Question and Answer Thread

No-Mercy said:
A: :lol: your letting him use your house, he better be installing that god damned fan!

Q: Has there ever been a band you were real into and listened to all the time, then discovered new bands, and when you came back you found yourself not really liking them anymore?

(and bryant, i too wonder why metal bands dont use as many acoustic guitars. iron maiden's journeyman blew me the fuck away!)

A: The biggest example is Guns and Roses. I liked Appetite after I heard it a while (though I didn't like it at first) but now when I hear that God awful noise coming from Axl Rose's mouth, it makes me want to throw shit.

Q: favorite bassists ?

Many bands use "clean electic guitar" in places that sounds right for clean electric, but many times an acoustic would sound better. I'm not a guitarist who overdoes effects, but a "metal" style electric guitar sounds like shit playing clean unless you colour the shit out of it with effects. An acoustic/electric needs only a touch of reverb and if you want a touch of chorus and it sounds great, even plugged straight into the soundboard be it live or in the studio. It's another guitar to have to soundcheck as well as put somewhere on stage when playing live, but the overtones and harmonics the wood makes can't be duplicated electronically, and a clean electric doesn't have the body of sound. I think it should be used more often in some of the mellower parts of a song.

Bryant

No-Mercy said:
SHIIIITTT!!!! darg will have my head!!

Q: favorite war movie

A: Band of Brothers- that mini-series was so well made, well documented and it gets you in the end when they interview the real soldiers the story was based on.

Q: favorite Live Music DVD

THIS ONE:
100_1391.jpg

Q: Favorite Picture Disc