Post your Hauls!

EVERLOSTINDEADETERNITY said:
Their two worst albums inmy opinion.
I enjoyed "WFO" quite a bit. The other wasn't bad either. Some of the other ones I have were much lesser than these two.

The haul from PPVII was astounding in terms of getting albums which are almost OOP or very expensive and I got them for incredible prices and without S&H charges, not only that the guy at CD Inzane gave me a discount

Tank - "Power Hunter"
Tank -"This Means War"
Tank -"Honour And Blood"
Tank -"Still At War"
(so I only need one album for thre whole collection now)

Tarot - "The Spell Of Iron" (remaster)
Tarot - "Stigmata" (remaster)

(I don't care about the prices online I'm going for the other three I need as soon as I can haul again)

Riot - "Narita" (reissue) :headbang:

Camel - "Camel" (remaster)
Camel - "Moonmadness" (remaster)
Camel - "The Snow Goose" (remaster)
Camel - "Mirage" (remaster)

(fuck I missed "Raindances" I guess, not sure if I saw it)

Uriah Heep - "Very 'Umble, Very 'Eavy" (remaster)
Uriah Heep - "The Magician's Birthday" (remaster)
Uriah Heep - "Salisbury" (remaster)
Uriah Heep - "Look At Yourself" (remaster)

Leatherwolf - "Leatherwolf"
Leatherwolf - "Leatherwolf" (two different albums with the same name)
Leatherwolf - "Street Ready"
Leatherwolf - "World Asylum"

(these guys converted me absolutely, I love this pure metal outfit)

Blitzkrieg - "Absolute Power"
Gaskin - " Stand Or Fall"

(these two came on a 2x1 at a reduced price)

Pretty Maids - "Anything Worth Doing Is Worth Overdoing"
Chris Poland - "Rare Trax"
Sweet Savage - "Rune"

plus the PPVII sampler and a sampler (freebie) by a band Shock Opera which was handled at the entrance of The Loft. Those of you who got it please check it it worth it.

haul.jpg

Vanden Plas - Christ 0 (damn Bryant :lol:)

And yesterday :
Queensrÿche - Rage for Order TS (finally!)
Nevermore - This Godless Endeavor TS (the other shirt with the red and white demon skull was horrible...)

Thanks Gert for reminding me to enter this awesome metal shop, I'll come back there! With plenty of money this time... :D

Wyvern said:
The haul from PPVII was astounding in terms of getting albums which are almost OOP or very expensive and I got them for incredible prices and without S&H charges, not only that the guy at CD Inzane gave me a discount

Tank - "Power Hunter"
Tank -"This Means War"
Tank -"Honour And Blood"
Tank -"Still At War"
(so I only need one album for thre whole collection now)

Tarot - "The Spell Of Iron" (remaster)
Tarot - "Stigmata" (remaster)

(I don't care about the prices online I'm going for the other three I need as soon as I can haul again)

Riot - "Narita" (reissue) :headbang:

Camel - "Camel" (remaster)
Camel - "Moonmadness" (remaster)
Camel - "The Snow Goose" (remaster)
Camel - "Mirage" (remaster)

(fuck I missed "Raindances" I guess, not sure if I saw it)

Uriah Heep - "Very 'Umble, Very 'Eavy" (remaster)
Uriah Heep - "The Magician's Birthday" (remaster)
Uriah Heep - "Salisbury" (remaster)
Uriah Heep - "Look At Yourself" (remaster)

Leatherwolf - "Leatherwolf"
Leatherwolf - "Leatherwolf" (two different albums with the same name)
Leatherwolf - "Street Ready"
Leatherwolf - "World Asylum"

(these guys converted me absolutely, I love this pure metal outfit)

Blitzkrieg - "Absolute Power"
Gaskin - " Stand Or Fall"

(these two came on a 2x1 at a reduced price)

Pretty Maids - "Anything Worth Doing Is Worth Overdoing"
Chris Poland - "Rare Trax"
Sweet Savage - "Rune"

plus the PPVII sampler and a sampler (freebie) by a band Shock Opera which was handled at the entrance of The Loft. Those of you who got it please check it it worth it.

haul.jpg

WoooW

Camel - "Rain Dances" (normal ed. :( )
UFO - "The Best Of"
Tarot - "To Live Forever"
Meliah Rage - "The Deep And Dreamless Sleep"

Greeno said:
Metal Inquisitor - Doomsday For The Heretic

:kickass:

My latest purchases:

Metal Church - A Light In the Dark
Vicious Rumors - Soldiers of the Night
Hammers of Misfortune - The August Engine

Here's my PP haul (I buy in bunches, and hadn't purchased for a couple of months). I haven't had a lot of time, and have just ripped these last night, so most of them I've heard only once. Also, I try and avoid any blind buys except for certain bands, but this year I had quite a few of them. So far, I haven't been burnt with this haul:

Astral Doors Astralism Blind buy. After one listen . . .more of the same, and that isn't a bad thing. More Dio/Rainbow style rock.

Blind Guardian A Twist in the Myth Heard the promo copy and knew I would like this. I'm still digesting it, but far better than ANatO. They still are keeping the latter stage harmonies (as opposed to the old style thrashy music that Savage Circus perfected). So far, I'm pretty happy with this one.

Cloudscape Crimson Skies Downloaded this one due to word of mouth, and I like it. They are a throwback to some older style metal. Check this out if you haven't heard it.

Doro Warrior Soul Blind buy after not picking up her last 1 or 2. I haven't heard it yet, but hoping for good things.

Jon Oliva's Pain Maniacal Renderings Sav = favorite band. Jon Oliva = musical genius. Yeah, I was buying this one (I had heard a promo). It still isn't Savatage, but there are a few tracks that could have fit onto Hall of the Mountain King.

Manticora Black Circus Blind buy and have listened once. My first thought was: Boy, there's a lot of voiceovers. Otherwise, it's Manticora. I really like the music, and can rarely tell one song from another. This will take a few more listens.

Mercenary Hours that Remain Wheezer hooked me up with this one, and it is a great album. I am not a fan of death vox, but the last two Merc albums have been amazing. They were a top show at PP.

Ten The Twilight Chronicles Blind buy, but I really like Ten. After one listen - same great harmonies. Same tendency to be a little softer than I prefer, but still a good band.

Vandan Plas Christ 0 Believe it or not, a blind buy. I've been hearing the buzz all year, but hadn't heard this one. I'm not ready to anoint this the album of the year, but I do like it.

Virgin Steele Visions of Eden Blind buy, and way overpriced, but a top 5 band for me. I wanted to wait for a US release. I told myself I was going to wait. Somehow, it wound up purchased. Anyway, after one sweep, I realize that it will take more time to digest. It isn't as heavy as I was hoping, but I think this one will grow on me.

Shining Star - Enter Enternity Blind buy purely because Lance King is on it. It is more of the same - Balance of Power, Avian, Pyramaze. King is an amazing vocalist, and this one isn't disappointing.

As I put in another post, there are already some must buy albums for me:

Circle II Circle - Burden of Truth
Falconer - Northwind - I have the promos for both of these, and think they are both great. I especially like the Falconer. The return of Blad on vocals takes this band from good to unique.

I'll have to check out the new Angra as well.

Steve in Philly

Killbox 13 which I think is only okay compared to the mighty Bloodletting :)
I WFO's bass sound just killed me as the guitars were to far in the background. I Hear Black just didnt have much for me at all. Maybe Im just close minded. Dreaming In Columbian was freakin good.

EVERLOSTINDEADETERNITY said:
Killbox 13 which I think is only okay compared to the mighty Bloodletting :)
I WFO's bass sound just killed me as the guitars were to far in the background. I Hear Black just didnt have much for me at all. Maybe Im just close minded. Dreaming In Columbian was freakin good.

I might be biased about WFO since it was my first Overkill album (really showing my age now :loco:) I think its great and I love the bass sound ... I also love Killbox and Bloodletting, I hear black though not their best is really underrated to my ears Songs like World of Hurt, Dreaming in Columbian, Shades of grey, Just like you, Spiritual Void are killer what I think made that album suffer is the production everything is so low and quiet and has no balls ... if I am not mistaken that was another one Alex Peralias fucked up

Orfanos said:
:kickass:

My latest purchases:

Hammers of Misfortune - The August Engine

I love Hammers of Misfortune. Have you heard the Locust Years yet? It's out, but hard to find, of course. They are from San Francisco, where I live, but I still haven't seen it yet!

Well today was a great day. I went to Hastings just to look around and guess what I found??
RUnning Wild Masquerade
Running Wild Port Royal
Savatage Power of THe Night

ElectricWiz said:
I love Hammers of Misfortune. Have you heard the Locust Years yet? It's out, but hard to find, of course. They are from San Francisco, where I live, but I still haven't seen it yet!

No, not yet. I have it in my wantlist, of course. I don't think that it's so hard to find, though.

Nice haul Steve. Some remarks

DarkOne said:
Astral Doors Astralism Blind buy. After one listen . . .more of the same, and that isn't a bad thing. More Dio/Rainbow style rock.

Well is what AD is all about and as long as they keep doing it I'm happy with it.

Blind Guardian A Twist in the Myth Heard the promo copy and knew I would like this. I'm still digesting it, but far better than ANatO.

I have to disagree. I believe I'm the only one that loves ANATO, I found the new one kind of so-so and IMO is their weakest ones. I don't get why to redo 'Fly' with another name and not explicitly show that's a bonus track. I don't get the 8 mins silent track and frankly I don't need the interview.

Doro Warrior Soul Blind buy after not picking up her last 1 or 2. I haven't heard it yet, but hoping for good things.

I got into this one because I downloaded befoe I bought it. I never followed Doro after Warlock but this album does remind me a lot of old Warlock although softer, I guess you will like it.

Falconer - Northwind - I have the promos for both of these, and think they are both great. I especially like the Falconer. The return of Blad on vocals takes this band from good to unique.

I also downloaded this one and I hope to haul it soon. Is not as brilliant as the first two albums but definitively the return of Blad gives the band a whole new (old) dimension.

I'll have to check out the new Angra as well.

Doneloaded too and pretty heavy IMO, much better than TOS and at the same time not in the same vein as "Rebirth".

Steve in Philly

Made a trip to Amoeba today....and got a bunch of stuff often mentioned here to check it out, and replaced some missing stuff etc.:

Candlemass - S/T
Motorhead - No Sleep Till Hammersmith Remaster
Motorhead - Iron Fist (Japanese Import)
The Black Crowes - The Lost Crowes
Venom - Cast In Stone
Wolf - Evil Star
Blind Guardian - A Night At the Opera
Popul Vuh - Fitzcarraldo