Post your Hauls!

Orfanos said:
No, not yet. I have it in my wantlist, of course. I don't think that it's so hard to find, though.

Well, they are on a Greek label though! Ha. So, funny that. They are from San Francisco, but you might be able to find their albums easier than me. Strange world.

ElectricWiz said:
Candlemass - S/T
Motorhead - No Sleep Till Hammersmith Remaster
Motorhead - Iron Fist (Japanese Import)
Wolf - Evil Star
Blind Guardian - A Night At the Opera

That's a mean haul indeed, all great albums, actually a couple of masterpieces in it :cool:

Popul Vuh - Fitzcarraldo

And that is CLASS! Have you ever seen the movie? A Werner Herzog movie with Klaus Kinski in it and a Popol Vuh soundtrack is all about :worship:

My Metal Blade order arrived today:

Fates Warning - Night On Bröcken
Fates Warning - A Spectre Within
Fates Warning - Awaken The Guardian 2cd+dvd

I've been familiar (well, borderline obsessed) with Awaken The Guardian for a few years already and finally got around getting the earlier Arch albums. Picked up the remarkably well done remastered edition of AtG as well. There's just nothing quite like Arch-fronted FW...:worship:

Falconer - Northwind 2cd
Good comeback album and I just love Matthias Blad... I mean his voice... in a completely platonic and hetero kinda way.:err:
Also the wardrobe he's wearing on the band shots is absolutely the coolest this side of Rock'n'Rolf!

tsorl said:
Falconer - Northwind 2cd
Good comeback album and I just love Matthias Blad... I mean his voice... in a completely platonic and hetero kinda way.:err:

Shit is not available yet this side of the pond :cry:, and I was about to haul it.

tsorl said:
My Metal Blade order arrived today:

Fates Warning - Night On Bröcken
Fates Warning - A Spectre Within
Fates Warning - Awaken The Guardian 2cd+dvd

I've been familiar (well, borderline obsessed) with Awaken The Guardian for a few years already and finally got around getting the earlier Arch albums. Picked up the remarkably well done remastered edition of AtG as well. There's just nothing quite like Arch-fronted FW...:worship:

:kickass:

Tarot - "Follow Me Into Madness" (remaster)
Pretty Maids - "Letal Heroes"
Tyr - "Ragnarok"
Wolf - "The Black Flame"

Wyvern said:
That's a mean haul indeed, all great albums, actually a couple of masterpieces in it :cool:

And that is CLASS! Have you ever seen the movie? A Werner Herzog movie with Klaus Kinski in it and a Popol Vuh soundtrack is all about :worship:

Werner Herzog is my favorite director. I've not seen every single movie of his, but I've seen many. Some are hard to find in America. The first one I saw was The Mystery of Kaspar Hausar, then Fitzcaraldo, this would be back in the mid-1990s. I was blown away, and have seen those in particular multiple times. But I've probably seen about 8-10 of his other films as well....and actually just watched a documentary he made called "Wheel of Time," last night - about Buddhist ceremony in India. Kinski is insane, in the best kind of way.

As to Popul Vuh, I'm thrilled that SPV is releasing the VAST majority of his catalogue, including all the soundtracks to the Herzog stuff. The Fitz soundtrack was actually kind of a let down though, as it contains most of the Caruso opera stuff (which is not a bad thing), but not all of the Popul Vuh orchestrations. Damn!!! Anyway, I've bought a BUNCH of the Popul Vuh stuff....and it's all good. Aguirre is probably the better soundtrack....

ElectricWiz said:
Aguirre is probably the better soundtrack....

Aguirre The Wrath Of God it's an incredible movie, my favorite of the few Herzog movies I've seen (even more than his remake of Nosferatu).
And then the haul that wasn't there...

World Below - "Maelstrom": not as good as the debut some black type vocals in some passages and a part too much mallcore in one tune

Hallows Eve - "Evil Never Dies": never knew about this one until I was roaming thru Red Stream, then I found in Metal Archives that indeed they made a fourth album. Actually the line-up is totally different and the bass player (only remnat of the band) handles some of the vocals, the album is basically thrash but has doom, death and even punk passages, vey funny especially the last one 'The Ballad Of Mortuary Harry'. Not as classic as their other labums but worth for completism.

Obstruction - "Déj Vér"
Obstruction - "Horizont": a band from Hungary that plays traditional heavy metal sung in Hungarian. I was amazed by their samples and order both albums, the chorus reminds me a lot of Tyr although this ain't viking metal. Really melodic and cool a great discovery just roaming for stuff to make a haul for World below and finally this came better than the original intended album.

This about sums up the past 5 months for me....
Anakron - A Viking Harcos: The Viking Warrior
Angra - Fireworks
Angra - Aurora Consergens
Anubis Gate - A Perfect Forever
Axenstar - The Final Requiem
Black Destiny - In Neo Noir
Blind Guardian - A Twist In The Myth
Bloden Wedd-Eye Of Horus
Cellador-Enter Deception
Darksun - The Dark Side
Dionysus - Fairytale And Reality
Dragon Lord - Through The Time
Dreamland - Futures Calling
Edu Falaschi - Almah
Edenbridge - The Grand Design
Eidolon-The Parallel Otherworld
Evil Masquerade - Third Act
Falkenbach - En Their Medh Riki Fara
Freedom Call - The Circle Of Life
Hammerfall - Treshold
Heavenly - Virus
Holy Knights - Gate Through The Past
Iron Maiden-A Matter Of Life & Death
Iron Savior - Battering Ram
Jag Panzer - Ample Destruction
Luca Turilli's Dreamquest -
Macbeth - Malae Artes
Metal Church - A light in the Dark
Metal Majesty - This Is Not A Drill
Narnia - Enter The Gate
Nightscape - Symphony Of The Night
Odyssea - Tears In Floods
Oratory - Illusion Dimensions
Palace - Black Sun
Persuader - When Eden Burns
Pharaoh - After The Fire
Pharaoh - The Longest Night
Power Quest- Wings of Forever
Rage-End Of All Days & Black In Mind & Speak Of The Dead
Rhapsody Of Fire
Sabaton - Attero Dominatus
Sabaton - Primo Victoria
Silent Voices - Building Up The Apathy
Skylark - Fairytales
Torian - Dreams Under Ice
Unicorn - The 13th Sign
Venin Noir
Winterstrain - Return To The Mirror

Powermetal Rebel said:
Angra - Fireworks
Angra - Aurora Consergens
Anubis Gate - A Perfect Forever
Blind Guardian - A Twist In The Myth
Bloden Wedd-Eye Of Horus :kickass:
Cellador-Enter Deception
Freedom Call - The Circle Of Life
Hammerfall - Treshold
Nightscape - Symphony Of The Night
Pharaoh - After The Fire
Pharaoh - The Longest Night :worship:
Sabaton - Attero Dominatus :worship:
Sabaton - Primo Victoria :worship:

I guess you are going to make a nice addition to our tribe, good taste :D

Powermetal Rebel said:
Jag Panzer - Ample Destruction
Is this an official cd release? You're one lucky bastard if it is...:cool:

Here are my recent acquisitions (is that a real word?):

Artension - Sacred Pathways
Dream Child - Reaching The Golden Gates
Elegy - Forbidden Fruit
Leatherwolf - World Asylum / Best of 2006 so far, teethbreaking stuff
Metal Church - s/t / Kick ass
Metal Church - The Dark / Kick ass
Mezarkabul - Unspoken / Fans of Tad Morose, check out this band
Mötley Crüe - Carnival Of Sins dvd
Omen - Eternal Black Dawn / Not half bad actually, I was expecting a lot worse after reading some reviews
Riot - Inishmore
Riot - Sons Of Society

Russell Allen's Atomic Soul
Vicious Rumors - Warball / Good album, James does great job although honestly I would've preferred some "unknown talent" singing for VR...
Vicious Rumors - Crushing The World dvd

tsorl said:
Is this an official cd release? You're one lucky bastard if it is...:cool:

Here are my recent acquisitions (is that a real word?):

Let's just say I'm not THAT lucky - But I'm fortunate to have found it in any event.
Acquisitions - Yes it is a real word (new possession: something that has recently been bought or obtained).

Russell Allen - Why does that name sound so familiar? Any comments of the album?
Take Care-
PMR

Powermetal Rebel said:
Let's just say I'm not THAT lucky - But I'm fortunate to have found it in any event.
Acquisitions - Yes it is a real word (new possession: something that has recently been bought or obtained).

Russell Allen - Why does that name sound so familiar? Any comments of the album?
Take Care-
PMR

The Russel Allen album is a great 70s hard rock album. I love it. People tell me I am one of the few. So welcome to that select club. :)

Hawk said:
The Russel Allen album is a great 70s hard rock album. I love it. People tell me I am one of the few. So welcome to that select club. :)

Thanks Hawk ! When I heard the name, I associated it with 70's also but when I looked it up - this is what I found.... 'Russell Allen’s Atomic Soul marks the first solo CD release from the lead singer of Symphony X, a man that many consider to be one of the finest vocalists in all of hard rock.' Sounds like another gem for the already elaborate 'wish list'.

Take care-
PMR

Powermetal Rebel said:
Thanks Hawk ! When I heard the name, I associated it with 70's also but when I looked it up - this is what I found.... 'Russell Allen’s Atomic Soul marks the first solo CD release from the lead singer of Symphony X, a man that many consider to be one of the finest vocalists in all of hard rock.' Sounds like another gem for the already elaborate 'wish list'.

Take care-
PMR

Yup, it's a mightily rockin' album. I'm not a fan on Symphony X at all really, but Russell Allen is truly one of the finest vocalist out there and his voice really fits this rough-edged hard rock. The album he did with Jorn Lande last year, The Battle, is very good as well.