PP USA VII: Headliners confirmed

:headbang: Wait a minute? Glenn's a liar! :loco:

Didn't he say none of the bands were US bands???

Harvester said:
The Annual Cryptic Roster Clue Post...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Of the ten bands, zero are from the United States.

not that I'm disappointed... I JUST DIDN'T EXPECT NEVERMORE! THAT TOTALLY RULES!!!

Glenn, can I bring a guitar to have Loomis/Smyth sign?? :worship:

Well.. Evergrey, awsome!!! But.. Nevermore to headline PP 06?? If I didn't see them on tour this year and they didn't tour gigantour on summer I would be jumping up and down.. but.. I guess I wasn't at all expecting this, when the band has toured enough this year in the states..

I was hoping for Dragonforce..:ill:

I'll be there going super crazy for both bands, and take advantage of meeting ALL of Nevermore this time, besides just Jim and Warrel..

Thank you for Epica!! :D

Prog Maiden said:
HELL YES! In the words of Quagmire: giggity giggity giggity! :p :headbang:

You're welcome. Giggity.

heh... Krusty called me at work tonight to give me the news... he knew I'd want to hear about Nevermore headlining as soon as possible. :)

Holy shit! This is going to be a PP to rival III for me, not in terms of marquee names, but bands I totally dig! Glen, you have outdone yourself again! I wouldn't worry much about tickets selling out for this one! Dayuuuuum!
Dig the Ric Flair avatar too!

J-Dubya - Woooooooooooooooooooooo!

demmit Glenn
I was going to get an early nite in at the Cheetah on Sat,now I cant!!!!!

Great lineup,only one band I'll be sceduling diiner during the set(Savage Circus)
will starve the other nite I guess

corvinus said:
I can understand why people dont like Dane, because he sings like a fucking man.

Not a castrated eunuch.

castrated eunuch? takes a genius to come up with that one

This years lineup is so badass in my opinion. Two bands I was REALLY hoping to be there are (Vision Divine and Mercenary), and at first I was hoping Evergrey wouldn't be there since they just put out the live dvd, but then when I saw that they'll have a new cd out in April, and then having the choir and orchestra with them...that's just going to be incredible, and definitely something that is going to sound GREAT at Earthlink...one of the best performances ever I'm betting on.
Then for Nevermore. I've been hoping to see them at PP for years, and this was the one year that I had given up and didn't even think of them. lol. What a surprise, and a great one. I've gotten to see them 3 times, but unfortunately they were all as the opening band for like 30 minutes. The first Nevermore show I saw they were with Savatage, and their live sound was SO tight and crisp, I was in shock. I never thought a band that heavy would be able to sound that PERFECT and clean.
The rest of the bands sound great from their soundclips (though I need to hear more from Freak Kitchen to see if I really like them). I was hoping to see Masterplan this year, but from the clips from Thunderstone, it looks like they'll be the next best thing.
Thanks for all the hard work Glenn, this year looks be one of the best all around I think (for me anyways).

Ascension said:
I guarantee...they'll be available. I bought a one day ticket for a friend last year for $25. Probably will be able to get 2 day ticket for $50 this year. They were easily attainable cheap last year...and that was a stronger lineup.
I see. So you're talking about people who bought tickets, couldn't go, and then sold them?

Zod

Great job Glenn - I look forward to seeing all of these bands (only seen 2 of them before, Evergrey & Nevermore) so a lot of new tunes and good times for me.

Have a beer on me for all the work you & your people have done putting this together.

Is that Ric Flair in your little pic thingy? LOL - very nice guy. My brother used to work with him a lot in the wcw/wwf - can't believe he's still out there throwing himself around like that. The way I felt after last years ProgPower was making me feel old and I wasn't taking half the bumps that he does LOL. To quote the Nature Boy on this year's lineup "WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

8 months and counting
manowarfan1/jeff

Great job Glenn! I don't think anybody expected Nevermore. I haven't commented on any of the bands announced so far, but this seems to be a great line-up. I'm not familiar with many of the bands again, but from listening to the samples and checking some of them online it seems this is going to be the heaviest PP yet. Which in my book is a good thing. I can't wait until September.

Nevermore has to play 'Battle Angels'! Love that song, I wonder if Warrel can hit those high notes still?

Seriously, some of us look forward to this all year long and we end up with this same band for the third time? While everyone is swinging from the promoters nutsack doesn't anyone this shows a complete lack of imagination? It's not like there's a shortage of power and prog metal bands out there to choose from. Evergrey? AGAIN?? And Nevermore is far too heavy for this festival. I can already see it now, 2/3rds of the place will empty out of the venue for them just like they did for Rage...and I LOVE Nevermore.

Horrible choices for headliners. Horrible.

metamorphosis said:
Yay great. A thousand great bands to choose from and we get Evergrey yet again. Very, very exciting. Wow, this is so disappointing.
I get where you're coming from, but here's where I disagree. First off, there aren't "a thousand great bands to choose from" when selecting a band to headline ProgPower. For starters, there simply aren't a 1,000 bands popular enough or deserving enough of that spot. That aside, there are so many factors that eliminate bands; cost, schedule, exclusivity, etc. While I'd agree that there isn't that excitement of seeing someone new, Evergrey is an excellent band, they're superb live, and to see them performing with a choir and a string quartet is something pretty special.

Zod