Post your Hauls!

Grand Magus - Iron Will
Real good, doomy heavy metal. Not that 30-minutes-2-riffs-doom-for-dooms-sake comedy stuff, this is for fans of Dio-era Sabbath. They even kinda rip off Sign of The Southern Cross at one point. ;)

Steel Assassin - War Of The Eight Saints
Armored Saint goes power metal or something like that. I guess these guys have been around (technically) since the mid-80s but this is the debut album from 2007. Powerful stuff and there is indeed a certain aura of experience in these songs, everything flows nicely and they don't sound forced at all like so many young bands do.

Crystal Viper - The Curse Of Crystal Viper
Crystal Viper - The Last Axeman EP

It's a pretty bold move to kick off your career with a concept album. Always gets a thumbs up from me, even though this is pretty standard fantasy stuff as far as I can tell. It sends a clear message that they're in it for good and not just slapping some random songs together calling it an album.
The music is pretty much Iron Maiden worship, Marta Gabriel's vocals being the exception obviously. I can't say it's amazing but it is good.
If the new song Anvil of Hate from the EP is a good indicator of where this band's going, I'd say a lot of people should take note of their next album.

Virgin Steele - Marriage Of Heaven Hell Part I
Virgin Steele - Marriage Of Heaven Hell Part II

Patching my VS collection. Part II is the superior one of these but Part I definitely isn't bad. Some absolutely killer songs like I Will Come For You but not quite as epic as Part II (or indeed the future albums). The band basically improved with each album in the mid-90s and peaked with Invictus.

Morgana Lefay - Maleficium
The wicked vocals of Charles Rytkönen are the high point of Morgana Lefay, this band should be right up my alley but so far they've stayed firmly in the "OK" category. Maleficium doesn't change that, it's solid with a cool dark mood but there's nothing truly killer to be found...

Attacker - The Unknown
I couldn't get into Soul Taker and I can't get into this one either. I can't say their reunion's worthless as they totally kicked ass at KIT but these studio albums are really rather forgettable. I guess they're still going on even with Bob Mitchell gone (again)?

Cypher Seer - Awakening Day
This one has vocals by Michael Grant from Onward/Crescent Shield which is why I bought the album... not good. Pretty bad, actually. It took a lot of willpower to actually listen through this at one go and it wasn't worth it.

Grand Magus - Iron Will
Crystal Viper - The Curse Of Crystal Viper
Crystal Viper - The Last Axeman EP

Cypher Seer - Awakening Day

Real good stuff you have in there, some of my best discoveries of the last 5 years. And I'll throw Sister Sin, Volnaya Staya and the remaster of Stos among some of the most appealing albums I have lately acquired.
Yngwie Malmsteen's - "Perpetual Flame"
Sister Sin - "Switchblade Serenades"

AC/DC - Black Ice
First impressions as I listen for the first time as I type this: wow! 2008 is really shaping up as the year of "comebacks"! So many classic bands are releasing great, new music!

Mogwai - Mr Beast
Mogwai - The Hawk Is Howling
Mogwai - My Father, My King

Shels - Sea Of The Dying Dhow

Grails - Interpretations of Three Psychadelic Rock Songs

Pelican - EP
Pelican - The Fire In Our Throats Will Beckon The Thaw
Pelican - City of Echoes

Pearls & Brass - The Indian Tower

Karmakanic - "Who's The Boss In The Factory" (this is really an underrated progressive rock band)
Ken Hensley - "Blood On The Highway" (a win win situation, most of the songs are vocalized by Jorn Lande, also John Lawton, Glenn Hughes, Ken Hensley and Eve Gallagher, but if you're an Uriah Heep fan this one is for you, if you're a Ken Hensley fan, this one is obviously for you, and if you're a Jorn Lande fan like me :D then this is for me too), comes in a very elegant digipack that worth the purchase alone.

Got the following for $35 including tax :)
Days of the New - S/T (Love the song Touch Peel and Stand - great album)
Baton Rouge - Lights out on the Playground (The greatest album Extreme, Rough Cutt, Steelheart and Saints and Sinners never made together)
Godsmack - The Other Side (To continue with the acoustic trend)
Kiss - Rock and Roll Over (Not-remastered)
Ratt - Reach for the Sky
Alice in Chains - Dirt

Adam Sandler - What's Your Name? (Love his first 2 comedy CDs)

....Amen to the bargain bin!

Memory Garden - "Carnage Carnival". The Vic Records version (only one I know so far) came surprisingly with a bonus DVD I was unaware of, so the price I paid worth more than I expected. It's the first album in 8 years since "Mirage", sadly after the release Anders Loostrom rhythm guitar left the band, but they already have a replacement. They haven't lost a bit still power/doom kind like a faster Candlemass.

Killing Machine DVD? What's that all about - like a DVD audio?
How did you find that Allen Lande disc compared to the first?

I've got a slurry of stuff coming lately:
Threshold - Dead Reckoning + Bonus
Edguy - Tinnitus Sanctus + Bonus Live CD
Edguy - The Singles
Vanden Plas - Spirit of Live
Ugly Kid Joe - AS Ugly As they Wanna Be (EP - $1!!)
Pyramaze - Melancholy Beast (Finally got my hands on this!)

Not to mention a ton of stuff during the Xmas season. :)

1 LP SCORPIONS original scorpions, the HARDROCK JAPAN 23424
1 ZINE MALMSTEEN, YNGWIE J. burrn! january 2001 METAL JAPAN z556 ( has Uli or Scorps calendar)
1 CD CAMEL mirage PROGRESSIVE ROCK JAPAN c12336
1 CALENDAR BILLBOARD MUSICIAN 1990 trivia calendar BOOK USA b1
1 ZINE SCORPIONS burrn! jan. 1991 METAL JAPAN z140
3 Scorpions Humanity radio edit CD Single
2 Scorpions tour scarves
1 Scorpions Humanity CD/DVD UK release
1 SCORPIONS Under The Same Sun (1993 UK limited edition 3-track 12" single
1 The Company of Snakes- Here we go Again CD
1 Scorpions Zip up Hoodiie with SCORPIONS on front
1 Scorpions girly zip up hoodie, peace, luv, scorpions
1 Scorpions girly zip up Red/Blk hoodie
1 Wild Republic 12" stuffed Scorpion
1 Scorpions "The future never dies" single CD
1 Scorpions Music Legends Rock Greece CD
Iron Maiden girly zip up hoodie
Judas Priest white vinyl wristband
Scorpions velcro red/yellow logo wallet

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO MEEEEE!!!

Virgin Steele - Marriage Of Heaven Hell Part I
Virgin Steele - Marriage Of Heaven Hell Part II

Patching my VS collection. Part II is the superior one of these but Part I definitely isn't bad. Some absolutely killer songs like I Will Come For You but not quite as epic as Part II (or indeed the future albums). The band basically improved with each album in the mid-90s and peaked with Invictus.

I have Visions of Eden: The Lillith Project I thought it was enjoyable but very different from the virgin steele I heard on one of the Metal Massacre disks..

How do there other albums compare to those?

I don't Abryl, but I found it damn boring when I bought it. To be damn frank I hope they don't do another one. Knowing Jorn on the other side he usually never spend more than two albums in projects that aren't his own so most probbaly won't be a third one...and I won't cry for it. :heh:

@ Kitty: you like Scorpions don't you? :saint:

Killing Machine DVD? What's that all about - like a DVD audio?

The Priest DVD seems to be an import from Germany... I haven't had the chance to watch it yet, but I believe it's from the Hell Bent For Leather tour. I looked at the track list and I liked it, plus it was cheap so I bought it :D

I haven heard the first Allen Lande CD yet! But I loved this one.

Coroner - No More Color
Hawkwind - Hall of the Mountain Grill
Helstar - A Distant Thunder
Mekong Delta - Dances of Death
Morgoth - The Eternal Fall
Pariah - Blaze of Obscurity
Possessed - Beyond the Gates
Possessed - Eyes of Horror