QUESTIONS FOR *Matt*

Hey Matt. Easy questions for you if you would. Would be great if you explained why you answer the way you would but not necessary.

1. Favorite IE song that you ever sang.
2. Least favorite IE song that you ever sang.
3. Most difficult IE song that you ever sang. (difficult as in timing, strain on your voice, complexity etc..)
4. Easiest IE song you ever sang. (that wasnt complex or strained your voice etc..)
5. What IE song meant the most to you.

Thanks much Matt. Oh...any chance of ever hearing anything from Cauldron? If i remember right that was the band you were in before IE?

My 3 favorite songs by you.

I Died For You (first song i ever heard by IE - heard your voice and i was hooked.)
Dracula
A Question of Heaven

Thanks again Matt
Grinder

Hi Matt, I was also wandering about the Cauldron stuff...would be awesome to hear the original version of Last December and you singing death metal! I know there are people out there who own that demo, do you know where (if it is possible) I can get a copy?

Iced Earth:
Have you heard the new Iced Earth single? What do you think of the rerecorded trilogy with Tim Owens?

Pyramaze:
Will you change your vocal style for Pyramaze, (just wandering, since you have a very different vocal style from Lance), or will it be like it used to be when you sang for Iced Earth? How much will you take part in the songwriting proses??? (your lyrics are just poetry, really nice btw.)
Thank you for returning to metal and inspiring me with your incredible voice!:)
And thank you for writing Ghost of Freedom, the song that got me into Iced Earth, it is the most beautiful ballad I've ever heard! There will never be a singer like you!:)

Howdy Matt, I can't believe I have a chance to actually get to contact you. You are my favorite singer of all time, no shit. I am one of your biggest fans :D Alrighty then, here's a question:

What Iced Earth song did you put most of your heart into while singing? Travel in Stygian off the Alive in Athens album, right after "And that's when I saw my destiny", the chorus, I always get goosebumps at the end of the chorus because it just sounds like perfect harmony with the fans singing along and everything.

I just want to know what you really sing for. The fans? The excitement? Oh, and just want to let you know that you singing Watching Over Me has a special place in my life. It would be really great to know that you acknowledge that. That you have really helped someone in their life by just singing it. I wish I could get the chance to talk to Jon Schaffer, he really is my hero. I've already met Hansi from Blind Guardian while at a concert in Austin, Texas. Good guy. I hope I could meet you sometime maybe if Pyramaze tours the US. I wish you good luck in Pyramaze, and hope you're having an awesome time. To the rest of the guys, Toke, Morten, Michael, you fucking rock and always will! :D

Jarad "Kanadwen" Morris

Hi Matt,

It's a awesome thing to write you, we are enormously happy about your return to metal scene :) Welcome back again !

I wanna ask ,

1- How will you arrange the concerts even though you are living in US? Or else did you moved or will you move to Denmark?

2- About Pyramaze's upcoming album, will you also write some lyrics for new album, as you did when you were in I.E.? Do you have any plan about this matter?

3- There is a rumour about you, that you have not gave up working as a police officer and you will hold together both of working as a police officer and Pyramaze's vocal at same time, is that true or not? If it is, how will you carry on both of them?

4- Will you lengthen your hairs again? :)

5- What is the main thing of your life that you prefer to music, which you can not hesitate to give up music?

6- Which one is more difficult than the other, being a police officer or singing?

Thank you very much in advance.
With all of my greetings and respects from Istanbul,Turkey.
Horns up to you!

:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

I have a few questions for you Matt.

1) Will you grow your hair back? I wasn't an Iced Earth fan, let alone a heavy metal fan, when you were the vocalist for IE, so I never got to see your long hair in action.

2) What is your favorite subgenre of metal, genre of music other than metal, and what are a few of your favorite bands?

3) Who is your main influence in your singing?

4) And finally, is there anywhere you can point me to to get Iced Earth bass tabs? Everywhere I've checked, there are none, and if there are, it's not very many. And they usually aren't very accurate. I need some because by band, The Plagued, wants to cover a few IE tunes, and we can't really do that without bass lines lol.

Ugh, the only question in this thread so far that doesn't make me want to puke is muzmaze's. That's at least an original question to which the answer is NOT obvious or readily available on the internet. And he doesn't have his head up Matt's ass. Kudos to Muzmaze
other_up.gif

Hey Matt, glad to have you back!

1. Do you ever strain your voice when trying to sing something, let it be IE, Pyramaze or something else?

2. After you joined Pyramaze, have you been approached by a Pyramaze fan that wasn't an Iced Earth fan?

3. If you are, what are you listening to just now?

hey matt, how is working as a police officer? is it true you have to be maced as part of your training? oh and have you run into any IE fans while on patrol? sorry for asking too much
WORK IS FANTASTIC! I LOVE WHAT I DO. THOUGH PEPPER SPRAY DOES HURT LIKE HELL. I HAVE NOT MET ANY FOLKS ON THE ROAD THAT IDENTIFIED THEMSELVES AS I.E. GUYS, BUT THERE IS ALWAYS THE POSSIBILITY I GUESS.

Hey Matt. Easy questions for you if you would. Would be great if you explained why you answer the way you would but not necessary.

3. Most difficult IE song that you ever sang. (difficult as in timing, strain on your voice, complexity etc..)
4. Easiest IE song you ever sang. (that wasnt complex or strained your voice etc..)

Thanks much Matt. Oh...any chance of ever hearing anything from Cauldron? If i remember right that was the band you were in before IE?

My 3 favorite songs by you.

I Died For You (first song i ever heard by IE - heard your voice and i was hooked.)
Dracula
A Question of Heaven

Thanks again Matt
Grinder

IT'S HARD TO PICK ONE...I GUESS SOMETHING WICKED IS COOL!

PROBABLY NIGHTMARES...

USUALLY THE SCREAMERS ARE THE TOUGHEST BECAUSE OF WHERE MY NATURAL VOICE IS BUT ONLY BECAUSE IT REQUIRES ME TO REALLY CONCENTRATE ON BREATH CONTROL TO KEEP THE INTENSITY.

DEPTHS OF HELL...DUH! ;)

GHOST OF FREEDOM

Hi Matt, I was also wandering about the Cauldron stuff...would be awesome to hear the original version of Last December and you singing death metal! I know there are people out there who own that demo, do you know where (if it is possible) I can get a copy?

Iced Earth:
Have you heard the new Iced Earth single? What do you think of the rerecorded trilogy with Tim Owens?

Pyramaze:
Will you change your vocal style for Pyramaze, (just wandering, since you have a very different vocal style from Lance), or will it be like it used to be when you sang for Iced Earth? How much will you take part in the songwriting proses??? (your lyrics are just poetry, really nice btw.)
Thank you for returning to metal and inspiring me with your incredible voice!:)
And thank you for writing Ghost of Freedom, the song that got me into Iced Earth, it is the most beautiful ballad I've ever heard! There will never be a singer like you!:)
Iced Earth:

I'VE HEARD THE NEW TRACK BUT NOT THE TRILOGY...THE TRACK SOUNDS LIKE ICED EARTH IS SUPPOSED TO SOUND.

I WILL DO WHAT I DO...THAT IS WHAT WAS REQUESTED OF ME...AND I HOPE THAT IS WHAT PEOPLE WANT TO HEAR! IT DOESN'T REALLY MAKE SENSE FOR ME TO TRY TO SOUND LIKE SOME OTHER GUY WHO HAS HIS OWN THING.

Howdy Matt, I can't believe I have a chance to actually get to contact you. You are my favorite singer of all time, no shit. I am one of your biggest fans :D Alrighty then, here's a question:

What Iced Earth song did you put most of your heart into while singing? Travel in Stygian off the Alive in Athens album, right after "And that's when I saw my destiny", the chorus, I always get goosebumps at the end of the chorus because it just sounds like perfect harmony with the fans singing along and everything.

I just want to know what you really sing for. The fans? The excitement? Oh, and just want to let you know that you singing Watching Over Me has a special place in my life. It would be really great to know that you acknowledge that. That you have really helped someone in their life by just singing it. I wish I could get the chance to talk to Jon Schaffer, he really is my hero. I've already met Hansi from Blind Guardian while at a concert in Austin, Texas. Good guy. I hope I could meet you sometime maybe if Pyramaze tours the US. I wish you good luck in Pyramaze, and hope you're having an awesome time. To the rest of the guys, Toke, Morten, Michael, you fucking rock and always will! :D

Jarad "Kanadwen" Morris
BOTH MELANCHOLY AND GHOST OF FREEDOM...THEY ARE PROBABLY THE MOST HEARTFELT...THOUGH YOU GOTTA FEEL THE LOVE WITH DRACULA!

I LIKE TO SING IN ORDER TO CREATE SOMETHING OF VALUE THAT CAN NEVER BE DESTROYED. WHEN YOU DO THAT, YOU NOT ONLY DO IT FOR YOURSELF AND FOR YOUR LISTENERS...YOU DO IT FOR YOUR CHILDREN...AND THEIR CHILDREN. MUSIC IS TRUELY INCREDIBLE IN THAT WAY!

Questions for Matt will only be answered in this thread - between the 14th and 16th of June (Both days included) fire away!

Hello Matt,good to have you again in metal scene.I just want you to know that i support you for your decision you have made because you,hopefully before getting old, understood that life and bussiness are different things.And something else.If pyramaze come to Greece we will welcome you as we did at Rodon 1999......
The questions i have for you are the following;
Have you stole the voice from God?
Will your son become a singer too?

A crazy greek fan of yours!

YOU ROCK
:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: