Question for those of you seriously into black metal...

Necromunchkin

Lord of the Whisky
Sep 21, 2002
Arizona
Visit site
En Vind Av Sorg, Black Winter Day, Nicodemix, anyone else. I'd like to hear your recommendations about any most excellent black metal that's come out in the past couple of years. Don't worry about classics, I'm just looking for the stuff I've missed being so out of the scene lately.

So, what should I put on my "NEED" list? :Spin:

dead6skin6mask6 said:
my thoughts on finnugor... http://www.royalcarnage.com/Reviews/blackwinterday/finnugor/dawn_rev.htm

necromunchkin... this is going to be a bit difficult considering i don't know what style of black metal you're into. i'll just assume that it is REAL bm and not fake sissy stuff like dimmu.

i'll try to limit it to 10 semi-obscure/overlooked albums that any self-respecting bm fan should hear...

DRUDKH - Autumn Aurora
LUX OCCULTA - Forever Alone Immortal
GRAND BELIAL'S KEY - Judeobeast Assassination
WOODS OF YPRES - Against the Seasons
ASTROFAES - Ancestors' Shadows
BERGTHRON - Jagdheim
NEGURA BUNGET - Sala Molska
SETHERIAL - Nord
HELHEIM - Jormundgand
NOKTURNAL MORTUM - A Taste of Victory

that should get you started :cool:

Yes, real black metal. I've never much liked Dimmu, been much more into Graveland and Nokturnal Mortum and Carpathian Forest and the like. I actually already have Setherial's "Nord" so we definitely have the commonality there, I'll put the rest of the recommendations on my list and check them out.

Grand Belial's Key, haven't heard any of their music in years.

Thanks for the recommendations, all of you.

Behemoth is a good band, though, but I think you're right that they're a black/death mix. But I do have several of their albums. I just have this strong need to add much more true black metal to my collection.

Black Winter Day said:
my thoughts on finnugor... http://www.royalcarnage.com/Reviews/blackwinterday/finnugor/dawn_rev.htm

necromunchkin... this is going to be a bit difficult considering i don't know what style of black metal you're into. i'll just assume that it is REAL bm and not fake sissy stuff like dimmu.

i'll try to limit it to 10 semi-obscure/overlooked albums that any self-respecting bm fan should hear...

DRUDKH - Autumn Aurora
LUX OCCULTA - Forever Alone Immortal
GRAND BELIAL'S KEY - Judeobeast Assassination
WOODS OF YPRES - Against the Seasons
ASTROFAES - Ancestors' Shadows
BERGTHRON - Jagdheim
NEGURA BUNGET - Sala Molska
SETHERIAL - Nord
HELHEIM - Jormundgand
NOKTURNAL MORTUM - A Taste of Victory

that should get you started :cool:

What Sensei BWD said.