Post your Hauls!

Isopoda - "Achrosticon" (thanks again Carnut!)
Oliver Wakeman & Clive Nolan - "Jabberwocky"
Midnight Sun - "Nemesis"
Wuthering Heights - "The Shadow Cabinet" (spc. ed.)

NP: Zed Yago - 'Rose Of Martyrdom'

Midnight Sun - "Nemesis"
Wuthering Heights - "The Shadow Cabinet" (spc. ed.)

NP: Zed Yago - 'Rose Of Martyrdom'

Cool haul Wyv - What's your take on the Midnight Sun CD? I don't have that one. I've got 'Metal Machine' by them & to me it's more of a novelty item and nothing to take too seriously.

Which WH edition do you have? Does it include the PP disc or one of the bonus tracks? You must share your thoughts on the CD as well, please.
PMR

Cool haul Wyv - What's your take on the Midnight Sun CD? I don't have that one. I've got 'Metal Machine' by them & to me it's more of a novelty item and nothing to take too seriously.

I like MS on two levels:

• the fact that is driven by Jonas Reingold (The Flower Kings) and that he brought Jaime Salazar (ex-TFK) on those two albums. Coming from the strong prog rock world of TFK, Karmakanic and The Tangent, being in a extremely cheesy metal outfit is fun for me
  • the extreme cheese of specially the last album, I'm sure they were joking about themselves being so true metal, metalheads should laugh more about themselves IMO
This one with Pete Sandberg on vocals is more on the vein of Opus Atlantica (another collaboration of Reingold and Sandberg) than their last album, also reminds the work of Sandberg with Richard Andersson in Silver Seraph and therefore there's a strong nee-classical influence. In summary if you grew with Yngwie Malmsteen and like Majestic, Time Requiem, Opus Atlantica and stuff like that you'll like "Nemesis"

Which WH edition do you have? Does it include the PP disc or one of the bonus tracks? You must share your thoughts on the CD as well, please.
PMR

As I put it my version is the special one with the bonus CD of their live PPV appearance. The album is damn good now listened properly, inmediately climb my top 10 under Astral Doors which makes Nils Patrick Johanssen the big winner of this year in my list. Still have to make a nice listen session to shuffle the places under 5 to make a final decission, but I believe WH positioned themsleves strongly on their own right.

NP: Midnight Sun - 'Resurrection'

Oh lordy, here goes my latest haul (This is coming from Amazon, Nightmare Records, Ebay, etc.):

Balance of Power: Book of Secrets, Ten More Tales, Perfect Balance
Empire: Hypnotica
Edguy: Hall of Flames (special edition)
Pink Cream 69: Electrified
The Seventh Power: S/T
Outworld: S/T
Wolf: The Black Flame
Stryper: Soldiers Under Command
Dream Evil: United
Skid Row: RPM
Dream Theater: Awake
Hair of the Dog: Rise
Pink Cream 69: Endangered, Sonic Dynamite & Mixery
Barren Cross: State of Control
Plus I'm still waiting for a CD From PMR.

My Poor Wallet! :mad: :headbang: :kickass:

I like MS on two levels:

• the fact that is driven by Jonas Reingold (The Flower Kings) and that he brought Jaime Salazar (ex-TFK) on those two albums. Coming from the strong prog rock world of TFK, Karmakanic and The Tangent, being in a extremely cheesy metal outfit is fun for me
  • the extreme cheese of specially the last album, I'm sure they were joking about themselves being so true metal, metalheads should laugh more about themselves IMO
This one with Pete Sandberg on vocals is more on the vein of Opus Atlantica (another collaboration of Reingold and Sandberg) than their last album, also reminds the work of Sandberg with Richard Andersson in Silver Seraph and therefore there's a strong nee-classical influence. In summary if you grew with Yngwie Malmsteen and like Majestic, Time Requiem, Opus Atlantica and stuff like that you'll like "Nemesis"

As I put it my version is the special one with the bonus CD of their live PPV appearance. The album is damn good now listened properly, inmediately climb my top 10 under Astral Doors which makes Nils Patrick Johanssen the big winner of this year in my list. Still have to make a nice listen session to shuffle the places under 5 to make a final decission, but I believe WH positioned themsleves strongly on their own right.

NP: Midnight Sun - 'Resurrection'

Thanks Wyv - I wasn't familiar with Opus Atlantica but I do like all the others you've mentioned (Especially the first Time Requiem & 2 Majestic CDs I have).
I actually like the MS CD I have too but I didn't really expect your tastes to expand enough to include that much cheese. It is a fun CD as is much of the music I enjoy so much.

The WH CD is amazing - Should be interesting to see which direction they go from here. I think there are 3 different special editions of TSC available. Two have 1 bonus track each & the US edition has the PP. I've got the same one you do but I'd sure like to find those bonus tracks.

Take care-
PMR

I actually like the MS CD I have too but I didn't really expect your tastes to expand enough to include that much cheese.

I don't mind cheese as long as the band takes it on fun. That's why I dislike Manowar because they believe the crap!

I've got the same one you do but I'd sure like to find those bonus tracks.

Take care-
PMR

Just search the Internet, any P2P or torrent may have those. I have bought several times special editions but only when the price related to the standard one is the same or close. I won't pay 3-4 more bucks (or way higher for a Japanese edition) just for one song (which usually is subpar related to the rest of the material, otherwise it would have hit the main tracklist).

Cheers, :headbang:

I don't mind cheese as long as the band takes it on fun. That's why I dislike Manowar because they believe the crap!

Just search the Internet, any P2P or torrent may have those. I have bought several times special editions but only when the price related to the standard one is the same or close. I won't pay 3-4 more bucks (or way higher for a Japanese edition) just for one song (which usually is subpar related to the rest of the material, otherwise it would have hit the main tracklist).

Cheers, :headbang:

If you like fun cheesy PM - Give Gaia Epicus 'Symphony Of Glory' a try. This band has so much fun at being amazingly talented. It's really a fun CD if you're interested in that sort of thing (Much less serious and better than their first one 'Satrap').

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll try finding the bonus tracks.

That wouldn't be you in the bright red suit, would it? :p - Gotta love that pic.
Take care & have fun-
SS

If It's really a fun CD if you're interested in that sort of thing

Not really but thanks fr the recommendation. I don't look purposedly for cheesy bands, but if I found one and the music fits my expectations then I don't care.

That wouldn't be you in the bright red suit, would it? :p - Gotta love that pic.
Take care & have fun-
SS

No, :lol:. Found it on the Internet looking for Satan Claus, someone much better qualified than the Grinch or Ebenezer Scrooge to represent the true spirit of Christmas :heh:

Crescent Shield - "The Last Of My Kind": a band I found while making a haul :lol:. It's a "superband" with Dan De Lucie (Destiny's End), Melanie Sisneros (New Eden, ex-Sinergy, ex-The Iron Maidens), Carig Anderson (Engine) and Michael Grant (Onward). The music is very good American power metal which usually bother me in most bands because of the vocalists (weird to explain, just trust me), but I like Onward a lot so I knew the vocals will not being a problem here with Grant aboard, and I was right (except for the opener) he sounds exactly like Onward.

Znöwhite - "Act Of God": a band that Carnut (thanks man!) introduced me to. Roadrunner just remastered their only album (they have two EPs that I would have personally put them together and reissue too, sadly only the album saw the light). Great speed/thrash like there used to be :), in digipack :)() and golden disc :)cool: ). Numbered edition, mine is 0884

Heathen - "Victims Of Deception": finally after all this years this lost gem is seeing the light and at affordable price (the Japanese version ranges from $35-40). Also remastered by Roadrunner and with a bonus track identical to the Japanese version! :D. Numbered edition, mine is 0803.

NP: Crescent Shield - 'The Last Of My Kind'

Wyvern said:
Crescent Shield - "The Last Of My Kind": a band I found while making a haul :lol:. It's a "superband" with Dan De Lucie (Destiny's End), Melanie Sisneros (New Eden, ex-Sinergy, ex-The Iron Maidens), Carig Anderson (Engine) and Michael Grant (Onward). The music is very good American power metal which usually bother me in most bands because of the vocalists (weird to explain, just trust me), but I like Onward a lot so I knew the vocals will not being a problem here with Grant aboard, and I was right (except for the opener) he sounds exactly like Onward.

NP: Crescent Shield - 'The Last Of My Kind'

Yea that album is very good. I just think that the production is way too thin. Other than that I agree.

I finally ordered what actually can be considered a haul and felt the need to post about it! :loco:

COMMUNIC - Waves Of Visual Decay
WOLF - The Black Flame
KIUAS - Reformation
KIUAS - The Spirit Of Ukko
GREEN CARNATION - The Quiet Offspring
MERCENARY - The Hours That Remain
WRETCH - Reborn
KAMELOT - One Cold Winter's Night (2DVD)
FIREWIND - Between Heaven And Hell
FIREWIND - Forged By Fire

I've had all of them on MP3 already (minus the Kamelot DVD of course) so it's not like they're all new stuff. Firewind is one of my favorite new finds so I'm pretty stoked about their appearance at PP so soon after "discovering" them. I've had "Allegiance" for quite a while and the two in the haul are my favorites of the ones I don't have. Chiti is just too damn good to pass up no matter who he's singing with.

Did a little Christmas shopping today and bought a few for myself in the holiday spirit (Heck, I'm worth it)

Kiss - Kissology Vol 1 DVD
Best Of Tom Jones DVD
Kamelot - One Cold Winter's Night DVD
Amon Amarth - Wrath Of Norseman DVD
Iced Earth - Alive In Athens DVD

Plus a few gifts I might end up keeping for me.

I hope the Tom Jones is for someone else, by God!

:heh: Nope - it actually is mine... A little variety - clear similarities to NPJ - believe it or else. :loco:

I didn't include the 'gifts' in the list.. (Those were 'Osmond Brothers in Concert' for my sis, The Who 'Kids Are Alright', Gary Moore - 'Live at Montreux' (1990) and Queen on Fire (Live at the Bowl' all for my brother in law. I guess they're officially mine till I give them away. :p
PMR

:heh: Nope - it actually is mine... A little variety - clear similarities to NPJ - believe it or else. :loco:

I didn't include the 'gifts' in the list.. (Those were 'Osmond Brothers in Concert' for my sis, The Who 'Kids Are Alright', Gary Moore - 'Live at Montreux' (1990) and Queen on Fire (Live at the Bowl' all for my brother in law. I guess they're officially mine till I give them away. :p
PMR
Tom Jones and Nils Patrik have clear similarities???? I want some of what you're smoking, man!

Have you watched he Gary Moore? I was thinking about renting that Montreux vid from Netflix, but was concerned about the audio/video quality. Is it totally a blues show or does he do some of his rock stuff?

Tom Jones and Nils Patrik have clear similarities???? I want some of what you're smoking, man!

Have you watched he Gary Moore? I was thinking about renting that Montreux vid from Netflix, but was concerned about the audio/video quality. Is it totally a blues show or does he do some of his rock stuff?

Listen to 'Despair & Pain' & 'Entering the Dome' On Space Odyssey's Embrace the Galaxy. Tell me it ain't so :loco: LOL I could hear TJ doing these songs.

I haven't opened the Gary Moore DVD and would have bought another for myself if they had one but I never did see it. - It is a temptation that is getting difficult to resist to open this thing. Looks like the concert is all blues (includes 3 tracks with Albert Collins)- Three bonus songs from 1997 , might all be rock - I only recognize 'Over The Hills & Far Away'. BTW - Have you heard Domain or Nightwish's versions of Over The Hills? I would rent it - How could you go wrong?
PMR

Listen to 'Despair & Pain' & 'Entering the Dome' On Space Odyssey's Embrace the Galaxy. Tell me it ain't so :loco: LOL I could hear TJ doing these songs.

I haven't opened the Gary Moore DVD and would have bought another for myself if they had one but I never did see it. - It is a temptation that is getting difficult to resist to open this thing. Looks like the concert is all blues (includes 3 tracks with Albert Collins)- Three bonus songs from 1997 , might all be rock - I only recognize 'Over The Hills & Far Away'. BTW - Have you heard Domain or Nightwish's versions of Over The Hills? I would rent it - How could you go wrong?
PMR
I've only got Astral Episode from Space Odyssey, so you'll have to hook me up on the TJ references from Embrace. Maybe make a SS meeting for some mp3s sometime soon.

As for the Gary Moore DVD, do you think your brother-in-law is going to notice that annoying shrinkwrap and title stickers across the seam are missing? If he does, he'll THANK YOU. You're doing him a fucking FAVOR by peeling off today's security packaging.

And while it's open.... :D

I've only got Astral Episode from Space Odyssey, so you'll have to hook me up on the TJ references from Embrace. Maybe make a SS meeting for some mp3s sometime soon.

As for the Gary Moore DVD, do you think your brother-in-law is going to notice that annoying shrinkwrap and title stickers across the seam are missing? If he does, he'll THANK YOU. You're doing him a fucking FAVOR by peeling off today's security packaging.

And while it's open.... :D

Of course... that's it ... while it's open I could test run it for disc error and to confirm it is a gift worth giving. I sure wouldn't want to burdon him with an unworthy or defective gift.
Thanks for the tip. LOL BTW PM coming soon.
PMR