Primordial - To the Nameless Dead [official thread, wit

it always surprises me when frontmen like A.A. are so softspoken and reserved in interviews/in person/whatever

really good stuff, i need to watch the 2nd half of that (had to go to work so i cut it short)

Ridiculously awesome album. All the songs are incredible... can't say which is my favorite but "As Rome Burns" is owning me right now. Also, the ending to Heathen Tribes is ridiculously heavy in that awesome pagan/celtic way.

Am I the only one bothered somewhat by AJE's production? Don't get me wrong, songs like Autumn's Ablaze are incredible but I feel it could be even better if they re-recorded/produced it.

LOL.

Yes the drumming's awesome. One of the few OTHER bands that I absolutely love the drumming in. Obviously totally different style though heh.

Yeah the drumming on all Primordial albums is the closest a drumming sound and style can get from a herd of oxes plowing the earth on a cold grey morning, or something like that :)

The limited edition has just one flaw. The paper/cardboard sleeves that you slide the cds into have already started scratching my cds. When will record companies realize that this kind of packaging ruins the cds? I am gonna get a 2-cd jewel case to store the cds in.

The limited edition has just one flaw. The paper/cardboard sleeves that you slide the cds into have already started scratching my cds. When will record companies realize that this kind of packaging ruins the cds? I am gonna get a 2-cd jewel case to store the cds in.

I need to do an inventory of all the fucked up jewel cases in my collection. I'm estimating there's atleast a 100 with cracks and missing teeth.

I need to do an inventory of all the fucked up jewel cases in my collection. I'm estimating there's atleast a 100 with cracks and missing teeth.
Not where she came upon them, but my mother of all people, gave me a box of 1,000 clear jewel cases. Whenever I get a new CD, if the case is scratched, cracked, hinge is broken, or one of the the teeth is missing in that little circle that holds the CD, I just swap it out.

Zod

So after listening to the first five albums I can surely say that Storm After Calm is my absolute least favorite out of their catalog while Journey's End reigns supreme.

Now, to move onto this Nameless Dead album