Queensryche vs. Queensryche

I hate to say this, but I actually quite like the Tate song, but I also am probably one of the few that liked Hear in the Now Frontier, which is what it reminds me of. having said that though, I'm sure the rest of the album is crap.

The LaTorre Queensryche song bored me honestly. He sounds good, but the verses are boring and not memorable at all. The music doesn't remind me of Queensryche at all.

Came across this "recorded from radio" song from the new Latorre QR - sound is obviously crud but I like this song more than the one they released (if it is indeed the new QR): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhDJLkYbecM

While this specific video doesn't work, I did find it elsewhere on youtube. This one I like as long as they clean it up a bit, but I'm sure this will as it sounds like demo quality.

With me, I'm a vocal guy, so if the vocals are really good(The Todd Ryche) compared to crappy vocals(the Tate Ryche) then the music doesn't have to be amazing. The problem with the Tate Ryche is that Tate's vocals don't even sound good anymore. They seem really watered down, lacking emotion, energy and the phrasing is horrible....This is why I know the Todd Ryche will appeal to me more, much better vocals...

I dig it! Way, way better than anything they've done in a LONG time. To me, it's got that dark vibe and sounds like it could have been off Promised Land.

The new song isn't anything special. And the Promised Land sound really shouldn't be the goal. It's either the worst of the classic era albums or the best of the sucky era albums, depending on where you draw the line.

I'll confirm it is indeed the new QR.

I cannot for the life of me understand why you open up the disc with a mid-paced tune considering the expectations for this thing. They would have been better off opening with "Vindication" and mixing it up from there.

What's your verdict on the whole disc? I'm curious...

Steve

ps: Really enjoying this song. Love the soloing.

What's your verdict on the whole disc? I'm curious...

Steve

ps: Really enjoying this song. Love the soloing.

For me, the guitar solo is the best part of the song....kinda sounds like the soloing they would've done during the "classic" era. The rest of the song, however, sounds like a watered down Pagan's Mind. Not horrible, but nothing too exciting either.

The new song isn't anything special. And the Promised Land sound really shouldn't be the goal. It's either the worst of the classic era albums or the best of the sucky era albums, depending on where you draw the line.

Disagree. It is very different from the "classic" stuff, but I'd say it's their most progressive and possibly their best written album next to Operation Mindcrime. However, I will agree that they should try with the classic sound as it's hard to mimic Promised Land.

I too disagree, I think PL is tied with Rage for their second best. For me it is significantly better than much of their catalog. It is O:M, RoF, PL and then a significant drop to Empire and The Warning.

Well keep in mind too that this is only their first album together without Tate, so it's not going to be exceptional. Plus, I don't think their goal was to make an album as good as Rage for Order(their masterpiece in my opinion).

True, sounding like Promised Land is far from their best, BUT it's heading in the right direction and with a band that is just starting out with a new singer, heading in the right direction is fine with me.....

I too disagree, I think PL is tied with Rage for their second best. For me it is significantly better than much of their catalog. It is O:M, RoF, PL and then a significant drop to Empire and The Warning.

I'm not sure how you can think that Warning is a significant drop off. The Warning is amazing and it also has the best song every by Ryche, "Roads to Madness".....The lyrics and the music and singing on the Warning is phenomenal, the only thing it suffers from is production....