PP USA VII: Headliners confirmed

General Zod said:
Speaking as a huge Nevermore fan, I can understand why some people might not like Dane. His style is quite unique. That said, I think he's a fantastic vocalist. Just out of curiosity, have you ever heard the title track to "Dreaming Neon Black".

Zod

i'd probably know it if i heard it. i hear it's their best album/song. i usually am more familiar with a band's music after i see them live than i am after listening to the cd. ive heard 2 or 3 albums because of all the hype, and own dead heart in a dead world (for no apparent reason i guess). im not a picky person at all with my metal as long as it's true, which is why im so clueless as to why a band i hate so much has so much popularity. oh well. labyrinth > nevermore it's never going to happen. ever :(

BenMech said:
Good going for Evergrey. I actually have meant to see them. Nevermore too.

I thought NM was on your shitlist after they bailed on the JJ Kelley's gig?

They fired their manager a few years back. That is where the blame was at.

Glenn H.

Does Evergrey "recreating" the DVD mean they are playing it track for track or does it just simply mean they are playing with the string quartet and the choir and doing a mixture of new stuff and tracks already on the DVD ect.?

As much as I like Nevermore, I thought they were pretty much off the list after just having toured the U.S. I agree with your idea though - time to give them more! Gotta say.. I actually shed a tear when I saw it wasn't Gamma Ray.

MetalBry said:
Have not heard a whole lot of Nevermore's material, but will definitely give them a good listen before seeing them in Sept. Any albums that you recommend as a starting point Zod??
"Dead Heart in a Dead World" is probably their most accessible. The production is so clean on it, it can cut steel. After that, go with "This Godless Endeavor". It will probably take a few more listens to fully appreciate, but it's time worth investing.

Zod

General Zod said:
Speaking as a huge Nevermore fan, I can understand why some people might not like Dane. His style is quite unique. That said, I think he's a fantastic vocalist. Just out of curiosity, have you ever heard the title track to "Dreaming Neon Black".

Zod

I can understand why people dont like Dane, because he sings like a fucking man.

Not a castrated eunuch.

General Zod said:
Let me just say this, if you're not a Nevermore fan, give them at least a few minutes live. Having seen over 300 bands live, I can honestly say, no one outshines Nevermore when they bring their A game.

Zod
Wasn't a fan AT ALL, 'til I saw them live. Changed my tune. They are truly first string on stage. Though, I know where I'll be for their set and there won't be any mosh pit there. Good luck controlling this one!:Shedevil:
Already prepared. The entire security squad (including extra this year) will be placed on the floor once the show starts. That includes the big door guys as well.
Cool, those guys be BIG indeed!

Oh, one more thing - I have a lot of places that could use a handsome PPVII banner. Glenn, now that the line up is completely announced, when will this be available?

((I'm not trying to be pushy. I'm just excited!))

General Zod said:
"Dead Heart in a Dead World" is probably their most accessible. The production is so clean on it, it can cut steel. After that, go with "This Godless Endeavor". It will probably take a few more listens to fully appreciate, but it's time worth investing.

Zod

Great minds think alike. :headbang: