QUESTIONS FOR *Michael*

Hey guys'n girls!!

Thanks for all of your questions.
It's been fun!

The questions thread is now officially closed.
But 'un-officially' i will be checking it from time to time- and answer questions that i feel need answering.

Cheers!

Michael.

:devil:

Hey Micheal,

I just wanted to let you know that Pyramaze is one of the greatest band out there.It was a great decision to get Matt in the band(very smart).I was just wondering if you are going to release the dvd of your full concert at Progfest last year.Awesome job and I look forward to the new album.

I also would like to give you guys a thumbs up for this great idea of opening up a forum for each band member to answer questions. Hopefully this idea will catch on with all of our other fav bands.

I was terribly saddened when I heard that Lance was leaving Pyramaze. You guys had a magical chemistry. He is one of my absolute favorite vocalists. His performances on your 2 albums and the Balance of Power material is incredible. I didn't read anyone mentioning Lance. His melodic contributions need to be recognized.

Congrats on delivering Barlow! I will be picking this release the day it becomes available for sale! I hope you guys can hook up a show in the Chicago/Milwaukee area of the States once the touring begins.

On to my questions:

Can you explain how you guys are working out the writing of the new material? Are you going to write all the lyrics?.. or is Matt going to be given those responsibilities? How often will you be able to physically get together to practice and work things out?

Hey Micheal,

I just wanted to let you know that Pyramaze is one of the greatest band out there.It was a great decision to get Matt in the band(very smart).I was just wondering if you are going to release the dvd of your full concert at Progfest last year.Awesome job and I look forward to the new album.

I know that Lance is working on getting a DVD from Prog Power out to the fans. But when and if it will actually happen i do not know. It's pretty much in the hands of Nightmare Records (Lance's label). The material will have to be approved by me before a release, so if what i get to see is not of a good quality, i will not support a release of it.

I also would like to give you guys a thumbs up for this great idea of opening up a forum for each band member to answer questions. Hopefully this idea will catch on with all of our other fav bands.

I was terribly saddened when I heard that Lance was leaving Pyramaze. You guys had a magical chemistry. He is one of my absolute favorite vocalists. His performances on your 2 albums and the Balance of Power material is incredible. I didn't read anyone mentioning Lance. His melodic contributions need to be recognized.

Congrats on delivering Barlow! I will be picking this release the day it becomes available for sale! I hope you guys can hook up a show in the Chicago/Milwaukee area of the States once the touring begins.

On to my questions:

Can you explain how you guys are working out the writing of the new material? Are you going to write all the lyrics?.. or is Matt going to be given those responsibilities? How often will you be able to physically get together to practice and work things out?

Yes, Lance is a great vocalist. His singing quality was never a problem....
I'm glad you still support PYRAMAZE with a new vocalist - thanks.

Normally i write all the lyrics, but I've changed the recipe a little bit for the new album. I really wanted Matt to write something, and so I've asked him to do the lyrics for one song, and he has absolutely free hands for that one. Matt is a very gifted writer, and i have a very good feeling about letting him contribute with some lyrics. I'm still responsible for the music, but this time Jonah will have a "real" song on the album too. As some of you might have noticed Jonah knows how to put a song together :)

We only rehearse before studio or live shows. And Matt will only join our rehearsals before live shows - it's simply a matter of time and geography.

Hey Michael, could you possibly give me a break down of your equipment you use on-stage and on the recordings? Thanks!

Hey!

I'm not all too particular about that really.
Live I mostly use Marshall equipment for back gear - and either my Ibanez or Jackson guitar. In the studio I used my Ibanez RG the last time - the time before that was my Jackson Kelly. My Ibanez has been pimped up with new pickups by DD - one called METAL and one JAZZ. The amps i used for studio have been a mix between Marshall and Hughes & Kettner.

Michael.