Post your Hauls!

Wyvern said:
Most excellent stash! BTW you can still go up to "Breathless" I like it a lot and consider it very decent compared to the previous albums.

NP: Forgotten Tales - 'My Soul'

Thanks for the info. Most of the "Breathless" reviews I've read have been harsh and unfavorable, but I'll give it a try based on your recommendation.

I'm amazed by Camel. Why they weren't massive is a mystery to me. Their sense of melody is unrivaled.

SoundMaster said:
Thanks for the info. Most of the "Breathless" reviews I've read have been harsh and unfavorable, but I'll give it a try based on your recommendation.

I'm amazed by Camel. Why they weren't massive is a mystery to me. Their sense of melody is unrivaled.

Same here. If you want an example of underrated seek no more than Camel, especially on the albums you already have.

NP: Hallows Eve - 'Sheer Heart Attack'

Just arrived:

Lacuna Coil - "Karmacode": didn't start very well with me too much mallcore sound in it although also make this their heaviest IMO. This edition comes with multimedia tracks and a small poster inside.

Dark Angel - "Darkness Descends": I know, I know it took me only 20 years to get this album. I remember this one from that era (on vinyl) along with "Leave Scars" and "We Have Arrived" but at the time was not even close for me. Nowdays discovering old thrash this albums are coming to me and this one was the easiest available from the band (which btw are difficult to find) a true gem to taste Hoglan's vicious drumming.

Hirax - "Not Dead Yet": a compilation of all the material of their first albums "Raging Violence" and "Hate, Fear And Power". Hirax plays a speed/thrash bordering on hardcore (short aggressive songs) and with this album I only need now "Barrage Of Noise" to complete their discography. Katon's voice is difficult to swallow at the beginning but it can become an acquired taste easily IMO.

World Below - "Sacrifices To The Moon": doom metal from Sweden, this is their debut and it was recommended to me some time ago by John Perez (Solitude Aeturnus) itself. What can I say? Doom on!

Venom - "Metal Black": thrashy return from the fathers of real black metal, enough have been said in this forum. :Shedevil:

Majesty - "Hellforces": very
icon_cheese.gif
metal form Germany, these guys are like Manowar but for some reason I do like them. This is their fourth album of pure epic metal in which I have to pinpoint the great choruses they come with.

The Flower Kings - "Paradox Hotel": another 2-CD album from the masters of modern progressive rock, huge fan of them so...

Gary Moore & Friends - "One Night In Dublin A Tribute To Phil Lynott": the cream of the haul. What elkse can be this cool? A tribute to one of the best bands ever in history and to the genius behind it by the same people involved (except for John Sykes and Snowy White). I guess Gary wanted to keep it pre-1980 but is alright with me, in a sense this is more Thin Lizzy than the band playing live by the same monicker these days. The concert was held the next day after an statue of Phil was unveiled in Dublin.
It's basically Gary playing and singing (horrible as always :lol: ) with Brian Robertson helping in 'Emerald' (I would have kicked Gary and put Scott) and 'Still In Love With You'; Soctt Gorham helping on 'Black Rose', 'Cowboy Song' and 'The Boys Are Back In Town'; Eric Bell helped on 'Whiskey In The Jar'. For a fan like me it's just pure gold...or so.:p

How is the sound/video quality on that Gary Moore DVD, Wyv?

And what do you mean Moore sings horrible as always??? I've heard alot worse "guitar-players-who-tried-to-be-singers". I always thought he made a great second rate Glenn Hughes... like maybe Glenn Hughes after 12 beers and 8 shots of Jack. A little off key, but still can carry a tune. :D

NP: Malice - License to Kill

Trans-Siberian Outcast said:
How is the sound/video quality on that Gary Moore DVD, Wyv?

And what do you mean Moore sings horrible as always??? I've heard alot worse "guitar-players-who-tried-to-be-singers". I always thought he made a great second rate Glenn Hughes... like maybe Glenn Hughes after 12 beers and 8 shots of Jack. A little off key, but still can carry a tune. :D

NP: Malice - License to Kill

The video is very good, the sound (excepted for Moore's vocals) is also good and I love to see Brian Downey on drums once again. Also loved to hear Eric Bell on 'Whiskey in The Jar' the magic hadn't passed away a bit.
They all look damn OLD but the quality of the music is eternal.

Blue Öyster Cult - Secret Treaties
Blue Öyster Cult - Agents Of Fortune

These were dirt cheap (6€) so I couldn't resist, I'm especially digging Secret Treaties!

Heir Apparent - One Small Voice
I finally tracked this one down, but what do you know, it's a bootleg.:erk:
The band website says there's a '00 remaster but I haven't found it anywhere. Well, great album anyway. I feel kinda ripped off though, as I paid 20€ for this one...

Sanctuary - Refuge Denied
Vicious Rumors - Digital Dictator
Vicious Rumors - Welcome To The Ball

Some classic US metal. Carl Albert rips! :kickass:

Wolf - Black Wings
In case you haven't heard Wolf, do yourself a favor and visit their website. Metal that sounds fresh and old at the same time!:headbang:

tsorl said:

These were dirt cheap (6€) so I couldn't resist, I'm especially digging Secret Treaties!

Heir Apparent - One Small Voice
I finally tracked this one down, but what do you know, it's a bootleg.:erk:
The band website says there's a '00 remaster but I haven't found it anywhere. Well, great album anyway. I feel kinda ripped off though, as I paid 20€ for this one...

Sanctuary - Refuge Denied
Vicious Rumors - Digital Dictator
Vicious Rumors - Welcome To The Ball

Some classic US metal. Carl Albert rips! :kickass:

Wolf - Black Wings
In case you haven't heard Wolf, do yourself a favor and visit their website. Metal that sounds fresh and old at the same time!:headbang:

Impressive tsorl. I love most of what you got! Pretty ruling haul man.

tsorl said:

Damn.
Now i remember that that i did have to check that band year ago.
My friend told they where good. But I just forget it.:p

tsorl said:

I hope they're the remasters cause those are smoking albums. I also recommend "Tyranny And Mutation" on those.

Wolf - Black Wings

Wolf is the best band to come out in the last 10 years or so. Their last album "Evil Star" was the best metal album of 2004 and now signed by Century Media I hope they have an even bigger projection.

And quoting the band about their upcoming album...
REHEARSAL REPORT FROM DALE
So, I've been hanging around the rehearsal again … This time around the whole album was pretty much done, except for some harmonies and vocal parts. I got to hear 5 new ones, with Nick's vocals this time. I don't know how many songs will be on the final album but my guess is 9 or 10. The band will save tracks for Japan and special editions. Also, there is the "old school cassette law" obviously to take into play. As you might know it states that a heavy metal album can't be longer than one side of a 90 minute tape. So expect a 45 minute heavy metal feast.

You have to love those guys!:worship:

NP: Lacuna Coil - 'Devoted'

Wyvern said:
I hope they're the remasters cause those are smoking albums. I also recommend "Tyranny And Mutation" on those.

Yeah, they're remastered. I also have the first two on backorder, should be getting them sometime next week. I haven't heard the originals, but they've done a good job on the remastering because these sound unbelievably good for 70's recordings.

Regarding Wolf, it's a shame they changed the artwork on the rereleases. The originals are kinda hard to find (already, and we're talking just 5 year old albums here! :rolleyes: ) and I must find the debut with the original, awesome cover.:kickass:

tsorl said:

Wolf - Black Wings

BOC! Man, you can't really go wrong with them. One of my fave bands. If you're not "strictly" metal, I'd also suggest their late 70s early 80s stretch. They mellowed out a bit, especially in production, but I think BOC and Styx put out the greatest consistent flow of quality music during that time period.

I highly recommend BOC's Cultosaurus Erectus. It's still in my top 20 of all time. But they have many great albums during this time period, Spectres, Mirrors, Fire of Uknown Origin, and Imaginos.

As for Wolf, Evil Star was a fantastic breath of (20-year-old) fresh air, reminding me of one of my fave underground 80s bands Witchcross. To be honest I wasn't much impressed with Black Wings. The songwriting wasn't there like it was on the latest. I think they finally found their way with Evil Star, and hopefully the next album will be that much better. I expect them to make a landmark noise on the old school scene in years to come, along with Icarus Witch, Sabaton, Cage, Astral Doors etc.

NP: Sabaton - Primo Victoria

Queensryche - Operation Mindcrime II
Vanden Plas - Beyond Daylight, The God Thing
Jethro Tull - A Passion Play
Venom - Metal Black
Grateful Dead - Dick's Picks 36

At This week I found some great metal.

Testament-Live in London DvD
Best dvd I seen for a while.
And what agreat line-up:)

Raven-Rock until you Drop.
Great Album at first listening.:kickass:

And the best.

Tarot-Suffer our pleasure
Tarot-Shining Black (Bets of Tarot)
Yes This two album rocks Realy hard:kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass:
And For someone who has never heard them.
SHAAAME ON YOU.:mad:
Get those albums. Even if it means you have to kill somebody.

Oh And sixpack Of beer .:p
ROCK ON:kickass:

Death Animal said:
Tarot-Suffer our pleasure
Tarot-Shining Black (Bets of Tarot)

I already have SOP and it's a great album now I'm looking to see if the remasters are going to be released in USA to pay less since they're expensive but if not I'll get "Spell Of Iron", "For The Glory Of Nothing", "To Live Forever" and "Stigmata" by bits with some hauls in the future.

Tarot it's great and a very underrated glory of Finland :headbang:

MSG - 25 years collection w/Bonnet/Barden/McAuley/logan........
Fatal Force -s/t w/Mats Leven & Torben Enevoldsen
Nocturnal Alliance - Dark Voices ex members of Twilight Excellent!Buy this
now!!!!!!!!!!

Devin Townsend - Terria
Devin Townsend - Accelerated Evolution
Children Of Bodom - Hatebreeder
Rhapsody - Rain Of A Thousand Flames