Post your Hauls!

So, the Pariah album is that good, huh? I haven't been able to check it out yet due to an acute lack of vinyl players. I'm really looking forward to it though (naturally)

Oh you got on vinyl? I thought you were lucky and bought the (questionable) SPV CD version. Still is to me their best, wait til you hear 'Puppet Regime' :headbang:

I have Visions of Eden: The Lillith Project I thought it was enjoyable but very different from the virgin steele I heard on one of the Metal Massacre disks..

How do there other albums compare to those?

Virgin Steele's discography can be neatly split to the "epic era" and the "80s cheeseball era". The epic albums are from Marriage of Heaven and Hell onward and those albums are the reason why Virgin Steele are awesome. They had some amazing songs in the 80s like Noble Savage or Cry For Pompeii but mostly it's forgettable IMO.

Visions of Eden is actually my least favorite of the newer VS albums, and for a large part because of the production which sounds very cheap. It's like a demo tape with fake drums, weak guitars etc. The previous two albums, The House of Atreus Pt 1 & 2, are musically great but I have some issues with the production of those as well (they do sound significantly better than VoE).

But the best VS album is 1998's Invictus, where there's just nothing wrong. Good heavy sound, epic songs, amazing vocals by DeFeis... classic album.

Overall I'd rate the recent VS albums like this:

Invictus
Marriage of Heaven and Hell Pt. 2
The House of Atreus Pt. 1
The House of Atreus Pt. 2
Marriage of Heaven and Hell Pt. 1
Visions of Eden

Forbidden= Forbidden Evil
Sodom= Masquerade In Blood
Exodus= Pleasures of THe FLesh
SLayer= Seasons In THe Abyss
Sodom= Tapping The Vein
Destruction=Devolution
and finally Re purchased Metallica= Kill Em ALL

and I found an old Bathory Shirt in my size. Great Day!

Been on a huge old thrash kick again. lol

Horcas - "Reviviendo Huestes"
Rata Blanca - "El Reino Olvidado"

Enforcer - "Into The Night"
Loudness - "Thunder In The East"
Cryonic Temple - "Immortal"
Candlemass - "Lucifer Rising"

Steel Assassin - War Of The Eight Saints
Armored Saint goes power metal or something like that. I guess these guys have been around (technically) since the mid-80s but this is the debut album from 2007. Powerful stuff and there is indeed a certain aura of experience in these songs, everything flows nicely and they don't sound forced at all like so many young bands do.

Not exactly the debut, as they have released "From the Vaults" at 1997, which is actually a compilation of their '80s era demos.

I agree that WOTES is a very good album, but try to find "From the Vaults", contains far better stuff.

Amon Amarth -
Twilight of the Thunder God
The Crusher
Fate of Norns
With Oden On Our Side

Vader -
Litany
Revelations
XXV
The Art of War
The Beast
Impressions In Blood

Dismember - S/T (2008 release)

Grave - Dominion VIII

Hail of Bullets - Of Frost & War

Unleashed - Best Of

Azeroth - "Azeroth II" (after 5 bloody years the album finally see the light, but it seems the band split and only Fernando Ricciardulli stays and now he's moving to Mexico, after leave Argentina and trying luck in Spain and Italy, so I don't know the faith of the band. Also I'm sad in case Maria Eugenia his sister had left since she's one of the best drummers I have ever heard), the album sounds good but have a couple of English tracks that could have been left off (or as bonus tracks) one a cover of Lorena McKennitt The Mummer's Dance (not bad, but again sounds odd in a Spanish sung album) and a cover of 'The Sign Of The Hammer' of Manocheese (most definitively a I can do perfectly WITHOUT it song).

Beto Vazquez Infinity - "Darkmind", the third album of this Argentinian bass player and composer, finds more European guest vocalist like its predecessors. Beto should be considered IMO along Avantasia in terms of crafting music with many musicians and deliver it good. His stuff however is more melodic power metal with symphonic overtones, however since his albums are in English I'm expected by now a wider international recognition.

UFO-Lights Out
UFO-Strangers In The Night
Flower Travellin Band-Satori
Jimi Hendrix-Electric Ladyland 40th Anniversary CD/DVD
Lauren Harris(Steve from I.Maiden daughter)-Calm Before The Storm
Cirith Ungol-One Foot In Hell

Pink Cream 69 - S/T (+ Bonus)
Pink Cream 69 - Live (+ Bonus)
Pantera - Best Of (missing my favorite 'tera song: Medicine Man)
Harem Scarem - S/T ($2)
Tesla - Psychotic Supper
Tesla - Great Radio Controversy
Megadeth - Rude Awakening CD ($2!)

Gotta love finding dirt cheap CDs. :)

Agalloch - Ashes Against the Grain
Agalloch - Pale Folklore

Primordial - To The Nameless Dead
Primordial - The Gathering Wilderness

Borknager - Origin
Borknager - Epic

Amon Amarth - Versus the World

Cradle of Filth - Nymphetamine
Cradle of Filth - Godspeed
Cradle of Filth - Damnation & A Day
Cradle of Filth - Thornography

Helloween - Chameleon expanded edition
Blind Guardian - A Twist In The Myth
Place Vendome - S/T
Savatage - Edge Of Thorns
Nazareth - Expect No Mercy (present for my dad)

Best of all, I got the 3 vinyl Helloween re-releases (Walls of Jericho, Keeper I & II) from a friend of mine. Definitely the best X-mas gift I received! They are just too damn cool :kickass: