Post your Hauls!

Rush-Snakes And Arrows
Megadeth-United Abominations
Halford-Resurretion
Alice Cooper-DaDa

ahhh....birthday money. :)

Happy belated birthday I guess Wicky :D

I awaiting my copy of UA and I'm curious about "DaDA" supposedly is one of the worst AC albums, what's your impression?

Happy belated birthday I guess Wicky :D

I awaiting my copy of UA and I'm curious about "DaDA" supposedly is one of the worst AC albums, what's your impression?

DaDa is not bad at all! Just...different.It's quite keyboardy, and the drums were recorded in a very odd way. They recorded acoustic drums and added computer programmed drums ON TOP OF IT, very odd. If you look beyond all the synths, you'll find very solid songwriting, very catchy melodies, and some of Dick Wagner's best work! And "Former Lee Warmer" is one of the Coop's creepiest songs ever, especially with it's subject matter. It's about a man who kills people to feed his cannibal brother who lives in the basement.

Overall, i like it alot, and i know it the album has a solid cult following, so i'm not alone, but....don't know if you'd like it though.

I have a gap with AC between "Lace & Whiskey" and "Constrictor", never mind to fill it since I've told those albums are baaaaad. But I may need to check them out after all.

Thanks guys for the feedback, and good to see you too JD.

Okay, what's the big idea to release all of my most anticipated albums of the year within about a 3 week timeframe? :zombie:

Allen/Lande - The Revenge
Cage - Hell Destroyer
Kamelot - Ghost Opera CD+DVD
Megadeth - United Abominations

All good albums, I'm not sure if UA is as good as people say though but it's not disappointing. At this point I feel TSHF is superior by a hair.
Kamelot needs many more listens, they keep straying away from power metal which is good. Once again some very unique soundscapes, damn I love this band...

Something for the proverbial old fart in me as well:

Blue Öyster Cult - Spectres
This the recent remaster, nowhere as good as albums like Secret Treaties or Fire of Unknown Origin but there's still some good stuff here (Godzilla, Nosferatu). Also some poppy experimentation that has NOT aged well (Goin' Through The Motions, wtf :erk: ).

Ha, we must be on tune. I just received:

Megadeth - "United Abominations"
Blue Oyster Cult - "Spectres" (expanded edition)

Xentrix - "Scourge" (not as good as its predecessors, sounds more Pantera :ill: )
Marauder - "Sense Of Metal"
Witchfinder General - "Live '83"
Thunderstorm - "As We Die Alone"
Planet X - "Quantum"
The String Quartet - "Tribute To Dream Theater"

Maiden - Live AFter Death
Black Sabbath - Heaven & Hell: Dio years
Megadeth - Arsenal of Megadeth

I noticed the Maiden re-issue is a closer zoom on the cover art than my original. I also noticed the Piece of mind was a darker yellow and Powerslave was far brighter...

Well I do some trading/credit and I got rid of Xentrix - "Scourge" and Midnight Sun - "Nemesis" (sorry PMR). And I got:

Omen - "Eternal Black Dawn" (why nobody told me about this one before :headbang: )

Forte - "Destructive"
Forte - "Rise Above"

this is another band I never heard about, but as soon as the guy play some songs I got hooked, good speed/thrash from USA recommended for fans of Zoetrope, Abattoir, Imapaler.

NP: Omen - 'House On Rue Royale'

Ha, we must be on tune. I just received:

Blue Oyster Cult - "Spectres" (expanded edition)
Marauder - "Sense Of Metal"
"

BOC :headbang:

Do you like the Sense Of Metal CD? After hearing 'Life?" I was really disappointed so I haven't given it too many spins. Sounds like they were trying to find their sound with 'Sense Of Metal' (Reminds me of Wyvern's 'The Wildfire'). I'm still trying to find the Marauder's elusive '1821' - seems to get rave reviews.

Well I do some trading/credit and I got rid of Xentrix - "Scourge" and Midnight Sun - "Nemesis" (sorry PMR). And I got:

Omen - "Eternal Black Dawn" (why nobody told me about this one before :headbang: )

Forte - "Destructive"
Forte - "Rise Above"

this is another band I never heard about, but as soon as the guy play some songs I got hooked, good speed/thrash from USA recommended for fans of Zoetrope, Abattoir, Imapaler.

NP: Omen - 'House On Rue Royale'

Awesome! Glad you got it traded without having to rely on my laziness :rolleyes: I've finally got around to take a bit of time off work (Actually, I'm taking a working vacation .... Hmmmm- if that's not an oxymoron). Gonna finally organize & clean things up around here.

I don't own any Omen CD's but I did have a couple of their LPs back in the 90's. I'll have to keep 'Eternal...' in mind for my next order. Never heard Forte - Keep my eyes open for them too. I just ordered a shitload of classic stuff from Sentinel (They've got a cool sale right now.) Might all be junk - won't know till I hear it :zombie:

BOC :headbang:

Do you like the Sense Of Metal CD? After hearing 'Life?"

Well I was checking bands for the haul, and they pop up. Then I recalled to have some MP3s in my HD so I checked them too, went to their site for further checking and I found the vocals in SOM very good unlike the vocalists in their other albums, so I decided to pick only that one. No regrets.

NP: Forte - 'October'

Made a killing at the flea market! Pretty well $3-$5 each with buy 3 get 1 free:

Blackmoores Night Shadow of the Moon
Death Angel Act III
Death Scream Bloody Gore
Death Symbolic
Diamond Head Behold the Beginning
Fates Warning Awaken the guardian
Mercyful Fate Dont break the oath (remaster)
Nevermore Enemies of reality
Savatage Gutter Ballet
Savatage Dead Winter Dead
Savatage Hall of the Moutain King
Savatage Poets and Madmen
Savatage Edge of Thorns
George Thorogood Born to be bad $1

Celtic Frost Cold Lake Promo LP $3

Just a couple arrived yesterday-
Zandelle - ' Vengeance Rising' Excellent follow-up to their amazing 'Twilight On Humanity'. For fans of traditional heavy power-metal. To me - not quite as intense or epic as 'Twilight".

Rekuiem - 'Time Will Tell' - This one was highly recommended by Metal79....... Reminds me a lot of classic UFO with heavy 80's and modern influences.

NEW

DREAM THEATER
TESLA (R2R)
CHRIS CORNELL

Still cannot find the new Kamelot. I'll keep looking. Also patiently waiting for the Scorps to get their shiza together and get a US distributor!!!

Just arrived:

Dream Theater - "Systematic Chaos" (spc. ed)
Freedom Call - "Dimensions"
Ralph Santolla - "Shaolin Monks In The Temple Of Metal"

Maiden - Live AFter Death
Black Sabbath - Heaven & Hell: Dio years
Megadeth - Arsenal of Megadeth

I noticed the Maiden re-issue is a closer zoom on the cover art than my original. I also noticed the Piece of mind was a darker yellow and Powerslave was far brighter...

Yeah, the tuned up the colors on all the Maiden re-releases, Number of the Beat being one of the most 'famous,' changes.....the background in the sky was VERY different than they intended on the original release.

15 pounds of CDs takes a long time to type (...and even longer to listen to) so I'll just post several at a time - I JUST love Sentinel Steel's sale - feel like a kid in a candy store.

Amulance - 'The rage within and the aftermath'
Archontes - 'Book One- The Child of Two Worlds'
Aska - 'Avenger'
Attacker - 'The Second Coming'
Attacker - 'The Unknown'
Betoken - 'Gate Of Nothing'
Stainless Steel - 'Molten Metal In Your Back'
Wotan - 'Carmina Barbarica'
Cypher Seer - 'Awakening Day'
Powergod - 'Evilution Part I'
Powergod - 'Evilution Part II Back to Attack'
Lion's Share - 'Perspective'