Powerfest '09

Five pages and all we're able to glean about next year's possible roster is that Pyramaze is not out of the question (but not as headliner), and Insomnium would be an attractive candidate if not for date conflicts.

Hmmm - Not complaining, just summarizing the known info so far. :p

Five pages and all we're able to glean about next year's possible roster is that Pyramaze is not out of the question (but not as headliner), and Insomnium would be an attractive candidate if not for date conflicts.

Hmmm - Not complaining, just summarizing the known info so far. :p

you forgot to add King Diamond

I am gonna try and formulate a semi-decent lineup though I will probably get flamed. I am also aware that there is more then likely too many bands from across the pond, but I think I put together some solid lineups.

Fri:
Entombed/King Diamond
Brainstorm/Dream Evil/Jag Panzer
Agalloch/Devin Townsend/Mercenary
Daylight Dies/Zimmer's Hole/Silent Force
Kiuas/War Machine
Visideon/Mindwarp Chamber

Saturday:
Blind Guardian (special set to get out of towners)
Borknagar/Vintersorg/Royal Hunt
Arsis (since they never get more then 30 minutes)/Heaven Shall Burn
Woods of Ypres/Power Quest
Persefone/Augury
Order Of Nine/Widow

I am gonna try and formulate a semi-decent lineup though I will probably get flamed. I am also aware that there is more then likely too many bands from across the pond, but I think I put together some solid lineups.

Fri:
Entombed/King Diamond
Kiuas/War Machine

Saturday:
Persefone/Augury
Order Of Nine/Widow

One can only dream, although I plan to go to Heathen Crusade, which will take care of Woods of Ypres, and Widow would be a good option.

An interesting choice would be Protest the Hero:
They get lumped in with metalcore, so they have some of those fans.
They're technical, so they have some of those fans.
They're getting popular, so they have some MTV2 fans.
They're good, so they have some of their own fans.

I am interested to see them as well.

No I didn't, at least not based upon verbiage from the horse's mouth in this thread anyway.

Sorry, but you guys are going to have to deal with a bit more vagueness this time around. :p

We've learned from getting people's (AND our own) hopes up about any bands & then have them fall through. Unfortunately...all hints, if any, will be kept to a minimum. ;)

Although, rest assured, we do read everyone's suggestions & consider all of them. There have been a few good ones & a few...well, uh...not-so-good ones :p, but don't let that stop you from naming your wishlists. ;)

Fri:
Entombed/King Diamond
Kiuas/War Machine

Saturday:
Persefone/Augury
Order Of Nine/Widow

You know...I'm actually quite impressed. :kickass:

I think this is probably THE most realistic suggested lineup that this board has ever seen from a poster! Almost every slot contains a band that we've considered either this year or in recent years...very nice.

I'd love to see a Radakka reunion in any time slot. :) That would guarantee my ticket, since I'm on the fence due to my impending wedding in May of 09.

Musically, they'd go over better at a fest like ProgPower since this fest gravitates towards heavier bands. But given the fact that they were one of the most well known local club band in the 90's, I think a short set would go nicely and could pull some of the Thirsty Whale crowd that congregates for local club shows.

Sorry, but you guys are going to have to deal with a bit more vagueness this time around. :p

We've learned from getting people's (AND our own) hopes up about any bands & then have them fall through. Unfortunately...all hints, if any, will be kept to a minimum. ;)

Although, rest assured, we do read everyone's suggestions & consider all of them. There have been a few good ones & a few...well, uh...not-so-good ones :p, but don't let that stop you from naming your wishlists. ;)

Honesty is always the best policy. :)

Very good. Thank you!

Sorry, but it's highly unlikely that we would invite any of the current year's HC bands...simply out of professional courtesy.

Only time a band would ever play both fests the same year would be if we had been courting the same band prior to any announcements...which is why Iced Earth played this year even though they're also playing PPUSA. We had been in contact with IE for months...months even before the Barlow/Ripper announcement back in December. We wanted them with or without Barlow...although Barlow coming back worked out to be a HUGE bonus!!!! :kickass: :headbang: :kickass:

Sorry, but it's highly unlikely that we would invite any of the current year's HC bands...simply out of professional courtesy.

Only time a band would ever play both fests the same year would be if we had been courting the same band prior to any announcements...which is why Iced Earth played this year even though they're also playing PPUSA. We had been in contact with IE for months...months even before the Barlow/Ripper announcement back in December. We wanted them with or without Barlow...although Barlow coming back worked out to be a HUGE bonus!!!! :kickass: :headbang: :kickass:

Damn no Woods of Ypres. Now I might have to figure out a way to get to Minnesota.