Practice Time 06 - ALL THAT REMAINS - This calling

Would really like some feedback on this :D:headbang:

Hi!
I was listening to your mix, IMO Hi hat and snare sounds too loud.
The clean vocals sounds very good
Guitars are too much hidden in the mix try to give them more pressence.
Bass is ok but will sound better with all this stuff fixed for sure :headbang:

Last edited by a moderator:
It's the most atrocious thing ever when you hear it solo'd
Basically I used 3 tracks:

Main track: Just the vocals, processed like any other vocal track
Shifted track: I took the main track, split notes and shifted them with Reaper's built-in function (without even correcting formants) until they made a 4th/5th interval, to blend with the backing vocals (3rd), making a fuller-sounding 3 note chord. Then I pitch shifted everything with Reapitch one octave up and one octave down (+/-9 semitones formant correction, standard algorythm, -9dB blended with original)
Backing track: Pitch shifted the provided backing track just like the shifted track, but without altering the notes.

Finally used waves Doubler2Stereo to pan to the sides both backing tracks, leaving the main track in dead center.

Here's the rendered tracks separately for the chorus section:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/425433/Mixes/vocals atr.zip

That's something I use a lot in other productions, pitch shift and double, to create the illusion of separation and choir-like chrouses.

EDIT: Levels are wrong as you might probably notice when you open the files, they should be much lower, but I forgot the master buss on when rendering, so every track was individually maximized...

It's the most atrocious thing ever when you hear it solo'd
Basically I used 3 tracks:

Main track: Just the vocals, processed like any other vocal track
Shifted track: I took the main track, split notes and shifted them with Reaper's built-in function (without even correcting formants) until they made a 4th/5th interval, to blend with the backing vocals (3rd), making a fuller-sounding 3 note chord. Then I pitch shifted everything with Reapitch one octave up and one octave down (+/-9 semitones formant correction, standard algorythm, -9dB blended with original)
Backing track: Pitch shifted the provided backing track just like the shifted track, but without altering the notes.

Finally used waves Doubler2Stereo to pan to the sides both backing tracks, leaving the main track in dead center.

Here's the rendered tracks separately for the chorus section:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/425433/Mixes/vocals atr.zip

That's something I use a lot in other productions, pitch shift and double, to create the illusion of separation and choir-like chrouses.

EDIT: Levels are wrong as you might probably notice when you open the files, they should be much lower, but I forgot the master buss on when rendering, so every track was individually maximized...

:OMG:

You Knock me out Erik, i think we must talk about the mixing of our EP after this .... ;)

Amazing dude

Had time today for another run at this.
Used the Triple recto this time since it was set up and miced for an album I am tracking.
Zoom MS-60B sansamp emulation on the bass.
I also used isa828 for left and api for right on the guitars to get some width.
https://copy.com/oXt6b8bwFzV8rT63

Hi, Icem4n!
Thank you very much for continuing making this stuff!

Here's my try on these sources:

Nuno Filipe, clean and bright sounding!
Liked your mix much. Agree that it would be better to add some humanization to the drums.

What's about vox processing here?

Thanks Nikolas. Lately I´ve been tweaking more clear and bright mixes so when comes the voice to mix it´s very very easy, because the clean singing benefits a lot from brightness.

The vocal processing has the minimal, the agressive voice has compression, some eq, cuts at 200hz and a boost at 4700khz and the usual combo of delay/reverb.

The clean voice doesnt have any compression because the tracks are already quite compressed, just a cut at 200hz 1db and a boost at 5600khz 2db. Just eq and then sent to a reverb, pod farm reverb and delay, echoboy.

As usual: killer DI's Icem4n! Your tracks really helped me improve my vocal mixes!

Icem4n, which band do you cover this time? :)

imgalter%20bridge2.jpg

:D

I'm late? I leave my contribution. Hope you like it. bass lovers
:Smokedev: