PPUSA X predictions

Many of these choices seem incredibly tame. They leave me with an overpowering urge to yawn. I'd like to see bands who haven't played PPUSA before, really off-the-wall choices, totally left field. Or more obscure bands that would be really nice to assemble under one roof for a weekend.

Like...

Opeth
Nevermore (even though Glenn said "Neveragain")
Black Majesty
Fates Warning
King Crimson
Primordial
Astral Doors
Wastefall
Uriah Heep
Vanishing Point
Poverty's No Crime
Darkwater
Within Temptation
Tarot
In This Moment
Kiuas
Alestorm
Evil Masquerade
Cloudscape
Candlemass
Solitude Aeternus

Maybe Glenn can use his influence and/or fanboydom to bring us Jimmy Buffet for a special surprise appearance!

I dunno. I'm in the mood to see some different bands for a change, rather than any repeat performers.

I'd like to see Septic Flesh at PPUSA next year. Not sure if they would fit or not, though.

I'm still wanting Bloodbath, hehe. With the musicians in that band, considering the bands they all come from, and with a new album being worked on, and with them really not being able to do a tour, a festival appearance would be perfect, but they would definately need to get Swano to play with them again for this appearance. They are progressive in my eyes, while staying old school, especially with their newest EP, and talk about melody while being brutal. I think they would actually fit in quite well, because I know most people are at least a fan of Opeth, Katatonia, or Swano. I would also take a Diabolical Masqeurade appearance as well, or an Edge of Sanity set with full Crimson and Crimson II. Gotta love Blakkheim, such a diverse discography.

While we're basically dreaming.....

Green Carnation, required to play all of Light of Day, Day of Darkness
Ayreon...hell, give Arjen two slots and tell him he'd better play all of Electric Castle or Human Equation...or both :heh:
Therion
Orphaned Land
Superior (now we can call it a reunion show :( )
Opeth and Ozric Tentacles (so Mikael A. can finally see Ozrics live :lol: )

I would hope that PPUSA X would be a special one because it's the tenth anniversary, of one of the more successful metal festivals in the US.

What I'd like to see...

• A ''best of" weekend, where the most popular bands play the weekend.
  • some kind of nod to Keith Menser's Powermad festivals, this is where Glenn got the impetus to start PPUSA
  • lots of special events, cause it is the 10th anniversary

just my $.02

How can anyone say Iced Earth's not happy :Smug:?? I just listened to these lyrics on the way into work this morning:

"Life's a bitch,
Life's a whore...
Nothing less,
Nothing more...."

I'm gonna have to quit listening to IE in the mornings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chris :headbang:

Ya, all I can do is post a dream thread. I don't follow the band lineup changes and touring statuses close enough to know whether my list is even a possibility (at Progpower or anywhere else), but here's who I'd just love to see live. The only one I've seen so far is Primal Fear (last year was my first PP).

Battleroar
Brainstorm
Circus Maximus
Cloudscape
Falconer
Galloglass
Galneryus
Hammerfall
Heimdall
Lion's Share (I have no desire to hear Astral Doors)
Primal Fear
Silent Force
Tyr

Ya, all I can do is post a dream thread. I don't follow the band lineup changes and touring statuses close enough to know whether my list is even a possibility (at Progpower or anywhere else), but here's who I'd just love to see live. The only one I've seen so far is Primal Fear (last year was my first PP).

Battleroar
Brainstorm
Circus Maximus
Cloudscape
Falconer
Galloglass
Galneryus
Hammerfall
Heimdall
Lion's Share (I have no desire to hear Astral Doors)
Primal Fear
Silent Force
Tyr
This lineup would work for me!:headbang:

Predictions or desires? No slots or days, goes for the pre-show and PPX itself

Sabaton
Astral Doors
Tarot
Manigance
Ayreon
Avantasia
Primal Fear
Blackmore's Night
The Flower Kings
Falconer
Viron
Dream Theater
Aska
Darkwater
Andre Matos

i am sure Glenn has something special planned for PPX but here are some of the bands i would like to see who have not played in awhile.

Symphony X
NightWish
Tarot
Brainstorm
Evergrey
Silent Force
Kamelot

Bring Viggo back in some shape or form. Love this guy's guitar playing.

Thanks,
Brand

While we're basically dreaming.....

Ayreon...hell, give Arjen two slots and tell him he'd better play all of Electric Castle or Human Equation...or both :heh:

+1!!! :headbang::Smokin::headbang:
My #1 band pick of an artist that hasn't played PPUSA yet. Obviously he has some many different musicians on this rock operas that makes touring difficult, but he could just reunite the Star One/Live On Earth lineup, they could cover just about every base that way.

Opeth and Ozric Tentacles (so Mikael A. can finally see Ozrics live :lol: )

+1 for both! Now that would be cool.:headbang::kickass::headbang: