Practice Time 06 - ALL THAT REMAINS - This calling

When it's about programmed drums I already have the templates set up, and I basically have to adjust the settings for the song. If it was real drums it would be a different story... ;)
Thanks for the kind words ;)

Hehehe i could imagine (dat phase problems with micing hehe)
What did you use here for drums VST only, some triggered samples? Really cool sound

Kick: Trigger (LSD Alestorm kick mainly, LSD Raw kick, SSD Kick 10 downtuned for lowend)
Snare: Trigger (SSD Snare 15 mainly; some Snare 8 and 22)
Snare room: Trigger (SSD Snare 18), Superior Drummer 2 (Avatar, Singerland 70's)
Toms: Superior Drummer 2 (Avatar)
Cymbals: Superior Drummer 2 (The Metal Foundry)

It's a little mess to explain, but it makes sense in the DAW ;)

Too much incomplete Indecizo, its not a matter of competition or fast release :)

at least how does it sound sonically so far? I haven't been on the mix game for quite a while, and my room is far from ideal so I can't tell if there's too much bass, too much echo etc, just for consideration...I'll try finishing it tonight when I get home

at least how does it sound sonically so far? I haven't been on the mix game for quite a while, and my room is far from ideal so I can't tell if there's too much bass, too much echo etc, just for consideration...I'll try finishing it tonight when I get home

Volumes are pretty ballanced, snare is a little hight.
And you can give more presence to the bass. Finish it tonight and use that vocals and guitar solo :kickass:

Cheers

Here's my quick try! Crits and comments encouraged as I think this is one of my best mixes yet!

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's a newer mastered mix that I did with a different guitar tone than my first mix.

Last edited by a moderator: