ProgPower V - Which Bands Do You want to See Most?

Oakenson said:
Wow! Someone actually agrees with me on this matter! I don't know why girls like that are idolized in America today. I mean, just take a look at General Zod's comment stating "You say "slutty" like it's a bad thing." It is because of males that make comments like these that males like myself have a lot of trouble getting close to girls since, the ones I know, feel that we are out to get them. Slutty girls are a joke and I would never date or go out with one. To me there is a lot more than a pretty face and a nice, social flirt that a girl like the one shown puts on. I look for depth and character, something that a girl like that obviously lacks.
Now you just can't say that just because she looks like that, that she ain't deep or that she doesn't have any character, there's a chance that what you are saying is true but then you are doing the same thing to her that all the girls are doing to you, that's what mankind do best, prejudge, so deal with it.

Oakenson said:
Wow! Someone actually agrees with me on this matter! I don't know why girls like that are idolized in America today. I mean, just take a look at General Zod's comment stating "You say "slutty" like it's a bad thing." It is because of males that make comments like these that males like myself have a lot of trouble getting close to girls since, the ones I know, feel that we are out to get them. Slutty girls are a joke and I would never date or go out with one. To me there is a lot more than a pretty face and a nice, social flirt that a girl like the one shown puts on. I look for depth and character, something that a girl like that obviously lacks.
LMFAO at this tripe.

Grow some balls and be a man for crying out loud.

Oakenson said:

Who agreed with you?

Oakenson said:
Hmmm..... I thought she was reasonably hot looking. I have more of an "Asian persuasion" so she wasn't "ideal" in my book, but why a big fuss over this ? She did her job reasonably well and the guys liked the way she looked. What's wrong with that ? Normal men are "designed" that way genetically. I seriously doubt anyone from PP IV went out and bought an engagement ring for her. There is nothing "shallow" about being physically attracted to someone of the opposite sex. Harmones make that a pretty "normal" thing.
As far as depth and character, how do you know she does not posess those qualities ? I personally didn't have a philosophical conversation with her, so I won't judge her personal qualities by her outward appearance. I think you should be careful about judging a "book by it's cover."
I'm not jumping on your case as I feel like your heart is in the right place, because of some of the things you said, but the fact that you pretty much agreed with the opinions of some of the other posters that this particular individual is a "slutty girl." I know what the term means and there is no proof that she is like that.
Stereotyping is a necessary evil in some situations, much like "assuming" but she could be a really nice girl with a husband who flirts with her customers to help bring in more tip money for the family. I am not saying that is the case, but you never know. It's something to think about though....

Bryant

Bryant said:
Hmmm..... I thought she was reasonably hot looking. I have more of an "Asian persuasion" so she wasn't "ideal" in my book, but why a big fuss over this ? She did her job reasonably well and the guys liked the way she looked. What's wrong with that ? Normal men are "designed" that way genetically. I seriously doubt anyone from PP IV went out and bought an engagement ring for her. There is nothing "shallow" about being physically attracted to someone of the opposite sex. Harmones make that a pretty "normal" thing.
As far as depth and character, how do you know she does not posess those qualities ? I personally didn't have a philosophical conversation with her, so I won't judge her personal qualities by her outward appearance. I think you should be careful about judging a "book by it's cover."
I'm not jumping on your case as I feel like your heart is in the right place, because of some of the things you said, but the fact that you pretty much agreed with the opinions of some of the other posters that this particular individual is a "slutty girl." I know what the term means and there is no proof that she is like that.
Stereotyping is a necessary evil in some situations, much like "assuming" but she could be a really nice girl with a husband who flirts with her customers to help bring in more tip money for the family. I am not saying that is the case, but you never know. It's something to think about though....

Bryant
Very well put Bryant!!!

Yes, I was too quick and made too many judgements on her, my fault there. All the same, I just found out that ProgPower is an absolute no-go this year so it doesn't really matter :(

Oakenson said:
Yes, I was too quick and made too many judgements on her, my fault there. All the same, I just found out that ProgPower is an absolute no-go this year so it doesn't really matter :(

Oh that sucks dude. : / Maybe next year when Glenn brings Vanden Plas back again. >:p~

Bryant

nightwish58 said:
Very well put Bryant!!!
Thanks. Sometimes I find the right combination of beer and insomnia and it makes people think I actually have a little bit of intelligence. I'm not really a smart guy, I just play one on the internet. I am sure it will wear off before too long and I will be back in the mosh thread calling people sissies again. :loco:

I have no idea why I said that, but I guess I either have a lack of tact or are gifted with spontaneity...... depending on one's viewpoint of me I suppose. o_O

Bryant

Pain of Salvation (gee, really?)
Into Eternity
and....hm..........(tough call for a sole #3)
Adagio

--but Brainstorm, Edguy and a few others are sure to be great as well. It's a great overall bill.

Kamelot
Savatage
Tad Marose

This is the type of line-up I'm talking about, though I must say all the band rock!

This was not easy, but:

Edguy
Tad Morose
Savatage (these guys are only in the 3rd spot because I've seen them so many times and have never seen the other 2)

Steph :headbang:

AMBR said:
I don't know Bryant, you seemed pretty intelligent in person at PP4. You sure know your music!

As for the topic, currently Edguy is winning the poll.
http://www.beyondearcandy.com/home.htm
No, POS or Brainstorm fans want to come and vote?

Anne Marie !! Cool to see you. Haven't seen you at the VP MB. : / It's dead over there. : ( I guess you will be going to this year's PPV or you wouldn't be here huh ? Cool !!

Bryant

1. Pain of Salvation (Well worth the 100 bux I spent on the ticket, by it's self)
2. Savatage.

Not familiar with any of the other bands.

Donna