Predictions On New Album?

jorgemog

Berserker
Jul 7, 2002
Mexico
Visit site
HAS ANYONE OF YOU THOUGHT OF THE POSSIBILITY THAT COB WILL PROBABLY RELEASE A PIECE OF SHIT ALBUM? I AM SAYING THIS BECAUSE I USED TO ADMIRE IN FLAMES FOR THEIR MUSIC. NOW, IVE DOWNLOADED THE NEW ALBUM AND I WAS TRULY DISAPPOINTED.
I AM A BIG COB FAN (IVE SEEN THEM LIVE, IVE GOT THEIR CDS, IVE EVEN SPOKEN TO ALEXI AND HE SIGNED MY TOKYO WARHEARTS), BUT I AM AFRAID OF BEING DISAPPOINTED. I TRULY BELIEVE IN COB'S ABILITIES AS MUSICIANS, BUT HAS ANYONE THOUGHT THAT THEIR NEWLY ACQUIRED FAME MIGHT TURN THEM INTO PUSSIES?

DONT FLAME ME OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT, I AM NOT SAYING THAT COB SUCK, COB RULE!!!!!

Considering that all 3 of CoB's albums to date are nearly identical, I don't think you have anything to worry about. As if Alexi would write an album that didn't feature his (becoming) famous guitarwork.

Whereas In Flames music (and Dark Tranquillity's, and Soilwork's, etc) changed from album to album as they grew or whatever.

I seriously predict more "Everytime I Die" songs, a much heavier sound, maybe a slight departure from the speed metal feel of prior CoB records.

But as markgugs said, they dont change to erractically from album to album, so prolly no worries.

Hey, markgugs, are you a Dawn of Dreams fan?

Do you know anything new about them? What are they doing? Are they recording an album? anything?

thanx

Originally posted by loWildChild
What band did you listen?

Gee, I don't know. The album says Children of Bodom Follow the Reaper, and there's a picture of a grim reaper in a graveyard with one of those curved sharp thingies, so I guess that's who it is. :confused:

Something Wild is not the same style than Hatebreeder, and Hatebreeder is not the same style to Follow The Reaper, at last....

Riiiiiiiiiiiigggggggghhhhhhhttt. They're very different, my mistake.

Originally posted by jorgemog
Hey, markgugs, are you a Dawn of Dreams fan?

Do you know anything new about them? What are they doing? Are they recording an album? anything?

thanx

I am, what gave it away? :D I wish I knew what they were doing. They have this 1 album and nothing more that I know of, except maybe an EP, but I'm not sure. I can't find anything about them on the web, but "Darklight..." kicks ASS, doesn't it?! :headbang:

I haven't hear the new song "Needles 24/7" but I want to believe that CoB will give us an other piece of art. All of them are great musicians and they are forced with tones of talent to make us happy for once more.
CHILDREN OF BODOM RULES!!!
HAIL! HAIL! HAIL!
:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Haha :)
You know, the CoB albums are similar in one way... and not similar in another ;)
What I mean is that every CoB song has this remarkable "CoB-Style" that one can't mistake for another band unless you're deaf. It's the same with the new single and with the album as well. (I prophesy it! :p)
Neeles 24/7 doesn't sound like the older stuff, it was more keyboard emphasized and sounded more gothic-like, but at the same time it was unmistakably CoB-Style and incredibly asskicking :cool:

I hope I made myself clear here :)

Originally posted by DeadWinterDead
Well, they're all similar, because they all have the same musicians on all of them... :p

Most of the albums put out by the same band will be similar. You do know that, right?

I do realize you're attempt at humor/sarcasm here, but it's really not the case. Have you ever listened to Dark Tranquillity? Or even In Flames? I'm using well-known examples to demonstrate my point. Yes, their albums are pretty much unmistakeably DT or IF, but they're all different. Bands that put out the same album time after time again grow boring quickly. Now, I'm not saying CoB has done this, so don't get all in uproars, but you know what I mean. I think.

I've heard people saying the songs on FtR sounded all the same, but you're the first to claim that all their albums sound the same. Really, I don't know what you're talking about... Maybe you should listen to them again because they REALLY sound differently. I think. :p

Originally posted by Northern Viking
I've heard people saying the songs on FtR sounded all the same, but you're the first to claim that all their albums sound the same. Really, I don't know what you're talking about... Maybe you should listen to them again because they REALLY sound differently. I think. :p

Actually, you're wrong. But you already know that, so I'll leave it alone. For now.

Are all 3 albums IDENTICAL? No. Did I say they were? No. Compared to other bands, CoB's 3 albums are remarkably similar to each other. Period. I also didn't say this was a bad thing. I'm personally in favor of not fucking with a winning formula (i.e. Metallica's first 4 albums). But you can't seem to understand this, so bully for you.