Post your Hauls!

Wyvern said:
Didn't know that! So sad as he is a highly underrated composer and player. Warlord should have been much, much bigger. To tell you the truth when Mark Zonder quit FW I was hoping for a Warlord reunion of some sort.
That was my first thought as well, but I don't think Warlord would challenge Zonder enough. After the complexity of Fates Warning, I'd think he'd get bored playing straight metal. I think he's going to get more into producing.

If you DO have "Best Of Warlord" keep that treasure like golden plated uranium since is all the material they did and the album is absolutely OOP. I managed to got it some years ago at e-Bay and was a real jackpot.

'Rhapsody' is my fave from the album. Lana's albums are never epic, is more a melodic rock with progressive overtones and some symphonic hits. SOA was my fist since Arjen Lucassen played on it, but I do recommend "Lady Macbeth", "Garden Of The Moon" and "Project Shangri-La". If you become a fan like I did I also recommend to get her stuff directly from
http://www.lanalane.com/llcorder.htm

I always got them delivered and the prices are absolutely sensible even for the Japan imported material. Also at a time I was able to get some Ayreon stuff there which was of course ultra cool.

If you liked Lana check her work with Ayreon "The Universal Migrator: The Dream Sequencer" and "Ayreonauts Only".

Also some other female fronted material that may appeal to you:

Within Temptation - "Mother Earth"
Lacuna Coil - "Unleashed Memories"
Kurgan's Bane - "The Future Lies Broken"
Dunwich (all three albums if you can get any of them)
Mastermind - "Angels Of The Apocalypse"
Moon Of Steel - "Insignificant Details"
Blackmore's Night (any/all of them)

And on another level:

Benedictum
Warlock
Sinergy
Rock Goddess
Girlschool
Nightwish
Beholder
Black Widow

YEAH I really like the Best Of CD also- I'm imagine the reason I didn't rip the CD was the track listing wasn't available (automatically) so I set it aside for later attention.... Then forgot to tag it manually. I wonder how many other gems are stashed in my shed that never got ripped.

For some reason - The Lane Lane CDs I do own "Project Shangri-la' and now SOA just don't do it for me. I've got very unusual tastes and though I am willing and eager to listen to new material - I seldom find artists that really interest me. But in no way do I allow my selectiveness to discourage from seeking out new bands or cause me to be narrow-minded.

I love the Ayreon CDs, BTW. That's a band I really enjoy.

Thank you for you new recoommendations -I am familiar with several of the bands you've mentioned... I'm not fond of Within Tempation, Benedictum, Girlschool or Warlock. I like Nightwish on occasion but I tire of them quickly. Beholder is excellent as is Blackmore's Night and Sinergy. The others.., I have not even heard of but I will do some research before my next order. THANK YOU !

Some other bands I do like along this line are... Battlelore, Edenbridge, Oratory is one of my faves, Magica, Fairyland, Visions Of Atlantis, Elvenking - also one of my faves. Also need to add Almora to this list.

Thanks for all the info Wyv - Guess I'm gonna be busy for awhile :loco:
PMR

Saga - Generation 13
A full blown "prog opera", not as immediately catchy as rest of their stuff. It's a good album, I guess. A bit too artsy for my tastes though.

Matthias IA Eklundh - Freak Guitar
An instrumental album, but an interesting one! I know nothing about playing guitar but I can still enjoy this. Still more like "background music" but not in a bad way.

Virgin Steele - Invictus
Epic and powerful, you know the deal. :worship:

tsorl said:
Matthias IA Eklundh - Freak Guitar
An instrumental album, but an interesting one! I know nothing about playing guitar but I can still enjoy this. Still more like "background music" but not in a bad way.

I love this album! Its crazy. wacky and Matthias plays like a virtuoso!

I am going to play it now!

Mercenary - The Hours that Remain
Scanner - Terminal Earth
Lord Bane - Age of Elegance
Morgana Lefay - The Secret Doctrine
White Lion - Pride (I had it on a used tape... time to get the CD!)
Skyclad - Prince of the Poverty Line
Wuthering Heights - The Shadow Cabinet

Wuthering Heights - The Shadow Cabinet

Already? I hate Europeans :p So far I only found the Swedish version expensive and in backorder :(

Hammerfall - "Threshold"
Krux - "Krux II"
Saint Vitus - "V" (remaster with multimedia videos)
Tarot - "For The Glory Of Nothing" (remaster with bonus tracks)
Trouble - "The Skull" (reissue with DVD)

Already? I hate Europeans :p So far I only found the Swedish version expensive and in backorder :(

Hammerfall - "Threshold"
Krux - "Krux II"
Saint Vitus - "V" (remaster with multimedia videos)
Tarot - "For The Glory Of Nothing" (remaster with bonus tracks)
Trouble - "The Skull" (reissue with DVD)

Good to see your haul arrived!! BTW - Laser's Edge is now accepting pre orders for WH. $14.00 US. They will ship as soon as they arrive.

Happy listening !

Good to see your haul arrived!! BTW - Laser's Edge is now accepting pre orders for WH. $14.00 US. They will ship as soon as they arrive.

Happy listening !

Actually that was my CDUniverse haul, The End Records haul hasn't arrived yet :cry:

Thanks for the LE info, I buy from them too :headbang:

It was supposed to be out today in US, but it's not. Only went on "pre-order" status. Remember the US release will probably be cheaper than import, and has the bonus live cd of their PPUSA performance included. Just be patient :D

I will be ;)

In other news my The End Records haul arrived today (all 2006 stuff):

Angra - "Aurora Consurgens"
Dream Evil - "United" (first pressing with a bonus CD with 5 more songs; 19 more mins of metal!)
Falconer - "Northwind" (digipack version with a bonus CD with 4 songs in Swedish and a video from the recordings)

They also send me a free sampler called The Dark Psyche. Is a compilation of black metal bands, the nice thing is that comes in a jewel case which is always useful to have :lol: ...oh and the CD is useful too so I can show people why I dislike black metal (and I even didn't paid for it :heh: ).

I will be ;)

In other news my The End Records haul arrived today (all 2006 stuff):

Angra - "Aurora Consurgens"
Dream Evil - "United" (first pressing with a bonus CD with 5 more songs; 19 more mins of metal!)
Falconer - "Northwind" (digipack version with a bonus CD with 4 songs in Swedish and a video from the recordings)

They also send me a free sampler called The Dark Psyche. Is a compilation of black metal bands, the nice thing is that comes in a jewel case which is always useful to have :lol: ...oh and the CD is useful too so I can show people why I dislike black metal (and I even didn't paid for it :heh: ).

It's about time!! I liked the Falconer a lot first time I heard it & expected to grow tired of listening to it quickley as I did the previous albums - Strange thing is this one keeps growing on me.

I wonder if anyone actually paid the 6.99 sticker price for the sampler :lol: .
Good to see your haul has arrived.
PMR

I wonder if anyone actually paid the 6.99 sticker price for the sampler :lol: .
Good to see your haul has arrived.
PMR

I see you got it too since you know the price :p . The 4 Falconer songs in Swedish (9 more mins) are very good, very reminescent of their early work. And I know this new album will do fine along the new Tyr one in my collection for 2006.

I guess I don't have much to haul until the end of the year. I wish Solitude Aeturnus, Tarot and Riot come with the USA versions now so I can get them along with Wuthering Heights. I was hoping also Thunderstorm and Memory Garden come with their albums this year but I see it unlikely :erk:

I see you got it too since you know the price :p . The 4 Falconer songs in Swedish (9 more mins) are very good, very reminescent of their early work. And I know this new album will do fine along the new Tyr one in my collection for 2006.

I guess I don't have much to haul until the end of the year. I wish Solitude Aeturnus, Tarot and Riot come with the USA versions now so I can get them along with Wuthering Heights. I was hoping also Thunderstorm and Memory Garden come with their albums this year but I see it unlikely :erk:

Yep - got my freebie too along with some stickers (They probably couldn't sell:lol: ) I've got another order in with them now - Wonder if they'll send another. Can't complain.

I'm gonna have to get that Falconer digi. I'm a digi-fanatic & can't go wrong with all the bonus tracks on it. I haven't heard any TYR or Thunderstorm yet but there's a lot of talk so I will find out what all the commotion is about. Tarot's a bit hard edge for me but I don't dislike them.

I've been hooked on this Wizards CD lately.
Take care-
PMR

I'm a digi-fanatic & can't go wrong with all the bonus tracks on it.

I ahte digipacks. When the center comes broken you are done. I prefer jewel cases which are easily replaced if they broke.

I haven't heard any TYR or Thunderstorm yet but there's a lot of talk so I will find out what all the commotion is about. Tarot's a bit hard edge for me but I don't dislike them.

Tyr is a band form the Faroe Islands that play true viking metal. I mean is not black metal sound with viking themes, but power metal with folk viking influences that put them on the prog side. Their debut is a bit mixed-up, but the second album "Eric The Red" and the new one "Ragnarok" are great. And i love when they sing on Faroese (even if I don't understand shite).

Thunderstorm is a doom metal band from Italy. A power trio that plays very classic based epic doom, and if you are a doom fan you should look for their records (three so far) with the possibility of a new one this year, but I see it very unlikely. http://www.thunderstorm-doom.com/

As for Tarot I love it. I started with their harshest album so far (haven't heard the new one properly) "Suffer Our Pleasures", but if you start with "Spell Of Iron" from 1986 and the progress you'll enjoy their stuff a lot I'm sure since they started as a typical 80's metal band and they retain their classic approach IMO today.

I ahte digipacks. When the center comes broken you are done. I prefer jewel cases which are easily replaced if they broke.

As for Tarot I love it. I started with their harshest album so far (haven't heard the new one properly) "Suffer Our Pleasures", but if you start with "Spell Of Iron" from 1986 and the progress you'll enjoy their stuff a lot I'm sure since they started as a typical 80's metal band and they retain their classic approach IMO today.
I've had really good luck with digi-paks- never have received a broken one. Guess I will stop liking them so much if that changes.

I'm having difficulty finding the CD's you've recommended... Looked for the Kurgan's Bane, Black Widow, Dunwich, and Moon Of Steel - They didn't have anything at all by those artists at The End. They have a Mastermind CD available but not "Angels Of The Apocalypse". Gonna have to do a more intense search to find some of those. TYR 'Ragnarok' is in my cart for the next order along with 7th Wonder & a few others...

Thunderstorm sounds like it's not my cup of tea but that could change. My tastes are constantly expanding and I place no boundries on my musical exposure.

I've only got 'Suffer Our Pleasures' and have only listened to the CD a couple times and that was some time ago. I've got it on shuffle mode today with a couple new additions and it seems to blend in just fine. Maybe I'll like it nowo_O
PMR

Paid Rhino Records a visit this morning - Their metal section is just too small ::sigh:: I was able to find a couple I've been wanting...
Abraxas - 'Tomorrow's World" (Remaster w/Bonus Tracks)
Korpiklaani - 'Tales Along The Road'
Manticora - 'The Black Circus Pt. 1'

Wolf Black Flames
Mercenary Hours That Remain
Hammerfall Threshold
God Dethroned Toxic Touch
The Haunted Dead Eye
The Haunted T.H. Made Me Do It
Dream Evil United
AMon Amarth With Oden On Our Side

Last two months or so.

I'm having difficulty finding the CD's you've recommended... Looked for the Kurgan's Bane, Black Widow, Dunwich, and Moon Of Steel - They didn't have anything at all by those artists at The End.

No surprise you have to broaden your purchasing experience :D Try some of the places I gave you in the cjat last time on SS.

Also some of them may have disappeared or are OOP by now. Don't forget (if you're are again ready to do GayPal) e-Bay and also check CDBaby.

No surprise you have to broaden your purchasing experience :D Try some of the places I gave you in the cjat last time on SS.

Also some of them may have disappeared or are OOP by now. Don't forget (if you're are again ready to do GayPal) e-Bay and also check CDBaby.

Thanks for all the info, WYV. Sentinel is great to deal with.. Sent them my wish list and they had 11 of the 15 in stock. They shipped promptly and already sent me the tracking info on the order scheduled to arrive Friday. I REALLY think I'm gonna like this place. Only down side was I had to sign with GayPal but now I can order from some of the others too.
Thanks -PMR