PP USA VII: Headliners confirmed

I never in a million years expected this. NEVERMORE headlining prog power!!!! WOW GLEN!!!!! Thanks!!! Just sealed the deal for me. I will find any means possible to get down to atlanta!!!!:hotjump:

Then EVERGREY!!!! WOW!!!!! That pretty much seals the deal for the buddy of mine that attended last years fest. thank you, now i dont have to find my way down alone!!:hotjump:

I also hope that Glen drops the know moshing rule, because that would put a damper on NEVERMORE's set:yell:

This is the best birthday present in years!!!!

Angrafan said:
I remember that last year there was one guy that wanted to attend Saturday only! He tried to sell his friday ticket until the last day and was not succesfull. I believe he dropped the ticket prices all the way down to around 20 bucks!
Well, I'm counting on nothing, but my poor long-patient husband who isn't into metal but finances willingly any and all of my shenanigans TRULY loves Epica and strongly wants to see their set. He would love to pick up a ticket for that night, but can't commit early or come down for the whole festival due to work, but he would LOVE to just be there for that one set. I hope for his sake, someone gets desperate towards the end. He deserves his shot. We shall see. Or maybe they'll do a date in NYC? One can only hope.

I was really hoping and praying that Evergrey was getting on eof those slots. HELL YEAH!!!!!!!!!!! And to have the choir/strings is just icing on the cake. I've only seen Nevermore once and that was opening for Savatage back in 2001. I missed there set at Gigantour! So the Nevermore totally caught me off-guard -- I am shocked and amazed!! AND I'm looking forward to seeing them in the way they are meant to be seen.

Thanks Glenn!! See everyone in September! I'm glad I've had my hotel reserved for over three weeks now! :worship: :worship: :worship:

AMBR said:
I hope for his sake, someone gets desperate towards the end. He deserves his shot. We shall see. Or maybe they'll do a date in NYC? One can only hope.

I hope he gets a pass, but it might be better to play it safe and buy the full-event ticket instead of waiting until the last minute hoping there will be a one-day ticket. Besides, maybe he'll end up wanting to attend the whole event :D

sh0kr0k said:
Damn, you stole my response!
Dirtiest player in the game :lol:

I was hoping somebody would know who Flair was. Wooooooooo. Great lineup, was a bit meh towards EG until I read what would be happening. I've recently gotten into NM, and can't wait. For the first three pages, I was getting all hyped up to mosh for the first time at Earthlink, but whatever. I've heard Dane is really hit or miss for live shows, is this true?

Megawozniak said:
I was hoping somebody would know who Flair was. Wooooooooo. Great lineup, was a bit meh towards EG until I read what would be happening. I've recently gotten into NM, and can't wait. For the first three pages, I was getting all hyped up to mosh for the first time at Earthlink, but whatever. I've heard Dane is really hit or miss for live shows, is this true?

True. He was buried in the mix at Gigantour...and from what l could actually hear of his vocals...he was buried for good reason. He can't come close to duplicating the studio stuff. Focus your attention on Loomis the lead guitarist and forget there's a vocalist. Of course, if Nevermore were on Friday...Loomis would get slammed by Freak Kitchen's guitar player.

Didn't read all 7 pages - but didn't Glenn say there was no US band and isn't Nevermore technically considered a US band?

Did another headliner fall through?

Nightmare1z said:
Didn't read all 7 pages - but didn't Glenn say there was no US band and isn't Nevermore technically considered a US band?

Did another headliner fall through?

He stated that one of the rules was gonna be broken. He should announce what happened soon.

Megawozniak said:
I was hoping somebody would know who Flair was. Wooooooooo.

I was hoping someone else would know, too! :cool: :cool: THIS SUNDAY!!

I'm envisiong how the moshing issue will unfold this year. (( I wrote a rather lengthy message here, but decided that I shouldn't stir the pot on the issue, nor is this the time or thread to post it in. If anyone is interested, I saved it. ))

SoNofBitcH said:
come on man, glenn doesnt need 20 PP fanboys that come on here defending him every little mention of something that might piss him off the slightest bit :p that always gets old as hell. not saying he doesnt deserve it. after all, he's made september the best month of the year for the 600 or so of us who attend every single year :D

I am glad someone else thinks this way, sometimes the ass-kissers just go too far with their fanboy-isms..I.e. all the idiots that ALWAYS quote what Glenn says followed by a "me too, omg Glenn you rule"..I mean, Glenn does rule but you wont get free tix by kissing his ass!

on the other hand, "OMG GLENN YOU RULE"..

you never know..

I like Nevermore. However, after seeing them open for Opeth, I wasn't too excited to see that they'd be a headliner. They were a complete let down at that show. However, that was only a 1/2 hour set. I'm hoping that with a full set they will rip it up.

I was hoping that Evergrey would be headlining. I've not seen them do a headliner show yet, nor have I seen them do The Inner Circle material live. I love their music; they're probably in my top 3 favorite bands. But this special set is gonna be a show to remember (like Conception last year, or PoS the year before). I am psyched as hell.

WTFG Glenn!