Problem with Porcelain Heart

you obviously not a big fan of Opeth, Watershed is nothing compared to old albums such as My arms, Your herse and orchid, Blackwater Park. and porcelain heart is just a song that you listen to it twice and get bored after. but if you listen to their old song you will never get bored.

Fuck you. I'm obviously more in tune with the band than you are.

The only problem is that the main riff is too repetitive, no need to complicate it further.

Clean vocal parts were OK I think, it has a certain vibe to it, makes you feel lonely.

ohh the little boy got angry. ok you are more fan than i am. whatever noob.

I am a man. You are a boy ghost.

If I like the newer stuff better does that mean I not as much of a fan as you? The band obviously like their latest stuff the best or they would have stayed with the older sounds.

I rarely listen to Porcelain Heart and Hex Omega. Neither are good songs. The Grand Conjuration was a good song, except for the one riff similar to PH, (and was also played too long there).

Heir Apparent, Coil, Hessian Peel, The Lotus Eater, Burden are awesome songs.

I personally quite liked PH, true, it is repetitive and un-opethy but isn't their whole album? Watershed sounds completely different to all their other albums I think.

You DO NOT have to like <insert any Opeth album here> .

You have the right to dislike any of them. Stop bashing people for that like saying "Fuck you" or something. Being a fan and a fan-boy are different things.

You DO NOT have to like <insert any Opeth album here> .

You have the right to dislike any of them. Stop bashing people for that like saying "Fuck you" or something. Being a fan and a fan-boy are different things.

I'm with you on that. But calling someone a lesser fan because they like the newer stuff is just stupid.

you obviously not a big fan of Opeth, Watershed is nothing compared to old albums such as My arms, Your herse and orchid, Blackwater Park. and porcelain heart is just a song that you listen to it twice and get bored after. but if you listen to their old song you will never get bored.

Fuck you. I'm obviously more in tune with the band than you are.

I actually got a little bit offended for you on this one.

I seriously enjoy the accoustic part... and the opening riff, and also the "ah ah ahhhhh" part is fine. It's not suppose to be a hardcore song that never stops. It's a song that takes its time, as the whole Watershed does, I guess. I do agree that it isn't one of their finest song, with not so great riffs and arrangements, but it's an OK song, and I think that kind of songs are somewhat necessery. I listen to so much Opeth and this is the kind of song I could be skipping, but at a certain point, I just get tired of OMFG kick-ass songs because I listen to them too much, and then I try out songs like Porcelain Heart (I could name more) and really, really enjoy them. I hope you understand what I mean, I'm not sure I do.

I don't have any complaints about Porcelain Heart. Or Watershed as a whole. It is what it is. Opeth has a large body of work now, and if you have a problem with an individual track...don't listen to it.

To me, Watershed is the least repetitive album of them all.

Morningrise is far less "repetitive." You rarely hear a riff twice (two places in the progression) in a song.

Repetition is not always a bad thing either. It's not the repetition in PH that annoys me. It's just the riff itself.