Psychologists are evil

Hitori said:
I would also like to point out there are other things besides grammar that are important, such as structure, development, and well organized paragraphs with main and support ideas.

In my alcohol-induced haze (from last night. i'm not drinking at 9am) this phrase, taken out of context, sounds like a line from a catfight between primary school teachers. :lol: :lol:

(hitori, do not take offense, i'm just being extra silly, it's not about you per se)

UndoControl said:
Indeed, weird looks do not equate “i want you to be like everyone else”, but locking people up in a mental institute and giving them therapy does.
[...]
I believe we should make a distinction between psychologist/taking therapy and psychiatrist / medication / mental institute therapy. The first works fine for people with temporary problems (such as trauma, someone’s death, family/relationship problems, and so on), whereas the second is the treatment i’m against, as it attempts to cure people who are not sick, first making them believe they are sick.
This whole "People are being locked away in Mental Institutes and treated against their own will!" has really freaked you out, hm? ;)
I told you, people cant be held against their will in Mental Institutes unless they are a threat to others (or highly suicidal). You need a psy, a doctor and a judge as well to sign the papers.
Where do you get those ideas from anyway? Have you ever been to a Mental Institution? Have you ever seen those people they hold there? Ive seen some and trust me, there is nothing superior about them at all. They are pitiful things that need special care. Most of them wouldnt be able to survive on their own and no one tells them they're sick because they wouldnt listen or understand anyway.

UndoControl said:
But if i can’t do something and instead of helping me out or leaving me to my failure they start calling me names and looking weird at me and ultimately put me into a mental institute and/or regard me as inferior, fucked up or diseased then it is the definition’s fault. And that’s why it should be changed. And a change in the name is not important. The important thing is that people see that there’s nothing wrong with “mental disordered” people and stop treating them as sick people.
First of all, most of the normal people cant help you. If they dont leave you alone it may be because they want to help you anyway. The very people who could help you are the very same you keep refusing.
Why do you need help anyway, you said there was nothing wrong with you in the first place. I mean, do you see how you contradict yourself?

UndoControl said:
I didn’t mean to imply that. First, let’s please choose another example, as i believe everyone, including the “mentally ill”, can buy a car. And when we do choose another example (i’ll let you choose it :)) i’ll show you how the inability to do it is caused by society and not by a mental condition.
Not every mentally ill person can buy a car. Paranoia, Social Anxiety, Schizophrenia and whatnot can very well make it impossible. Show me how the irrational fear of other people or the intense feeling of being followed and spied upon or severe hallucinations and delusions have anything to do with how society acts towards those people at all.

UndoControl said:
A note on depression: depression could or could not be a mental condition. There’s the possibility that it is merely the effect being rejected or called ‘sick’ can have on a person. When it becomes almost constant and so strong that it may look like a disorder, it is not necessarily so, but rather the consequence of excessive suffering. Just a thought i have to develop more.
Depression may be triggered by that, yes. Depression is more than that though. If someone calls you "sick" and for some reason that comment really has a devestating impact on yourself, you may feel down for an hour.. or two.. or half the night. At some point you'll be over it. The imbalances in your brain that cause depressions though would remind you every second of the day they are there. Someone once said that depression feels as if it was raining inside your head all the time. Ive been there and trust me, it is very different from "feeling bad" or someone calling you "sick"

UndoControl said:
And that’s exactly why they/we shouldn’t be called ‘mentally disordered people’. Every person is different. Some are more different than others, and that’s when it seems like disease, but to classify people because they are different is stupid.
Why dont you provide an example then? Tell me what you still consider normal behaviour that others call "mentally ill" already.

UndoControl said:
Despite all arguments and disagreements and despite all the sarcasm and apparent tension, we’re still friends, right, Tali? ;)
Sure. I dont agree with your views on that but I dont have anything against you personally. In fact, Im amazed at how calmly you state your points against so many people. But the debate is interesting, so keep it up :)

UndoControl said:
So are psychiatrists. They label any non-standard behavior as a mental disorder just because it's different from most people's behavior. They are wrong. Schizophrenia, depression, bipolarity, obsessive-compulsive "disorder", paranoia -- they're not diseases or disorders, just mental states.
I didn't read any further than this, so i don't know what you said after it, but.. I disagree about this one. I consider 'mental state' as something that passes with time, but depression never ends in some cases, and schizophrenia can't be healed at all. Schizophrenic people have medication for their whole life, but the disease itself never goes away.

:lol: @ hyena. I know. I guess I've been hanging out with teachers for too long.

I thought I'd never say this, but I agree with Human Desert, and particularly with fireangel's most recent post. I did read all the replies in this thread, but as I said in my original post, I didn't find your answers satisfactory. It seems like you avoid the main idea and get stuck on giving us dictionary definitions.

UndoControl said:
but i’m honestly sick of having to read through paragraphs and paragraphs of stuff without any commas or capital letters while trying to guess the meaning. As politely as i can, i’m asking people to try to write as correctly as they can. ... Oh, please do excuse me if i hurt your feelings by being arrogant.

well you could start by capitalizing your "I"s, and setting an example for all of us. and no, you didn't hurt my feelings, don't worry, you're still being pleasant and the good person here.

UndoControl said:
No. See, scientific theory needs to be supported by empirical fact in order to be accepted as true. I make a theory and then watch examples (such as a friend of mine, who’s always there for me to watch, and a character from a highly realistic movie, not some director’s mindless effort at becoming rich over the night) that support it. It’s called the ‘scientific method’, in case you didn’t know.

That's my whole point. You're not being scientific about it, at all. Your friend is not an appropriate example, because you can't observe her objectively to begin with since she's your friend. The scientific method (thank you for explaining what that means, again, you're stuck on terms) consists on making a theory and then experiment, and you're not doing that. You're watching movies and observing those close to you. You haven't done research on what others have already said about the subject, and I bet you haven't ever read any serious psychology source. Which is fine, just don't try to pass off your essay as an original crazy idea, it isn't. It's interesting, certainly, but badly phrased and lacking of support.

UndoControl said:
Now who’s arrogant? Just because it seems unlikely to you you snap at me saying that it’s totally ridiculous and unfounded. First, it may be unlikely, but it’s not impossible.

I said it was ridiculous because you have absolutely nothing to back it up.

As for the definition of brilliant you used, I did not misunderstand it, I merely gave you MY view on what a "brilliant" person is. Maybe it's you who isn't reading carefully enough.

UndoControl said:
Or was it an excuse to sarcastically say that i’m gifted, thus implying that i’m being stupid, thus insulting me? Because that’s immature, and i thought you were the one who said my “rants” were “childish”.

Yeah, I was basically stating I disagree with your having a superior mind, based on your online "please everyone" personna and what writings I've seen from you.

but, like, we're still friends, right?

*yawn*

Of course, if you can't be treated and get well - it's no decease, it's a mental state.

Of course, if you can't find any good perks, you are going to use your traits as the mark of being unique and like no other.

Of course, you can state you wrote all them Pantera lyrics... aight, stop right here.

You can be as fucked up inside your head as you want to be, from birth or due to mind-altering substances mis-use, - I don't care, as long as I'm not bothered. But as soon as someone like that jumps at me with a knife - I'll put him/her to sleep.

We had some schizoid shoot some people in Philly a few months ago, one of them was an old lady, who was shot in the back of her head in the Center City, in the middle of the street early in the morning, going to work (5-6 am). Besides that, I have more reasons to be aware.

Words worth no shit when it comes down to melee, you know?

plintus said:
*yawn*

Of course, if you can't be treated and get well - it's no decease, it's a mental state.

Of course, if you can't find any good perks, you are going to use your traits as the mark of being unique and like no other.

Of course, you can state you wrote all them Pantera lyrics... aight, stop right here.
Great lead up. :lol:

As my own experience tell me that is always useless to try to defend a personal opinion with someone who seems to be close-minded, I decided not to reply to this particular thread.

Also, I’ve never been good enough trying to argue in a foreign language, because of I sucks in grammar since I’ve learned all what I know about english by my own.

I didn't reply yesterday because I had a terrible day and was exhausted by the time I got home. And I didn't reply earlier today because I didn't feel like it. But I didn't disappear. Here's my reply.

Rahvin: Then let&#8217;s all stop calling each other things and going &#8220;you&#8217;re arrogant&#8221; instead of going straight to the point. How does that sound? :saint: (<< for some reason i hate that smiley...)

Taliesin said:
First of all, most of the normal people cant help you. If they dont leave you alone it may be because they want to help you anyway. The very people who could help you are the very same you keep refusing.
Why do you need help anyway, you said there was nothing wrong with you in the first place. I mean, do you see how you contradict yourself?
I didn&#8217;t say i needed help. I didn&#8217;t contradict myself. I was using the example we&#8217;ve been using all along: a &#8220;mentally ill&#8221; person not being able to do something (i.e. buy a car). I&#8217;ve never been unable to do anything (except maybe carry on a healthy relationship with someone who later turned out to hate obsessive people) because of any mental condition i have or don&#8217;t have.

Taliesin said:
Not every mentally ill person can buy a car. Paranoia, Social Anxiety, Schizophrenia and whatnot can very well make it impossible. Show me how the irrational fear of other people or the intense feeling of being followed and spied upon or severe hallucinations and delusions have anything to do with how society acts towards those people at all.
Fear isn&#8217;t caused by society. I never said that. I said that being unable to do something (i really don&#8217;t see how being afraid, or rather, &#8220;excessively&#8221; cautious, of people could keep you from buying a car) probably is. Another thing: i never said those conditions didn&#8217;t have their negative sides. Sure, it must be hell to hallucinate stuff and then find out that everything you thought you knew isn&#8217;t real. But it might --just might, so as to not offend everyone else here-- have its good things. Alright, alright, they&#8217;re not human evolution (happy? ;)), but some conditions do have very positive effects, like obsession (and, yes, paranoia; just because you&#8217;re paranoid it doesn&#8217;t mean they&#8217;re not following you ;)). Hell, even depression, if we consider it a condition and not a consequence: in my very personal and particular opinion, and i&#8217;m sure that many here will agree with me (and if not then a lot of people i know do agree anyway), the best art (not the only good art) is sad art.

Taliesin said:
Depression may be triggered by that, yes. Depression is more than that though. If someone calls you "sick" and for some reason that comment really has a devestating impact on yourself, you may feel down for an hour.. or two.. or half the night. At some point you'll be over it. The imbalances in your brain that cause depressions though would remind you every second of the day they are there. Someone once said that depression feels as if it was raining inside your head all the time. Ive been there and trust me, it is very different from "feeling bad" or someone calling you "sick"
And i went through two years of depression (i.e. constant sadness all day every day, no matter what), and it was all caused by society (namely people i knew, not society in general) and my inability to get along with it, and maybe even their inability to get along with me. But, agreed, chemical &#8220;imbalances&#8221; are not society-caused.

Taliesin said:
Why dont you provide an example then? Tell me what you still consider normal behaviour that others call "mentally ill" already.
First of all, i don&#8217;t quite get what you&#8217;re trying to say. I&#8217;d appreciate it if you could rephrase that. Second, i already said that the word &#8216;normal&#8217; doesn&#8217;t make any sense to me, so there&#8217;s no &#8216;normal behavior&#8217;.

Taliesin said:
Im amazed at how calmly you state your points against so many people.
I&#8217;m used to it. ;) And yes, it is interesting. :)

fireangel said:
All in all, I do not have the patience to read all of your replies here
I understand. It&#8217;s not easy to read through pages of such long and controversial posts. I myself have at times been too lazy to read and reply. The downside of posting without reading is, as you&#8217;ve seen, that you might say something that has already been addressed. I&#8217;ll try not to snap at people for this anymore (unless it gets really, really anoying, such as 856907489 people saying the same thing and that thing already having been addressed, in which case i might provide a link to the part where it was addressed ;)). Anywho...

fireangel said:
the general impression I have is that you just are fed up with the negative sides of being an outsider and try to make it more bearable by declaring yourself better, special, genius and creative, and the others as the jealous ones who have no other means of dealing with it than to to declare you ill.
You&#8217;re right in that i am fed up with the negative sides of being an outsider (i liked the way you put that. No sarcasm :)). Maybe i did get a bit carried away with the &#8216;genius&#8217; thing, but i&#8217;m not just saying that i&#8217;m better in order to relieve the pain. I do believe &#8216;nonstandard mental conditions&#8217; and, so to say, &#8216;genius&#8217; (i hate using this word because of what it implies, but i couldn&#8217;t find a better word for what i&#8217;m trying to say) are connected in some way.

fireangel said:
picking at those who are different and preferrably in the minority. So that might have led you to writing this text in the first place, as a self-defendance and making the others look as the spawn of boredom.
In this case, i&#8217;m the minority picking on the masses. ;) No, i didn&#8217;t write that to make others look bad. I wrote the first thing because i thought that way a few months ago and i wrote the second thing because i think that way now (okay, i might have changed my mind with respect to one or two things since this discussion (see, LaRocque? ;)), but generally i think that way).

fireangel said:
I had the same kind of thoughts when I was 18 and fed up with everyone. Possibly you&#180;ll just grow out of them and feel much better in the long run
That sounded as though you were seeing me as a little boy and you were a big girl who&#8217;s already been through what i&#8217;m going through. Or maybe you do see things that way. ;)

Human Desert said:
I didn't read any further than this
UndoControl said:
The downside of posting without reading is, as you&#8217;ve seen, that you might say something that has already been addressed.
..Which is why i won&#8217;t reply to that.

Hitori said:
It seems like you avoid the main idea and get stuck on giving us dictionary definitions.
So what is the main idea, according to you?

Hitori said:
well you could start by capitalizing your "I"s, and setting an example for all of us.
For your convenience and comfort, in this thread I&#8217;ll capitalize my I&#8217;s whenever I remember to from now on. Remind me later to start another (controversial, though less so, I hope) thread on why the word &#8216;I&#8217; shouldn&#8217;t be capitalized.

Hitori said:
and no, you didn't hurt my feelings, don't worry, you're still being pleasant and the good person here.
That appears to me like sarcasm, but, as it&#8217;s hard to transmit everything you mean to and just what you mean to in an internet-based forum and maybe you didn&#8217;t mean for it to be sarcastic, I&#8217;ll pretend you never said that.

Hitori said:
I bet you haven't ever read any serious psychology source.
Does Robert Feldman&#8217;s &#8220;Psychology&#8221; count?

Hitori said:
As for the definition of brilliant you used, I did not misunderstand it, I merely gave you MY view on what a "brilliant" person is. Maybe it's you who isn't reading carefully enough.
But the argument here is about my definition of &#8216;brilliant&#8217; (no, I&#8217;m not implying that only what I say is right or anything similar to that; I&#8217;m only saying that, in this case, your definition of brilliant had little to do with the thread. And no, I&#8217;m not using this as a last-resort defense against you).

Hitori said:
Yeah, I was basically stating I disagree with your having a superior mind, based on your online "please everyone" personna and what writings I've seen from you.
I never, ever intended to &#8220;please everyone&#8221;. People spontaneously started commenting on how much the UM forums needed a new member like me (I&#8217;m pretty sure they exaggerated a bit, but it makes no difference), and all I said was &#8220;thank you&#8221;. Whether that and my other posts pleased everyone or not is not my problem, since pleasing everyone is not my objective in this forum. I joined for other reasons. And I don&#8217;t really care if you like my writings or not, since everyone is entitled to their own opinions and tastes (oh, but I don&#8217;t think I need to say this, as everyone on here is so mature). And, for that matter, I don&#8217;t care if you agree with anything or not.

Hitori said:
but, like, we're still friends, right?
Tell me something: Do I have serious issues when it comes to reading between lines, or was the sarcasm in that sentence infinite?

plintus said:

Of course, you can state you wrote all them Pantera lyrics...
I&#8217;m trying to defend my point, I&#8217;m not just shouting something and then waiting for answers to hail on me. I find the comparison between what I&#8217;m trying to prove and claiming that I wrote all Pantera lyrics insulting.

plintus said:
We had some schizoid shoot some people in Philly a few months ago, one of them was an old lady, who was shot in the back of her head in the Center City, in the middle of the street early in the morning, going to work (5-6 am). Besides that, I have more reasons to be aware.
Obviously, I can&#8217;t reply to that because I don&#8217;t know shit about that person or the crime. Good weapon, using arguments the other person can&#8217;t reply to. I admire your strategy. But take away the multiple personalities or delusions that person might have had and most likely they still would have shot people. Or do you seriously believe every criminal is &#8220;mentally ill&#8221;?

Angelbreeze said:
someone who seems to be close-minded
Um... read all of my replies? Especially this one. I&#8217;m not that close-minded. Tell me something. Did you take the time to read through whatever you read through and post (and then even edit your post) only to say that you have nothing to say? Or am I missing something?

UndoControl said:
Rahvin: Then let’s all stop calling each other things and going “you’re arrogant” instead of going straight to the point. How does that sound? :saint: (<< for some reason i hate that smiley...)

it sounds unlikely to happen. i suggest reading through all the name-calling and sarcasm and proceed nevertheless. you seem to appreciate variation from the norm in human behavior: this is one, so enjoy.

UndoControl said:
I didn’t say i needed help. I didn’t contradict myself. I was using the example we’ve been using all along: a “mentally ill” person not being able to do something (i.e. buy a car).
I thought you were refering to yourself because you also said this:
UndoControl said:
But if i can’t do something and instead of helping me out or leaving me to my failure they start calling me names and looking weird at me
UndoControl said:
Fear isn’t caused by society. I never said that. I said that being unable to do something (i really don’t see how being afraid, or rather, “excessively” cautious, of people could keep you from buying a car) probably is.
But how? I dont see what society has to do with it
Also, fear can keep you from doing many things. Some of our patients had social anxiety disorder to a point where they were unable to get on a tram or a bus, one was unable to cross the parking space right outside the house which was maybe 30m in diameter. Another was so depressed out of his mind he was unable to do the easiest tasks, like dress himself, or get something to eat without severe medication.
So in that situation, you have yourself and the guy selling the car.. I do see how social anxiety can keep you from buying that car, but I dont see how society would.
UndoControl said:
Another thing: i never said those conditions didn’t have their negative sides. Sure, it must be hell to hallucinate stuff and then find out that everything you thought you knew isn’t real. But it might --just might, so as to not offend everyone else here-- have its good things. Alright, alright, they’re not human evolution (happy? ;)), but some conditions do have very positive effects, like obsession (and, yes, paranoia; just because you’re paranoid it doesn’t mean they’re not following you ;)). Hell, even depression, if we consider it a condition and not a consequence: in my very personal and particular opinion, and i’m sure that many here will agree with me (and if not then a lot of people i know do agree anyway), the best art (not the only good art) is sad art.
I completely agree man. I love Georg Trakl for example, he uses a lot of dark images, his poems have the aura of very beautifully described nightmares about them, it's really impressive. Im not sure if anyone ever translated his stuff though
UndoControl said:
And i went through two years of depression (i.e. constant sadness all day every day, no matter what), and it was all caused by society (namely people i knew, not society in general) and my inability to get along with it, and maybe even their inability to get along with me. But, agreed, chemical “imbalances” are not society-caused.
The root of all the evil in this thread ;)
UndoControl said:
First of all, i don’t quite get what you’re trying to say. I’d appreciate it if you could rephrase that. Second, i already said that the word ‘normal’ doesn’t make any sense to me, so there’s no ‘normal behavior’.
Nevermind it was a misunderstanding

UndoControl said:
i already said that the word ‘normal’ doesn’t make any sense to me, so there’s no ‘normal behavior’.

"normal" has a technical meaning without connotations of value. if you refuse to accept that meaning, it's like you're commenting on how good a movie is without accepting the notion of "plot".

Yea I was gonna comment on that but erased the whole part about me being a wiseass about the nature of society.. oh well

Taliesin said:
Yea I was gonna comment on that but erased the whole part about me being a wiseass about the nature of society.. oh well

i don't know, i just think that it's pretty pointless to build a whole theory on something where "normal" is a prominent concept while you somehow won't accept that the norm is "a statistic describing the location of a distribution". i can't imagine someone having such a big problem with a concept that pertains to logic/math to the point that they have to claim it makes no sense to them. and if it really doesn't, well, it's better to say it straight away so the ~5 billion people who accept the notion don't waste ~5 billion hours of their lives debating with someone who doesn't agree on the fundamentals the theories are supposed to be based on.

Normal is "a statistic describing the location of a distribution", but it can also mean something like "How things should be" which I find retarded, too.
What I dont get at all is how that changes anything. Im not too thrilled by what I perceive as "society" most of my days, but I'll still have to live with it and it would be stupid to let anyone else dictate how you live your life.
What I dont get is how he goes from "I had problems with the people around me" to "Society and its definitions are causing all mental illnesses!" that's such a groundless claim it's breahttaking

Taliesin said:
Normal is "a statistic describing the location of a distribution", but it can also mean something like "How things should be" which I find retarded, too.

yes, i know. and if this thread had been called "conformists are evil" i would have cheered and agreed. but serious diagnosticians call "normal behavior" the behavior that is most common according to said location of a distribution. you can't be taken seriously if you go around saying "there's no normal behavior". to follow up on another inappropriate metaphor undocontrol used, it's like replying to people who believe the sun orbitates around the earth that to you "there is no earth", just because you criticize the anthropocentric perspective.

edit: otherwise agreed on how mind-boggling it is when people go through pains to shut their eyes on the fact that society is a reality to be taken into consideration. i blame it on a secluded, shy childhood, in one so young.

Alright, to compile what I'd like to say would mean quoting from about 30 of these posts, so I'll just leave it at - I agree with some of what you've all said, but not all of it :p

Oh, and 'orbitates' is my new favorite word.

~kov. :D

Kovenant84 said:
Oh, and 'orbitates' is my new favorite word.

:D
i remembered later that "orbits" is the word of choice for what i was trying to say. i won't even pretend that i was positive from the start that "to orbitate" exists. however, it does. so no shameful edit needed. ;)

Taliesin said:
Some of our patients had social anxiety disorder to a point where they were unable to get on a tram or a bus, one was unable to cross the parking space right outside the house which was maybe 30m in diameter.
Okay, you got me on that one. I admit I never thought anxiety &#8220;disorder&#8221; could reach such magnitude.

Taliesin said:
Another was so depressed out of his mind he was unable to do the easiest tasks, like dress himself, or get something to eat without severe medication.
Was unable to or just didn&#8217;t care enough to?

Taliesin said:
Im not sure if anyone ever translated [Georg Trakl&#8217;s] stuff though
I found some stuff in English in http://www.poemhunter.com/georg-trakl/poet-11451/

Taliesin said:
The root of all the evil in this thread ;)
:lol: Perhaps..

rahvin said:
"normal" has a technical meaning without connotations of value. if you refuse to accept that meaning, it's like you're commenting on how good a movie is without accepting the notion of "plot".
Fine, but please tell me what difference does that make now that Taliesin has stated that the &#8216;normal&#8217; thing was a misunderstanding. And I wouldn&#8217;t venture into trying to determine what&#8217;s &#8220;normal&#8221; and what&#8217;s not when it comes to human behavior, even if I thought &#8216;normal&#8217; made any sense. Dangerous grounds, mate. ;)

rahvin said:
"normal" is (...) "a statistic describing the location of a distribution". i can't imagine someone having such a big problem with a concept that pertains to logic/math to the point that they have to claim it makes no sense to them.
Am I so terribly mistaken in believing that, since &#8216;normal&#8217; means &#8220;conforming to a standard; usual; typical; expected&#8221; and everyone is different, &#8216;normal doesn&#8217;t properly apply to human nature because no two persons are the same and thus there is no &#8216;usual&#8217;? There might be similar aspects or behavior, but where do you draw the line between what&#8217;s slight variation and what&#8217;s a different aspect or a different behavior?

Taliesin said:
What I dont get is how he goes from "I had problems with the people around me" to "Society and its definitions are causing all mental illnesses!" that's such a groundless claim it's breahttaking
I didn&#8217;t say &#8220;society and its definitions are causing all mental illnesses&#8221;, I said &#8220;since society defines some mental conditions as mental illnesses, those who have those conditions are made to suffer&#8221;. I speak out of experience, not out of some study of all humanity from the beginning of civilization. I speak from what experience has made me think. Please try not to deform everything I say.

rahvin said:
inappropriate metaphor undocontrol used
How was that inappropriate in the context I used it in?

rahvin said:
edit: otherwise agreed on how mind-boggling it is when people go through pains to shut their eyes on the fact that society is a reality to be taken into consideration. i blame it on a secluded, shy childhood, in one so young.
Was that directed at me?

fireangel said:
If you mean by this that I said something already said before, then that&#180;s wrong. I checked for this at least. And I don&#180;t have general problems of reading through long and complicated texts. It&#180;s just here a little tiring because on the first page people mainly debated about the definitions and theories, while I thought (as I said) that this is not your main intention, so no point entangling in the discussion about them for me. I read it pretty quickly, though, just to see the content, but not for detailed replying to the posts.
Several people (maybe including you) did say things i had already addressed, though. I seriously don&#8217;t remember exactly where in this thread i addressed them, but i&#8217;m thinking it might have been on the first page.

fireangel said:
yes, I know. I wrote that. They (majority) were picking at you (minority) and I explained how this can happen, and this now is your reaction. A circle again. Please re-read the original post..
You made it sound like you were talking about me feeling insecure and jealous and thus picking on the minority.

fireangel said:
Everbody goes their own path in life. But your ideas in the first post looked terribly known to me, though. That&#180;s why I still think it&#180;s not about the theory of psychology here, and that&#180;s why the debate with you goes so on every little detail and looks like a fight. Because there can barely be found a solution when it&#180;s not talked about the (as I see it) underlying topic. All this definition-stuff is not the actual battleground. If it was, I would debate there, too
So I turned to the outsider- and "I&#180;m better than you"-theme, to say that life got better for me, and it hopefully will for you, too. I meant to say that I think I understand what you are thinking about at the moment, and what is so frustrating about the surrounding people.
Hopefully. Thanks for your good wishes.

fireangel said:
I also think that you are already working on your way out of it, by creating and living in your own world, like the writing. It might turn out this way, that you actually do live a special life with many extraordinary things that give you meaning and define you. Then that&#180;ll secure you and being a bit freakish is just fine :)
Said like that, it&#8217;s probably true. I do find peace --and a &#8216;special life&#8217;-- in writing.

fireangel said:
It would be now very mature-sounding to say that later you&#180;ll see everyone is special in their own way, and understand why others have a go at easy to recognize-outsiders, and that no-one is better than anyone else. But I don&#180;t say it, because even I don&#180;t have such a forgiving and grateful heart :D
:lol: Perhaps. Right now, i don&#8217;t believe everyone is better than everyone else, but that&#8217;s just my very biased opinion and not to be taken into account in this discussion.

UndoControl said:
Did you take the time to read through whatever you read through and post (and then even edit your post) only to say that you have nothing to say? Or am I missing something?

I thought that this would be an interesting thread. Will never be interesting to express an opinion to someone who seems not to listen more than his own ego, though.

Btw, I didn't say that I have nothing to say. I prefer not to waste my time talking to you about this.