convinced to get into this doom metal outfit from Malta. Not much to say here it's doom, it's epic and it's like Thunderstorm, Solstice, Solitude Aeturnus so it's good!

Forsaken - "Dominaeon": thier 2005 release, I mean I trust Fang so why get for only one album? Sadly I couldn't get the previous one "Anima Mundi", in anycase I have another good doom album, and with this three doom albums for the year which is pretty good in general terms. Merci Flo mon ami ;)
That's great, I still need to get the new one :) Doom on!

Been on a spree this past month, picking up:

Metal Church
Metal Church - The Dark
Metal Church - Blessing in Disguise
Overkill - Feel the Fire
Overkill - Years of Decay
I'd not had any of these on CD (only on old cassettes from way back)

Masterplan - Masterplan
Ark - Burn the Sun
Communic - Conspiracy In Mind
Circus Maximus - Chapter 1
Deep Purple - Rapture of the Deep
Rush - R30
Saxon - Dogs of War
Threshold - Critical energy DVD
Dream Theater Live at Budokan DVD
Arena - Breakfast in Biarrittz

SoundMaster said:
Been on a spree this past month, picking up:

Metal Church
Metal Church - The Dark
Metal Church - Blessing in Disguise
Overkill - Feel the Fire
Overkill - Years of Decay
I'd not had any of these on CD (only on old cassettes from way back)

All of these are classics in my book.

SoundMaster said:
Masterplan - Masterplan

I like this one way better than their second one. More powerful!

SoundMaster said:
Ark - Burn the Sun

OMG!! This must be one of me favorite prog-metal albums.
I have some doubts using the term metal for this album.

This a is product of genius! It might take a while to get used to it.
But then you will love it until the day you die! I promise! :tickled:

SoundMaster said:
Communic - Conspiracy In Mind

This is a great album. I hope to see them live one day.
Great mix of powerful metal and more progressive elements.

SoundMaster said:
Circus Maximus - Chapter 1

I am still undecided about this one. I heard it a few times.
There are some things I like about it but it does not click with me yet.

SoundMaster said:
Deep Purple - Rapture of the Deep

I have not heard it yet. But since its between so much kick ass albums I am gonna look it up!

SoundMaster said:
Rush - R30
:worship: Nuff said!

SoundMaster said:
Saxon - Dogs of War

One of the first album of Saxon that kicked ass again.
Damn good album!

SoundMaster said:
Threshold - Critical energy DVD

This was filmed in 'De Boerderij' in Zoetermeer were I am a regular. I have seen several band there among them Nevermore and Kamelot. This place is very small. I have not seen this DVD yet so if you could tell me how you like it?

SoundMaster said:
Dream Theater Live at Budokan DVD

Same as above. I have lost some of my interest in Dream Theater. I used to be a member of their fan club. But their latest albums don't do anything for me.

SoundMaster said:
Arena - Breakfast in Biarrittz

This would be too prog-rock for me. :)

Great haul Soundmaster!

Hawk said:
This was filmed in 'De Boerderij' in Zoetermeer were I am a regular. I have seen several band there among them Nevermore and Kamelot. This place is very small. I have not seen this DVD yet so if you could tell me how you like it?

The first thing that comes to mind while viewing this disc is the sound & performance. It's almost too clean, too good to be true! I know some bands can recreate their records in a live setting better than others, but this is phenomenal. Of course, tight, clean live records raise the question of 'studio doctoring' (a la Priest's Unleashed In The East'). Has this been doctored? I dont know, but it just sounds fantastic!
The other standout is Mac's vocals. I can honestly say that he sounds BETTER live! Very rare are such singers. Live, his vocals sound 'warmer' and fuller. And the drummer (Johan, I believe) works with the smallest set of any drummer I've seen. But he rages....great drummer, IMO.

As for the actual footage/camera work, it, too, is high quality. Mutliple camera angles, EACH member of the band gets to shine (no one member monoplizes the camera). However, when compared to DT's Budukon or the recent Rush DVDs, it pales in comparison. Thresh just doesn't have the same budgets to work with as those bands. But with that said, it's a fine release and is mandatory for any fan of this great band!

And it's obvious that the club is tiny....but small venues always lead to great intimacy, etc.

As for Budukon, I've noticed that you and others have stated that the recent DT music isn't doing much for you. Ironically, I think their recent output is stellar and is what's turned me back onto them (for the first time since I heard "Images" in 1992)! They are, perhaps, less technically progressive today, and more song-oriented (as in straightforward songs), but there appears to be more cohesion there now as well, to my ears.

I'm just now getting re-aquainted with Awake and Change of Seasons....both are much harder to digest than Octavarium.

recent pickups-

bolt thrower = those once loyal
jaguar = wake me
metal city = nwobhm collection
y&t = best of 81-85
pro pain = act of god
rage = cradle to the grave
quo vadis = defiant imagination

Ahhhhhhh reaped the racks at Ameoba:hotjump: :hotjump: :hotjump:

Megadeth- Countdown to Extinction
Ark- Burn the Sun
Annihilator- All for you
C.O.B.- HCDR & Are you dead yet?
Icarus Witch- Capture the Magic & Roses on white lace EP
Depeche Mode- Playing with Angels
Savatage- Streets
Communic- Conspiracy in Mind
Dead Can Dance- live compilation

Whew that was a great haul, still working my way through haven't heard the Annihilator, Savatage or IW ep yet, but I'm making some progress:D

kittybeast said:
Ahhhhhhh reaped the racks at Ameoba:hotjump: :hotjump: :hotjump:

Megadeth- Countdown to Extinction
Ark- Burn the Sun

d055.gif

Icarus Witch- Capture the Music & Roses on white lace EP

Must be a new one :Smug: :p