Programmed Drums for People Who Hate Programmed Drums

if you write it in the style of a 1950s horror comic book, I'll be even more apt to buy it. just sayin'. I think I'm onto something here. Call Marvel.

dude wtf

that is not what i said at all

if someone (anyone) asks someone (anyone) a question (any question)
and that someone (anyone) gives the other someone (anyone) the answer, then obviously the answer was free

if someone (anyone) asks someone (anyone) a question (any question) and that someone (anyone) requires payment for the answer, then obviously that answer was not free

that is what i said, in my post

furthermore, if you go out and seek knowledge, you can gain it in different ways

1. go to a library, sit there for hours and read books for free
2. go online, search for the information, for free
3. buy a book

SHUT THE FUCK UP lol

once again, let me clarify this again...

You Spend Money When You Seek Knowledge Unless You Find A Free Source For That Knowledge...

Do any of you people make money or have jobs? You'd think you could barely feed your mouths with how you reacted to me wanting to charge $19.95 for a book that teaches you money making skills.

Dude, I could care less if you write a book. Go for it. If there's valuable information in there I might even buy it. Especially if it's $19.95. But for that sell price I think you'd need to "throw in a 2nd book absolutely free, just pay additional shipping and handling, it's your way of saying thanks" Billy Mays Style. Maybe you could get Sham Wow dude to sell that shit.

I was commenting on your statement. Which was:

"If I just wanted to help people I'd write a blog"

Which to me (and others) seemed kinda like a fucked up thing to say considering the fact that when you ask for help on here, people line up like it's beatlemania. It's kind of pathetic sometimes honestly. I don't dislike you and not trying to bash you, but I don't know you, so I'm not gonna kiss ass for the sake of kissing ass, so I just called it like I saw it.

Dude, I could care less if you write a book. Go for it. If there's valuable information in there I might even buy it. Especially if it's $19.95. But for that sell price I think you'd need to "throw in a 2nd book absolutely free, just pay additional shipping and handling, it's your way of saying thanks" Billy Mays Style. Maybe you could get Sham Wow dude to sell that shit.

Which to me (and others) seemed kinda like a fucked up thing to say considering the fact that when you ask for help on here, people line up like it's beatlemania. It's kind of pathetic sometimes honestly. I don't dislike you and not trying to bash you, but I don't know you, so I'm not gonna kiss ass for the sake of kissing ass, so I just called it like I saw it.

My MAN!
denzel_intro.jpg

Philly smackdown

You are talking sense man, this is the truth :D

This is getting to where it's going to be out of hand pretty soon... Joey, I hope the book comes to fruition, I know I would gladly purchase a copy. I'd say forget about this thread, write the book, and just let us know when it's ready.

Holy crap this threads got... yeah!

For real though, if people come on here asking "how do i do all this stuff in pro tools?" then if someone said "Hey, how do i do this in cubase?" and you started saying "Well, you have to pay for that info, i may 100k a year therefore pay me for my knowledge" thats weak man!

If it were cheap and awesome, id buy it, but if your gonna do something like that, where you make people pay for what theyve given you for free, ill go against my morals and ill pirate it, just to even the odds!

Haven't read the thread in great detail, so this may have been mentioned, but surely people realize there's a difference between a bunch of random, disorganized tips on using Pro Tools/Cubase/whatever vs. an in-depth, compiled guide? (and thus why it maybe isn't such a grave cockslap for someone to want to charge for the latter)

I dunno, I see it pretty clearly. This isn't a few posts on a forum with the basic summary of what to do. This will be a book. A book. What is so hard to understand about that if Joey writes a WHOLE FUCKING BOOK on the subject he is entitled to ask for compensation - these will be his bag of tricks laid out for the purchasers to use to their advantage and possibly take them to the next level they want/need to be at to further themselves. I find it really amusing, Joey wants to write a book about something he feels is worth writing about and charging money for, the forum goes apeshit and says how "wrong" it is... really all it looks like though is people whining like bitches because they don't want to pay for it, if I can be perfectly honest. Oh boy, but I bet if Mr. Andy Sneap wrote a book about whatever everyone would be on board with that!

6a00cdf39e9024cb8f00cd9787e353f9cc-500pi
000b56c9_medium.jpg
633228328796857688.jpg

OH MY GOD IT'S JUST SO WRONG!!!! These guys are fucking ASSHOLES! :rolleyes:

I just really think the whining about it has gone too far and people are exaggerating the situation way too fucking much. Get over it. He can write a book and charge for it if he damn well pleases. If you don't like it or disagree with the idea, too fucking bad. All you need to do is not buy the god damn book. Stop cluttering up the thread for people that are interested in it. He asked if anyone would be interested, I don't believe he asked people to bitch and moan or asked what absurd arguments people could come up with as to WHY or WHY NOT to do it. :Smug:

If Joey writes a book I vow to unlearn how to read as protest.

If Joey cures cancer I will get cancer on purpose and refuse to take the cure.

If Joey were to send a super hot chick to my door step I would instantly become gay and move in with a Pilates instructor in San Francisco.

If Joey were to send a super hot chick to my door step I would instantly become gay and move in with a Pilates instructor in San Francisco.

:lol::lol::lol:

I dunno, I see it pretty clearly. This isn't a few posts on a forum with the basic summary of what to do. This will be a book. A book. What is so hard to understand about that if Joey writes a WHOLE FUCKING BOOK on the subject he is entitled to ask for compensation - these will be his bag of tricks laid out for the purchasers to use to their advantage and possibly take them to the next level they want/need to be at to further themselves. I find it really amusing, Joey wants to write a book about something he feels is worth writing about and charging money for, the forum goes apeshit and says how "wrong" it is... really all it looks like though is people whining like bitches because they don't want to pay for it, if I can be perfectly honest. Oh boy, but I bet if Mr. Andy Sneap wrote a book about whatever everyone would be on board with that!

6a00cdf39e9024cb8f00cd9787e353f9cc-500pi
000b56c9_medium.jpg
633228328796857688.jpg

OH MY GOD IT'S JUST SO WRONG!!!! These guys are fucking ASSHOLES! :rolleyes:

I just really think the whining about it has gone too far and people are exaggerating the situation way too fucking much. Get over it. He can write a book and charge for it if he damn well pleases. If you don't like it or disagree with the idea, too fucking bad. All you need to do is not buy the god damn book. Stop cluttering up the thread for people that are interested in it. He asked if anyone would be interested, I don't believe he asked people to bitch and moan or asked what absurd arguments people could come up with as to WHY or WHY NOT to do it. :Smug:

you know what? You're right ... I agree with most of what you said. For my opinion, I just find it a little uneven but that can be debated to no end and honestly, it doesn't effect Joey or myself for that matter cause I have no interest in such a book. However where I will disagree with you is on one point you made about Sneap writing a book ... HE hasn't started multiple threads about how to use his software or to achieve end results for anything. So yeah, if Sneap wrote a book, I WOULD buy it.

I just look at it as this. One of the best threads on here is the "collective questions for Mr.Sneap". Andy put a lot of his time into answering in no small details a LOT of people's questions. Compensation = $0

Joey is a great engineer. I'm willing to bet a good portion of that is due to many things he learned here ... free. Not saying he should charge or not charge if he intends to write a book about whatever. Just saying it seems a little off to me that one of his 1st thoughts is to see how many people here want to buy one from him.

:lol: This thread has officially peaked. It's over people.

Oh boy, but I bet if Mr. Andy Sneap wrote a book about whatever everyone would be on board with that!

Thats the kicker right there. Sneap actually records real shit and knows how to record a REAL amp, real drumkits, etc. so why wouldn't ANY of us want a book that Sneap wrote? Putting someone who doesn't even use real amps and programs drums in the same boat as Sneap is a longshot by far, which is why I think most people here can't take these attempts at a business venture seriously.

Sigh, the point has been missed. Forget it....

Hope to see the book soon Joey!

Exactly everyone hates against his shit just to hate it seems like ..Really what is , is just plain JEALOUSY...And if you were all smart you would shut up , listen, and read.