Post your Hauls!

Visited the local independent record store today - Found some cool stuff... Not much metal though....

Elvis Perkins - Ash Wednesday ... I saw him perform 'While You Were Sleeping' on the Letterman Show. It is contemporary folk-rock style which reminds me a bit of 60's British artist Peter Sarstedt. His performance on Letterman is available on You Tube for anyone who may be curious. (Elvis Perkins is son of well known American actor Anthony Perkins most remembered for his role as Norman Bates in Psycho.)

Barenaked Ladies - 'Maroon' - I was a fan of this Canadian band back when 'Gordon' was indepentently released. I haven't kept up with their material after that album but I found this CD dirt cheap in the used section so figured I'd give it a listen.

Deep Purple - 'Burn' - Finally able to fill this gap in my DP collection.

Dr. Dog - 'Takers and Leavers [EP]' & 'We All Belong' - Another of my late night TV viewing discoveries (Also seen on Letterman' - not sure what to expect from them.

Iron Maiden - 'A Matter of Life and Death' - Finally got around to purchasing this CD I DLed back before it was released.

James Blunt - 'Back to Bedlam' - Another folk artist. Saw him perform on Austin City Limits and aside from the overplated, somewhat irratiting 'You're Beautiful', he is a very talented singer/ singwriter with a lot of good material.

Jethro Tull - 'War Child'(Remastered w/ bonus tracks) Another of those classics that took a long time for me to track down on CD. Think it about completes my JT collection.

Slade - 'Nobody's Fools' - This underrated glam rock band has influenced many artists and has had many of their songs covered by metal bands like 'Cum On Feel The Noize' & 'Mama We're All Crazee Now'. They've finally reissued one of the most difficult CDs to find by them at an affordable price. I can finally toss out the CD I recorded from the vinyl LP.

Suzi Quatro - 'If You Knew Suzi'...and 'Other Four Letter Words'
Remastered - 2 albums on 1 CD. From the late 70's this album features a bit milder (and better IMO) Suzi than her earlier work. I think she was best known for her work on Happy Days as (Pinky or Leather???) Tuscadero and her duo with Smokie's Chris Norman on 'Stumblin' In'. Another of those hard to find gems I couldn't pass up.

Ben Kweller - 'Sha Sha' - Another performer discovered on Letterman. Not quite sure what to expect from this album.

Made a killing at Sentinel Steel & the order finally arrived. Den's a bit backlogged & overwhelmed with orders due to the awsome sale prices so it took a bit longer than usual. Some good power, speed, thrash, Old School & who knows what else.....
Arthemis - 'Golden Dawn'
Avian - 'From the Depths of Time'
Custard - 'For My King' (Highly recommended by a buddy of mine at Amoeba Records - No idea what to expect)
Damien Thorne - 'The Sign of the Jackal'
Dark Lord - 'The Metal Years (1982-1985)'
Destillery - 'Behind The Mask' + 'Ferrum'+ 'Immortal Sun'
Exoristoi - 'Wrath of Zeus'
Gallows Pole - 'We Wanna Come Home'
Hammers of Misfortune - 'The Locust Years'
Hellfire - 'Requiem for my Bride'
Liege Lord - 'Burn to My Touch'
Lord Weird Slough Feg - 'Down Among The Deadmen' & 'Twilight of the Idols'
Made Of Iron - 'Made Of Iron'
Manilla Road - 'Mark of the Beast' & 'The Courts of Chaos'
Morbid Jester - 'Gates To Valhalla'
October 31 - 'Meet Thy Maker' + 'Visions of the End'
Pantheon - 'Empire Of Madness'
Quartz - 'Resurrection'
Ravage - 'Spectral Rider'
Ravensthorn - 'Hauntings & Possession'
Redrum - 'Power Corrupts'
Reflection - 'The Fire Still Burns'
Sacred Steel - 'Bloodlust'
Silencer - 'Found on the Sun'
Skullview - 'Consequenses Of Failure' + 'Kings of the Universe'
Sodom - 'Agent Orange' + 'M-16' + 'Masquerade in Blood'
Stranger - 'The Bell (w/ Bonus Videos)
Strikelight - 'Strikelight'
Twisted Tower Dire - 'Netherworlds'
Wind Wraith - 'The Fortune Teller's Gaze'

Hopefully lots of good listening ahead... Helps to keep my eyes open on the road.

Made a killing at Sentinel Steel & the order finally arrived.
You must be supporting that place alone :lol: he doesn't need other customers.

Liege Lord - 'Burn to My Touch'
Made Of Iron - 'Made Of Iron'
Sodom - 'Agent Orange'

Good stuff, I know you'll like Made of Iron, I didn't know you like Sodom, specially old one o_O

NP: Brain Surgeons NYC - 'Tomb Of The Unknown Monster'

He's really got unbeatable prices though - I almost felt guilty about paying what I did for this batch.

Actually, I never heard anything by Sodom before this - Sentinel actually made me very curious about Sodom with all the CDs & descriptions so I researched them & found some samples. Haven't listened to the CD's yet... I've got the whole haul playing 'random' to get an idea of what's here. So far Destillery has really impressed me.

I'll let you know about Made Of Iron - see how well you know my tastes. o_O The Gallows Pole I've heard so far seems to me like something you might like.

NP: Brain Surgeons NYC - 'Tomb Of The Unknown Monster'[/QUOTE]

Exoristoi - 'Wrath of Zeus'

Share your opinion for this when you 'll listen to it, please. :)
Exoristoi is a legendary greek band, the only one that made commercial success singing in our mother tongue (with their first, self-titled album) and this is their first attempt with english lyrics. I haven't bought yet because I am afraid for the quality. So, if you can...

You must be supporting that place alone :lol: he doesn't need other customers.

Good stuff, I know you'll like Made of Iron, I didn't know you like Sodom, specially old one o_O

NP: Brain Surgeons NYC - 'Tomb Of The Unknown Monster'

I've listened to the Made Of Iron CD twice & I do like it very much. It's a really good straightforward heavy metal CD. Seems to be one that will grow on me even more over time. I'm sure this album will spend a lot of time in my car. Looks like you've got my taste pegged.

Looks like you've got my taste pegged.

Dunno about it for sure, but I know that any good fan of power metal HAVE to enjoy a band like Made Of Iron. They are pure inspired Iron Maiden power/classic/epic metal, so there is no way you can fail with that formula especially with a good clean vocalist like they have. And you have to acknowledge thet the opener kick ass!

NP: Masterplan - 'Keeps Me Burning'

AH-HA! Absolutely. Good listening indeed. Alot of the songs are excellent but my favorite is the swesome closer 'King Of All Kings'.

Omen - "Warning Of Danger"
Nasty Savage - "Wages Of Mayhem"
Superchrist - "Headbanger"
Ostrogoth - "Ectasy And Danger/Full Moon's Eyes"
Ostrogoth - "Feelings Of Fury/Too Hot"

thanks to Carnut for pointing this band out :D

NP: Nasty Savage - 'XXX'

Omen - "Warning Of Danger"

Ostrogoth - "Feelings Of Fury/Too Hot"

NP: Nasty Savage - 'XXX'

Like the Omen CD? o_O Just ordered it yesterday with a few others. I should really dig out my Nasty Savage CD & give it another whirl. It was one of the few CD's I actually disliked so much, I never even ripped it to MP3. Maybe my tastes have evolved since then.

Like the Omen CD? o_O Just ordered it yesterday with a few others. I should really dig out my Nasty Savage CD & give it another whirl. It was one of the few CD's I actually disliked so much, I never even ripped it to MP3. Maybe my tastes have evolved since then.

Step, by step. Hadn't check the Omen CD yet since I hace another coming, I have this superstition that you should not play a band if a CD is coming your way :lol: . I know by word of mouth that is not like "Eternal Black Dawn", but I want to take my chances. Just make some research and found that a couple of albums are no good and it's better to stay away from them: "Escape From Nowhere" and "Reopening The Gates", in anycase both are N/A or OOP. EFN seems to be weak and never released in CD, and RTG it seems sounds like Pantera :puke:

As for Nasty Savage I do like their thrash, that's why I was so puzzled with you and Sodom. Early Sodom it's like Venom and they're on my border of tolerance (even if I do like Venom a lot), excepf for Xentrix and now Abandoned I rarely have like thrash outside the USA scene, something with the European thrash than doesn't coagulate with me.

NP: Superchrist - 'Make Them Die'

Escape From Nowhere has been released on CD but it's long OOP and almost impossible to find (I don't have it, too).

Thnaks for the info and I was afraid of it :erk: , but since it seems no Omen fan "like it", I'm safe not having it :p

Step, by step. Hadn't check the Omen CD yet since I hace another coming, I have this superstition that you should not play a band if a CD is coming your way :lol: . I know by word of mouth that is not like "Eternal Black Dawn", but I want to take my chances. Just make some research and found that a couple of albums are no good and it's better to stay away from them: "Escape From Nowhere" and "Reopening The Gates", in anycase both are N/A or OOP. EFN seems to be weak and never released in CD, and RTG it seems sounds like Pantera :puke:

As for Nasty Savage I do like their thrash, that's why I was so puzzled with you and Sodom. Early Sodom it's like Venom and they're on my border of tolerance (even if I do like Venom a lot), excepf for Xentrix and now Abandoned I rarely have like thrash outside the USA scene, something with the European thrash than doesn't coagulate with me.

NP: Superchrist - 'Make Them Die'

Very interesting superstition:loco:
Sodom is one of those bands I had heard a lot about - but never actually heard. Like Venom, (Who I have heard & didn't care for)
they've they seem to be an essential listen for serious metal fans but I didn't want to judge them based on one album. At Sentinel's current sale prices - I was able to experiment a bit more than usual since the CD's were just $7.00 or $5.00 each. Now that I've heard 2 of them so far - I can say I do like tham but not as much as October 31 - Who I'm REALLY starting to enjoy a lot. Sodom does seem to have some changes in their songs which is a feature I really like and I find the songs are actually quite catchy. (That's why I've always liked Sabbat(UK) too.).

I can say I do like tham but not as much as October 31 - Who I'm REALLY starting to enjoy a lot. Sodom does seem to have some changes in their songs which is a feature I really like and I find the songs are actually quite catchy. (That's why I've always liked Sabbat(UK) too.).

Interesting. I never ended absorbing October 31 enough and as for Sabbat I can't stand Walkyier's vocals. It was even hard for me to digest early Skyclad, but I like his new project The Clan Destined (CD unavailable by normal ways :mad: ).

NP: Rick Wakeman & Mario Fasciano - 'Stella Bianca'

'The End' is getting very impressive... Order these 7:55 Thursday morning, Order was fullilled at 8:03 AM & arrived today. WOW. Guess they've found the key to getting repeat business from me.

Catagory 1 : Highly anticipated
Slough Feg - 'Hardworker' (2007)

Catagory 2 : Most promising descriptions or recommendations
Crossfire - 'See You in Hell-Second Attack' - 2 LPs / 1 CD
Phantom-X - 'Storm Riders' & 'Rise Of The Phantom' (X Omen Members)
Brainfever - 'Capture the Night'
Iron Clad / Lion's Pride - 'For Folk and Land' / 'Fortress Europe' (Split CD)
The Ordeal - 'Kings of Pain'
Torian - 'Dreams Under Ice'
Usurper - 'Twilight Dominion'
Viron - 'N.W.O.G.H.M'

Catagory 3 - Bands I'm familiar with & enjoy
Omen - 'Warning of Danger'
Axxis - 'Back to the Kingdom' & 'Eyes of Darkness'

CDs:

ADX - Execution
ADX - In Memorium

LPs:

Satan Jokers - Les Fils Du Metal

I do hate you :p

Iron Clad / Lion's Pride - 'For Folk and Land' / 'Fortress Europe' (Split CD)
The Ordeal - 'Kings of Pain'
Viron - 'N.W.O.G.H.M'
Omen - 'Warning of Danger'

I have Iron Clad solo album, it's alright. The Ordeal didn't fill much my expectations is below average IMO, I got 'Warning of Danger'in my previous haul which takes me to...
....my haul :D

Viron - "N.W.O.G.H.M."
Omen - "The Curse/Nightmares"
Scale The Summit - "Monument"
Candlemass - "King Of The Grey Islands" (digipack spc. ed.)
Laaz Rockit - "City's Gonna Burn"
LoNero - "Relentless"
Conditioned Response - "Pavlov's Dog"
Seventh Wonder - "Waiting In The Wings" (I owe this one to either Carnut or Hawk)

NP: Candlemass - 'At The Gallows End'

I do hate you :p

I have Iron Clad solo album, it's alright. The Ordeal didn't fill much my expectations is below average IMO, I got 'Warning of Danger'in my previous haul which takes me to...
....my haul :D

Viron - "N.W.O.G.H.M."
Omen - "The Curse/Nightmares"
Scale The Summit - "Monument"
Candlemass - "King Of The Grey Islands" (digipack spc. ed.)
Laaz Rockit - "City's Gonna Burn"
LoNero - "Relentless"
Conditioned Response - "Pavlov's Dog"
Seventh Wonder - "Waiting In The Wings" (I owe this one to either Carnut or Hawk)

NP: Candlemass - 'At The Gallows End'

Nice haul o_O I'm not familiar with too many though. Please do post some reviews if you get a chance. I like the Iron Clad CD OK but ir's not as heavy as I expected. I did like Seventh Wonder more than I expected. I had to buy that one a while back to find out what all the hype was about.

I've listened to the Viron once but need to hear it some more.
I was impressed with The Ordeal. Sounds to me like they've included some borderline core:yuk: & though I generally strongly dislike any kind of core & crunchy riffs there's something about this album I actually like.

I think I recall you saying you like Vhaldemar... Custard 'For My King' is somewhat similar in style & is very good. It's the only one I've been able to find by them.