Primordial - To the Nameless Dead [official thread, wit

I also wish the vocals at the beginning of Heathen Tribes weren't so shaky and sing-songy, the rest of the track is great aside from the beginning.

yeah, it's really only the first verse where he's a little off key [emotional], otherwise it's possibly my favorite track on the album. I like the way the kick drums keep the entire track bouyant, hammering away in harmony with those sweeping riffs on the ol' acoustic.

LOL.

Yes the drumming's awesome. One of the few OTHER bands that I absolutely love the drumming in. Obviously totally different style though heh.

the drumming is a standout, however it can get a bit repetitive on some tracks with the "tribal" type rythms

FINALLY ARRIVED!

Beautiful digi-book -- almost feels leatherbound. The layout, pictures, reference notes...even without the bonus CD, they've gone the extra mile for this.

One odd thing though -- where Nemtheanga is so articulate for each song passage and explanation, the opening liner notes on "The Nameless Dead" obviously weren't proof read at all.

And Unhinged actually took the pictures of the statue. Cool.

both + the promo + the bits where used on the lp version
none of which I've even seen yet

the special is now sold out from metal blade
I think you'll need to find it at a distro

interesting/uninteresting trivia concerning the statue photo
I went through stacks of statues from all over europe
including pics that al had taken in former eastern europe etc (some elements of which made it into the drawing on the special cover..the torch etc)
but I ended up using a statue on a war memorial in the park where I walk my dog
....much better anyway since I could get the angles I wanted
I made about 6 versions
one of which (not my favorite) made the cover
I prefer the straighter version without the buildings on the promo cover too

should have my copies soon
got a shirt from mb this moring which they altered my design....to suit thier market
hopefully the band will get the other designs I did made up

Excellent review. You get a good sense of what this band & album is about when reading something as motivated as that, although....

"Much like Dark Tranquillity, they display a level of fluid mastery that is only achievable by veterans with intimate knowledge of their bandmates"

....is a little redundant. That line kinda came out of nowhere. :erk:

Top 3 of 2007 for sure. I also agree on the production score, it could not be better.