Post your Hauls!

Me, obsessed??? Nice haul arrived from Sentinel Steel yesterday.

Airborn - 'Against The World'
Airborn - 'D-Generation"
Airged L'amh - 'The Silver Arm'
Arctic Flame - 'Primeval Aggressor'
Axehammer - 'Windrider'
Battleroar - 'Age Of Chaos' with Bonus DVD
Black Destiny - 'Black Is Where Our Heart Belongs'
Black Knight 'Black Knight'
Cage - 'Darker Than Black'
Catharsis - 'Imago'
Final Chapter - 'The Wizard Queen'
Godiva - 'Godiva'
Headstone Epitaph - 'Power Games'
Ilium - 'Permian Dusk'
Ilium - 'Sirens Of The Styx'
Ironsword - 'Return of the Warrior'
Isengard - 'Crowless Majesty'
Manilla Road - 'Atlantis Rising'
Manilla Road - 'Out of the Abyss' + 'Roadkill' (2-CD)
Manilla Road - 'Spiral Castle'
Manilla Road - 'Crystal Logic'
Marauder - 'Life?'
Not Fragile - '21st Century Ballroom'
Not Fragile - 'Time To Wonder'
Not Fragile - 'Yesterday's Heroes'
(hmmmm - sure are a lot of Slade songs hidden in the Not
Fragile CDs)
Operatika - 'Dreamworld'
Opus Atlantica - 'Opus Atlantica'
Overlord's Perpetual - 'Overlord's Perpetual'
Paragon - 'The Final Command' + 'Into the Black'
Paragon - 'Chalice Of Steel' + 'World Of Sin'
Red Wine - 'Suenos y Locura'
Renegade - 'The Narrow Way'
Sacred Rite - 'Rites Of Passage' Pt. 1 & 2
Skullview - 'Legends of Valor'
Solemnity - 'Reign In Hell'
Stormwarrior - 'Stormwarrior'
Stormwitch - 'The Beauty And The Beast'
Wasteland - 'Warriors Of The Wasteland'
X-Wild - 'Savageland'

:OMG:

Holy shit! It's Christmas already? :lol: :headbang:
When are you going to listen to all those albums? Even with something like a 5-6 album haul, I personally have some trouble giving a thorough listen to all the albums. I've actually recently intentionally toned down my cd buying habits to something like 1-3 albums at a time because of that.

But damn, good for you, and I'm very envious anyway...:kickass:

I need to listen to them all by Tuesday since there's another 21 CD haul coming:heh: (I discovered Sentinel Steel's 'Used' CD section just after my last haul) . I know what you mean by having trouble listening to so many but it is fun :loco: - I went for about 5 years buying about 10 CDs a year because of that. Since I've rediscovered metal about 3-4 years ago, I just can't seem to get enough and my tastes keep evolving.

It is overwhelming when large hauls arrive especially since I am unfamiliar with most of what I buy. I generally read reviews or descriptions & base purchases on them. Usually - I listen to at least 2 full CDs on my commute to work and at least 2 more in the afternoon & evening. All of the CDs get set aside after the first complete listen & I make mental notes to go back to some & others get tossed in the 'What was I thinking?' pile. I have to really like a CD to listen to it repeatedly but I also burn out rather quickly. Even stuff I've tossed in the junk pile initially has made it's way back to my favorite CD list (like Salamandra's 'Twilight Of Legends'). I also think some CDs require the proper listening conditions or mood to develop full appreciation of the music. For me, the most important thing is to keep my collection refreshing & interesting. Plus it's always nice to go back & find hidden gems.

I've purchased a lot of CDs in the past 4 months but there are only 3 more on my want list at the moment so the hauls will slow down for awhile.

I agree - Very enjoyable CD - I've listened to this 3 times so far & really like Judas Call, Holy Grael & Endless Slaughter. I love the cheesy Rhapsody sound without the narration.

Actualy I enjoy a lot the stuff involving Jonas Reingold, from the pure prog of The Flower Kings, The Tangent and Karmakanic to cheesy metal like Midnight Sun and Opus Atlantica.

NP: Leatherwolf - 'Gypsies And Thieves'

Actualy I enjoy a lot the stuff involving Jonas Reingold, from the pure prog of The Flower Kings, The Tangent and Karmakanic to cheesy metal like Midnight Sun and Opus Atlantica.

NP: Leatherwolf - 'Gypsies And Thieves'

I visited his web site after hearing Opus Atlantica the first time...I REALLY enjoy that stuff :heh: Sure would like to find more stuff he's done in that style. I've got 1 Midnight Sun CD which I enjoy from time to time & I didn't much care for Flower Kings. Can you think of anything else like Opus Atlantica I may be missing out on? I've also been trying to track down some Pandaemonium which by what I've read might be similar. Sentinel Steel is out of stock but they are working a deal to purchase the old Underground Symphony catalog from what Den's told me. Thanks again for turning me on to Sentinel. It's a gold mine.

Here we go again. New haul arrived a day earlier than expected. Lots more goodies in this batch :Smokin: (I hope)...

Dungeon - Resurrection
Freternia - Warchants & Fairytales
Godiva - Call Me Under 666
Inner Wish - Inner Strength
Inner Wish - Waiting for the Dawn
Logar's Diary - Book 1- Iostros
Lordian Guard - Lordian Guard (Warlord's Guitarist)
Pegazus - Wings of Destiny
Phantom Lord - Evil's Domain
Phantom Lord - In Twilight World
Seventh Avenue - Tales of Tales (My 3rd CD by this German, Christian, melodic speed metal band - They haven't disapponted me yet.)

Sinner - Nature of Evil
Sinner - The End of Sanctuary
Sinner - There Will Be Execution (2 CD w/Bonus)
Stormwind - Legacy (2 CD - Includes Live Disc)
Stormwind - Resurrection
Stormwitch - Dance With The Witches
Wiz - Shattered-Mind-Therapy (Members Of Nostradameus)
Wizards - Self Titled
Wolf - Evil Star

Wyvern - The Wildfire (My 2nd CD by this Swedish band. While their 2nd album 'No Defiance Of Fate' was very good & my first CD by them, this CD is remarkable. It's difficult to describe as I've heard nothing like it. I'd say melodic epic HEAVY metal with lots of catchy riffs. It's got a very underground sound to it and the production ain't the best but I think it adds to the raw, epic sound they were striving for.)

Here we go again. New haul arrived a day earlier than expected. Lots more goodies in this batch :Smokin: (I hope)...
Lordian Guard - Lordian Guard (Warlord's Guitarist)
Pegazus - Wings of Destiny
Stormwind - Legacy (2 CD - Includes Live Disc)
Stormwind - Resurrection
Wolf - Evil Star

Damn I want to check those LG albums, specially "Sinners In The Hands Of An Angry God".

Nice stuff in that haul, "Legacy" is a bit weak IMO, look for "Stargate" and "Reflections".

NP: Denigh - 'Touch Me'

Damn I want to check those LG albums, specially "Sinners In The Hands Of An Angry God".

Nice stuff in that haul, "Legacy" is a bit weak IMO, look for "Stargate" and "Reflections".

NP: Denigh - 'Touch Me'

I listened to the LG last night & it's very unusual & different than anticipated.. I wonder if 'Sinners In The Hands...' features the same vocalist. I'll wait to form an opinion until I give the CD I have another whirl. It is definately one of thoses CDs you have to be in the proper mood to fully appreciate.

I picked up 'Reflections' & 'Rising Symphony' in November & liked both of those. I'll keep my eyes open for 'Stargate'.

Liege Lord - Master Control LP

Damn I want that bastard in CD format :erk:

I listened to the LG last night & it's very unusual & different than anticipated.. I wonder if 'Sinners In The Hands...' features the same vocalist.

Yes she is. Actually a lot of the material was reissued for the Warlord "Rising From The Ashes" album with Joacim Cans (Hammerfall) on vocals.

NP: Falconer - 'Perjury And Sanctity'

Manilla Road - 'Atlantis Rising'
Manilla Road - 'Out of the Abyss' + 'Roadkill' (2-CD)
Manilla Road - 'Spiral Castle'
Manilla Road - 'Crystal Logic'

You'll find a fair amount of Manilla Road fans here, or at least there were some time back. Anyway, killer band. I've got Crystal Logic and Spiral Castle, but not the others you've mentioned here. They are both great.

You'll find a fair amount of Manilla Road fans here, or at least there were some time back. Anyway, killer band. I've got Crystal Logic and Spiral Castle, but not the others you've mentioned here. They are both great.

I bought 'Gates Of Fire' some time ago & it wasnt' what I expected at the time so I never listened to it much. It took listening to Battleroar & Assedium to develop an appreciation for an epic, raw sound which led me back to Manilla Road & that GOF CD. I'm not yet too familiar with any of the CDs except to say they seem consistently good and they seem like one band that has not altered their style much over the years which I consider to be a good thing.

Metalucifer - "Heavy Metal Drill"
Place Of Skulls - "With Vision"
Kiko Loureiro - "Universo Inverso"
Masterplan - "Mk II"

and thus I reached the 1200 album mark (not much compared to many here but hey have been only 24 years collecting, give some credit :lol: )

Liege Lord - Master Control, Damn I want that bastard in CD format :erk:
Haha, I got that sucker on CD!:headbang:
You know Wyv, there's programs out there that you can get your hands on that'll enable you to rip your LPs into CD format. If you can get hands on one of those, I'm sure you would go mad.:)

Metalucifer - "Heavy Metal Drill"
Place Of Skulls - "With Vision"
Kiko Loureiro - "Universo Inverso"
Masterplan - "Mk II"

and thus I reached the 1200 album mark (not much compared to many here but hey have been only 24 years collecting, give some credit :lol: )

NO CREDIT! COME BACK.... ONE YEAR!

:heh: