Post your Hauls!

Nice haul from The End arrived today:

DOMAIN - The Artefact
CONCEPT - Reason And Truth (digi book)
CONCEPT - The Divine Cage (digi)
DOMAIN - The Essence of Glory
BROKEN ARROW - Abyss Of Darkness
WYVERN - No Defiance Of Hate (Digi) - The End lists this item as 'No Defiance
of Hate' - It's actually 'Fate' on the CD.
HARMONY - Dreaming Awake
RAGE - XIII
RAGE - Unity

MAGICA - The Scroll Of Stone
AALMORA - Gates Of Time
ALMORA - Kalihora's Song
CRYSTAL EYES - Dead City Dreaming
WINGDOM - Reality
CELESTY - Mortal Mind Creation

NOCTURNAL RITES - Grand Illusion (My 2nd copy of this one - Don't know
how I ordered it twice - It's good but I doubt I'll wearing 1 out)

Plus CDs of previously Downloaded albums:
NIGHTSCAPE - Symphony Of The Night
AXENSTAR - The Final Requiem

This should keep me brain busy till Friday or so :loco:
PMR

Nice haul from The End arrived today:

WYVERN - No Defiance Of Hate (Digi) - The End lists this item as 'No Defiance of Hate' - It's actually 'Fate' on the CD.

What a shitty name for a band :p

NIGHTSCAPE - Symphony Of The Night
PMR

I have that too, damn flowery but funny, although I doubt I'm gonna get anything else from them.

What a shitty name for a band :p

I have that too, damn flowery but funny, although I doubt I'm gonna get anything else from them.

LOL - So far - Wyvern is the best of the bunch.. Still have several to go before the final determination but I am very impressed with this. Of course the competition hasn't been that hot. This Wyvern CD will get a lot of play in my car.

I like the Nightscape stuff quite a bit... But then my tastes are a bit odd as you well know :p
I love the heavy speedy happy melodic stuff. hhhmmmm
PMR

Just after I gave up hope of seeing my new shipment this week, it showed up about 6:55 pm. :Smokin: Never knew UPS delivered that late.... Especially on Friday night. Guess I know what I'll be doing this weekend & through the Thansgiving holiday.... Includes orders from The End and Sentinel Steel.

Perpetual Fire - Endless World
Skylark - After The Storm
Seventh Seal - The Black Dragon's Eyes
Cryonic Temple - Chapter 1 & In Thy Power
Conquest - Frozen Sky
Virgin Steele - Hyms To Victory
Wizard - Head Of The Deceiver
Nemesis - Goddess Of Revenge
Seventh One - What Should Not Be
Bal Sagoth - The Power Cosmic
Stormwind - 'Reflections' & 'Rising Symphony'
Twilight Guardians - Sintrade
The Storyteller - Underworld
Requiem - Requiem Forever
Antiquus - Ramayana
Klaus - The Spirit Of Ukko
Seventh Avenue - Between The Worlds
Jacob's Dream - Jacob's Dream
Dyecrest - This Is My World
Seventh Wonder - Waiting In The Wings
Memorized Dreams - Theater Of Life
Silver Seraph - Self Titled
Martiria - The Age Of Return
TYR - Ragnarok
Logar's Diary - Book II : Parlainith The Forgotten City
Last Empire - Last Empire

Big thanks to WYVERN - Sentinel Steel was awesome to deal with. Thanks for the recommendation :headbang:

Perpetual Fire - Endless World
Skylark - After The Storm
Seventh Seal - The Black Dragon's Eyes
Conquest - Frozen Sky
Virgin Steele - Hyms To Victory
Wizard - Head Of The Deceiver
Nemesis - Goddess Of Revenge
Bal Sagoth - The Power Cosmic
Twilight Guardians - Sintrade
The Storyteller - Underworld
Requiem - Requiem Forever
Antiquus - Ramayana
Klaus - The Spirit Of Ukko
Seventh Avenue - Between The Worlds
Jacob's Dream - Jacob's Dream
Dyecrest - This Is My World
Seventh Wonder - Waiting In The Wings
Memorized Dreams - Theater Of Life
Martiria - The Age Of Return
TYR - Ragnarok
Logar's Diary - Book II : Parlainith The Forgotten City
Last Empire - Last Empire

Nice choices man, especially the albums in bold. :kickass:

TYR - Ragnarok

Nixce stuff, be sure to get Seventh One debut it's better. Stormwind is one of my favorite bands, try to get "Resurrection", "Stargate" and "Heaven Can Wait".

Big thanks to WYVERN - Sentinel Steel was awesome to deal with. Thanks for the recommendation :headbang:

Anytime. That why we are gathered together in here, to share.

Nice choices man, especially the albums in bold. :kickass:

Thanks, I had been familiar with Jacob's Dream (very underrated band IMO) but the others you've highlighted were blind buys. I'm liking the Virgin Steele & TYR CDs a lot while Antiquus may sit around awhile before it gets another listen.
Take care-
PMR

I'm really impressed with the Stormwind CDs - (having never heard them before) - I will be looking for the ones you suggest without a doubt. Have you heard thier 'Legacy' CD? Looks like the only other one available at The End. I've got Seventh One's 'Sacrifice' and I agree that it is better than the 2nd. I'm somewhat disappointed with the new one.

Sentinel was great - sent 2 freebie magazines with my order & it appears they even tried to cater to my tatses. :headbang:

PMR

I'm really impressed with the Stormwind CDs - (having never heard them before) - I will be looking for the ones you suggest without a doubt. Have you heard thier 'Legacy' CD? Looks like the only other one available at The End. I've got Seventh One's 'Sacrifice' and I agree that it is better than the 2nd. I'm somewhat disappointed with the new one.

Yeah the new SO also dissapointed me, next album I will listen before purchasing they're not such an amazing band to justify the money in general terms.

As for Stormwind is one of those guilty pleasures. "Legacy" is skippable IMO is a double CD with a mini live album and a bunch of bonus tracks some of them already available in some other album editions, so for me wasn't a big deal. Got it part because ignorance and part because I tend to be a completist for bands I really like.

Yeah the new SO also dissapointed me, next album I will listen before purchasing they're not such an amazing band to justify the money in general terms.

As for Stormwind is one of those guilty pleasures. "Legacy" is skippable IMO is a double CD with a mini live album and a bunch of bonus tracks some of them already available in some other album editions, so for me wasn't a big deal. Got it part because ignorance and part because I tend to be a completist for bands I really like.

I've become a completetist with some bands as well. I find it a real challenge to pass up buying new material from bands I really liked at one time.

Thanks for the Stormwind info - I'll see if I can find the ones you've mentioned. Ever hear of Nemesis? I'm only 4 tracks into this CD & it sounds spectacular.

Any other epic, melodic, speed powermetal you can recommend? Might have time for one more order before the holiday shipping rush.

Take care-
PMR

Any other epic, melodic, speed powermetal you can recommend? Might have time for one more order before the holiday shipping rush.

Take care-
PMR

Hmmm. I may have, I wonder if it will be your taste too. If you don't mind the language, here is some stuff you may like:

Freedom Call
Wonderland
Forgotten Tales
Highland Glory
Taraxacum
Adramelch
Mesmerize
Pegazus
Angel Dust
Avalanch (first three albums only)
Azrael
Obstruction
Skyclad
Black Steel (specially the debut)
Bloden-Wedd
Time Requiem
Majestic
Force Of Evil
Imperio
Renacer
Azeroth
Savage Circus
Silver Seraph
Space Odyssey
Manigance
Malediction

Hmmm. I may have, I wonder if it will be your taste too. If you don't mind the language, here is some stuff you may like:

Freedom Call - Liked them a lot - Have the complete collection
Wonderland - Never heard
Forgotten Tales - Heard Of but never heard (On my want list)
Highland Glory - Like them - Have collection
Taraxacum - Never heard
Adramelch - Never heard
Mesmerize - Like them -

Pegazus - Have one track - CD is on my want list
Angel Dust - Like a lot - have 4 (?)

Avalanch (first three albums only) -- Haven't made up my mind if I like them yet... I've got El Angel... & Lianto... The music is really good but the heavy accented vocals distracts from my appreciation.

Azrael - Never Heard
Obstruction - Never heard
Skyclad - Have 10-11 by them (Guess I like them :loco:)
Black Steel (specially the debut) - Never Heard
Bloden-Wedd - Excellent - Have 'Eye Of Horus'
Time Requiem - Very good - Have 2 (Like the first better)
Majestic - Very good. - Have 2 Really like Trinity Overture best.
Force Of Evil - Never heard
Imperio - Never heard
Renacer - Have 1 - (Renacer) again - distracting lyrics - Excellent music.
Azeroth - Never heard
Savage Circus - Have one - OK - expected more.
Silver Seraph - Have 1 Like it - Just got it - the song Shadowland reminds me of Difficult To Cure by Rainbow (who knows why) -

Space Odyssey - Excellent Debut - A bit disappointed with the 2nd.
Manigance - Excellent (have 3) - Even though vocals in French (?) It's not distracting for me.

Malediction - never heard

Thanks again WYV - You seemed to have mentioned several I really enjoy. Looks like I've got some research ahead of me.
PMR

Avalanch (first three albums only) -- Haven't made up my mind if I like them yet... I've got El Angel... & Lianto... The music is really good but the heavy accented vocals distracts from my appreciation.

Renacer - Have 1 - (Renacer) again - distracting lyrics - Excellent music.

Manigance - Excellent (have 3) - Even though vocals in French (?) It's not distracting for me.

You're weird, you know? :p To me the language issue is not at all, I enjoy the music regardless of my understanding of what they are saying. Same way if happened to me when I started with music in English and I didn't understand shit :lol:

So far I have metal in English, Spanish, French, Italian, Hungarian, Swedish and Faroese, and if it's true I can't sing along outside Spanish or English I nevertheless enjoy the music all the way.

LOL- Don't know why that is. I really like X-Japan with Japanese vocals but never could get into Loudness. Maybe it is the vocalist & not the language -
Who knows - I'm weird. LOL
PMR

Obstruction - Never heard
Malediction - never heard

Well, well...

Obstruction: These Hungarians play melodic heavy/power metal, much similar to their com-patriots Ossian. :kickass: They have released two full-length albums, but I have listened to only the first, Uj Ver, wich is not something special for me. Their EP, Pokoli Szarnyakon though, is much better. Their lyrics are in hungarian.

Malédiction: Amazing french band. Both almbums (Condamnés & Esclave du Vice) are killers. Heavy metal with balls and melody. Highly recommended and don't care if the lyrics are in french.

They have released two full-length albums, but I have listened to only the first, Uj Ver, wich is not something special for me.

I disagree, both albums (still missing the new EP) are great they have become my favorite band of the moment...and I still don't understand shit they singing :lol:

Maybe I have to give more listens to Uj Ver, dunno.

And, of course, Obstruction are not so good as the giants of hungarian metal, Ossian and Pokolgep. Especially the first Ossian albums are must have, for every fan of good heavy metal music.

Maybe I have to give more listens to Uj Ver, dunno.

And, of course, Obstruction are not so good as the giants of hungarian metal, Ossian and Pokolgep. Especially the first Ossian albums are must have, for every fan of good heavy metal music.

I found about Ossian (shit they have a lot of albums and EPs) but I read some bad reviews regarding them as too Manowarish. Is it so? ('cause I can't stand Manowar).

In anycase there's a place to check their sound? Because I found many of their records with good availability but I want to check them bfore spending money.

Manowarish? No, not at all. You have probably read the metal-archives reviews and I can't understand where the guy found the similaraties to Manowar. Only the song-titles and the lyrics have some connection, but we can't understand them, so...

If you want to listen to them before buying, you can legally download their videoclips at the bottom of this page: http://www.ossian.hu/extrak.html
Listen to them and you will understand that there is no Manowar worship. :)

There is also www.youtube.com, where you can find the same videos and more.