PROGPOWER SCANDINAVIA 2009 - CANCELLED !!!!

Thank you so very much all of you for the support and the kind words.

As you all can guess, it's not been a good day for us - we've worked so hard on making PP SCAN a reality, and after 2 pretty successful years we thought that moving it to a larger venue, booking some high profile bands and expanding on the whole concept (by booking not only power and prog metal bands, but also booking "regular" metal bands) would make it even bigger/better/more successful. Well, guess we were wrong. It's a pretty bad feeling we're sitting with now, and it of course doesn't feel good watching time and money go down the drain :(

But, we'll be back with our initiatives in the future, and hopefully we can get the support from you all to make it work out.

Thanks again!!!!
Claus

That's terrible news. It's very hard to say something that hasn't been said five times in this thread, so all I can do is say that I'm sorry for you to have had to go through this. I can't imagine putting all the effort into a festival like this (with such an awesome lineup), and then having to cancel it after putting such hard work in. That sucks, man. I'm sure you'll be able to bring it back soon enough, though, and make it work with a better lineup than ever! :)

Thank you so very much all of you for the support and the kind words.

As you all can guess, it's not been a good day for us - we've worked so hard on making PP SCAN a reality, and after 2 pretty successful years we thought that moving it to a larger venue, booking some high profile bands and expanding on the whole concept (by booking not only power and prog metal bands, but also booking "regular" metal bands) would make it even bigger/better/more successful. Well, guess we were wrong. It's a pretty bad feeling we're sitting with now, and it of course doesn't feel good watching time and money go down the drain :(

But, we'll be back with our initiatives in the future, and hopefully we can get the support from you all to make it work out.

Thanks again!!!!
Claus

I wouldn't necessarily start second-guessing your decisions on the direction you decided to take the festival... The economy has altered the course of many peoples lives/livelihood and so I would place the blame on that rather than the man in the mirror. I'm sorry this has happened, but I'm sure PP Scan and its supporters will be back in full force next year or whenever the economic situation stabilizes. Keep the faith, Claus!

Wow! That totally sucks Claus! :-( Sorry to hear that things turned out this way. Of all the areas in the world for a festival of this type to do poorly, I did not expect it in Scandinavia. Best wishes! I hope it works out better next year.

Damn, that's a tough post to read. :(

Kudos to you and the PPScana crew for recognizing the financial danger early, pulling the plug -- even though it hurts so much to do so -- and being able to refund all the ticket money, etc.
If a festival HAS to be cancelled, then you've done it the right way.

I don't get it, man. PPScan had what I considered the most solid lineup of any fest this size all year. I was desperately trying to figure out how I could make it there but in the end I couldn't.

What the hell is up with weak ticket sales on a fest that good? I understand that the situation was probably the same as mine for a lot of people but jeebus.

Damned shame. :(

I don't get it, man. PPScan had what I considered the most solid lineup of any fest this size all year. I was desperately trying to figure out how I could make it there but in the end I couldn't.

What the hell is up with weak ticket sales on a fest that good? I understand that the situation was probably the same as mine for a lot of people but jeebus.

Damned shame. :(

Although the line up was extremely good, one has to remember that the European festival market is totally and utterly saturated at the moment... When I was growing up we could go to Roskilde, Donington and Reading Rock. That was it! Now I think there are 7 metal festivals just in Sweden. With finances tight all over the world...

In other words... I'm not overly surprised PP Scan had a hard time selling tickets this year. There is just too much good music to see and not enough money to go around.
I'm sure Claus will come back and have another well attended fest in a year or two.

Agreed - there are too many festivals. However, we believed that by placing the festival on a date outside the normal festival summer run, we'd be able to attract the fans....hmmmmm, apparently not.

Sucks, but nothing to do about it....

Now it's time for all you guys to get your friends/family to buy those last few tickets for the PP USA and PP Holland, so we can keep this cool concept going......

Lars/Intromental

Agreed - there are too many festivals. However, we believed that by placing the festival on a date outside the normal festival summer run, we'd be able to attract the fans....hmmmmm, apparently not.

Now it's time for all you guys to get your friends/family to buy those last few tickets for the PP USA and PP Holland, so we can keep this cool concept going......

Lars/Intromental

there's a PP Holland too???? :loco:

The sad part is this is like the fourth or fifth festival that hosts on UM that has crashed in recent years. Madfest, Heathen Crusade, BARFest, SoWeGa, and now PP Scan. While the former, with the exception of Heathen, are cooked, PPScan will probably bounce back next year.

Lars/Intromental

But, how many festivals are dedicated to Power and Progressive metal? But, I agree that Dream Theater's scheduling probably was the straw that broke the camels' back with this fest.