QUESTIONS FOR *Matt*

Hey Matt,

One song by Iced Earth that made me fall in love with the band (and undoubtedly your amazing voice!) was Last December. I read somewhere that your old band, Cauldron, which was a band you had with your brother (so I've been told...) and that Last December was a song that Cauldron had done but with a different title. I found that strange since in the Burnt Offerings album it says that Jon wrote the song- not you. Just wondering if that was true or not... Also, I know it might be a little early to be asking this, but do you know where Pyramaze will be touring? PLEASE COME TO TORONTO I BEG OF YOU! I haven't been to a good concert in a long time... the last one being Iron Maiden in the fall....

Thank You
LAST DECEMBER WAS WRITTEN BY JON...IT WAS NOT ON ANY CAULDRON RECORDING. THE SONG IS ABOUT A REAL EVENT (A DOUBLE TEENAGE SUICIDE) THAT JON TOOK VERY MUCH TO HEART, THEREFORE, HE WROTE ABOUT IT. I'M SURE THAT HE WOULD APPRECIATE THE COMMENT.

† Sandra Dark Saga †;6327191 said:
Hi, Matthew... :)
I thought you weren't gonna check this anymore...
What a coincidence cause last night I was thinking "God, I asked him about 'Reaping Stone' and 'Im-Ho-Tep' and I didn't ask him about 'Diary' ohh..." :cry:

Well, Matthew... I have to say the lyrics for "Diary" almost made me cry the first time I heard it... it's a beautiful song and I love the vocals melody... specially that part... "in the twilight of morning I rest my weary eyes... for the benefit's of the night's bounty were many... my soul's been redeemed" :oops: what was your work on that song besides writing?

By the way, I know it's annoying the whole Tim vs Matthew stuff... people keep comparing him with you... I just guess no one is able to do a better work than yourself (metal god), no one sings better than you!!! but Tim is a good singer... :) maybe Jon should sing... I like his vocals...

Hope to see you live someday...
Best wishes to you and your family...
Stay tuned and keep metal alive!!!

Sandra.

NOJE-18s29ICED_368.jpg
HEY,

I'M GLAD YOU LIKE THAT ONE AS WELL. I DID THE LYRICS AND THE VOCAL MELODIES. THAT'S ONE THAT I HAD WRITTEN THE LYRICS FOR BACK WHEN I WAS A TEENAGER. VAMPIRES HAVE ALWAYS BEEN BIG IN MY IMAGINATION.

I DO HOPE THAT PEOPLE WILL AT LEAST REMAIN RESPECTFUL TO TIM, REGARDLESS OF THEIR OPINION. HE IS A VERY TALENTED PERSON.

Dear Matt,

First of all THANK YOU ! Thank you for the wonderful voice and music. Your singing has been best friend for me in times of great sadness and joy.
I've never dreamt about being able to contact you so big thanks for making this possible.
I would like to ask some questions regarding your profession and not only:
1. Could you comment on that, that USA is being converted into a "police state" by taking civil rights away from the citizens under pretext of terrorist threats created by those in power ?
2. How do you feel about the war in Iraq ?

Here are some less serious questions
3. Do you have a favourite book/books or author/authors ?
4.How long did it take for you hair to grow that long and how did you manage to sustain it :)) ?
5. Have you ever considered doing a concert in Bulgaria ? ( You are most welcome hehe, lots of fans here )

I realize you must be very busy so thank you once more for reading this.
It is great that you are back in music ! Looking forward to hear new songs from you and Pyramaze.

May you and your family be blessed as your voice is a blessing.

With utmost respect,
Rossen

P.S. Sorry, just couldn't keep it short :lol:
HELLO TO ALL!

I JUST WANT TO LET EVERY ONE KNOW...I WILL NOT BE DOING POLITICS ON THIS, OR ANY OTHER WEB PAGE. I AM HERE, IN THIS CAPACITY, AND I MUSIC TO ENTERTAIN. I WOULD NOT BE SO PRETENTIOUS AS TO PREACH TO ANY AUDIENCE ABOUT MY PARTICULAR AND PERSONAL BELIEFS.

AS FAR AS FAVORITE AUTHORS...FRANK MILLER IS CERTAINLY TOWARD THE TOP OF THE LIST. I LIKE HIS SENSE OF DARKNESS AND HE'S A BIT VIOLENT. IT ALSO HELPS THAT HE ILLUSTRATES HIS WORK...THE PICTURES HELP ME.

HAIR GROWS WHEN YOU DON'T SCREW WITH IT...

I 'VE NEVER BEEN TO BULGARIA...BUT IT'S ON MY LIST!

Hello Mr. Barlow! I must say that ever since I knew who you were, I have felt very blessed to share the same first name as you. Now onto the (slightly random) questions!

1. Do you ever play video games? Which systems and games do you enjoy most?

2. What do you think of Hansi Kursch (As a singer) and Blind Guardian?

3. What do you think of the whole Nu Metal scene, e.g. Slipknot, System of a Down, Disturbed, and others? I personally think that it is quite bland and tasteless, but it serves as a good door to get people into different genres of metal.

Hey Mr Barlow, Nice to see you back singing! I can tell you that a lot of people missed you, after all you are the greatest singer since Mr Dickinson! (i would say you were better but that would be blasphemy :lol: )

I have a couple of questions if you have some spare time.

1)Any plans to re-release any Pyramaze stuff with your vocals? I know IE did a lot of that and i was just thinking that it would be killer hearing your voice on Sleepy Hollow.

2) Have you heard Iron Maidens new album " A Matter Of Life and Death"? If so what do you think of it?

3) While we are on the subject of Maiden, What did you think of "The X Factor"? It is my personal opinion that it is underrated (It's actually one of my favorite albums and the raw anger on it reminds me slightly of Burnt Offerings(another one of my favorites))

3) What was the last album you listened to / bought?

4)What was the last film you watched / bought?

Sorry about the Crap-ness of the questions (as you can see, im no journalist). But in my defense, it's not everyday you get the opportunity to Speak to a legend!:worship:

Cheers!

Welcome back Matt! Wish you the best with Pyramaze and I really hope that your music is going to be something special, not what we hear everyday :)

I've got to say that although I am a metal fan I dont watch bands live,and the only live I been to was a IE live that was simply awesome.

You are one of my favourite vocalists along with Rob Halford (why do people have to get old :( ?) and Bruce Dickinson.

I've got to say also that I have heard a lot of "special" metal voices out there, but only a few of them were using their voices in a way that it was special, in a way that it would touch you. You are one of those few.

Ok no more sucking!

-I have always wanted to know how it feels when you are up at the stage singing. Do you get emotional when you are singing some "special" songs, do you feel what the crowd feels too, or is it like doing your job and nothing more?
-It looks like that your voice is different than the ex-pyramaze vocalist. Do you plan to adapt on their songs or do you plan to go on with your own unique style?
-Also how do you feel about the metal scene today? I mean, comparing metal now with metal in it's early stages, I am a bit disappointed. Every day you hear just another band, and nothing new or special, like metal music was from 1970 to 1995 or so.

Wish you the best with Pyramaze and I really hope to see you live again :)

P.S We can finally see your face now that you cut your hair!
THANKS...YOU KNOW, I DO GET EMOTIONAL WHEN I'M SINGING CERTAIN SONGS. I PUT AS MUCH EMOTION INTO SONGS WHEN I RECORD THEM, AND THERE IS ALWAYS A THOUGHT OR EXPERIENCE THAT PUTS ME THERE. THOSE IMAGES ARE REVISITED WHENEVER I PERFORM THAT SONG..WHETHER IT IS THE CRUCIFICTION OR A BATTLEFIELD.

AS FAR AS MY PERFORMANCE FOR PYRAMAZE...I'M JUST GOING TO DO WHAT I DO. I CAN'T BE MR. KING, ANYMORE THAN HE COULD BE ME. THIS BAND HAS A VERY GOOD IDEA OF HOW I SOUND AND WE ALL AGREE THAT THIS IS A GOOD MARRIAGE OF VOICE AND MUSIC.

I THINK THAT THERE IS STILL SOME REALLY COOL STUFF OUT THERE...YOU JUST NEED TO FIND IT. IT PROBABLY WON'T BE ON YOUR RADIO! WELL, MAYBE A FEW....

Dear Matt,

All i can say is that your time and particpation in Iced Earth truly means a lot to me. i remember i stayed up till 5 in the morning one night chatting with a buddy and the whole conversation was about how awesome you are. its an honor to make contact with you and i'd like to thank you and the rest of pyramaze for giving the fans this amazing oppurtunity.

here are a few questions:

1. it was asked before, but worded not so great, so you didnt understand it. there is a part in dante's inferno with very deep vocals, almost like chanting. the words are clearly not english. i heard a rumor somewhere that its basically just a bunch of different names for the devil. i keep hearing the word "natas" which happens to be "satan" backwords.

can you tell us what is being said?

2. how would you describe your relationship with Jon since you left IE? do you guys still keep in contact and such? i realize jon is an incredibly busy person at the moment.

3. realistically, is there any chance you guys will swing into chicago? ever since ive gotten into IE ive always wanted to meet you, but unfortunately that was after you had already left. hearing stories of people meeting you always gets me jealous lol.

4. have you been to any iced earth shows after your time with them? do you plan to?

5. whats your favorite memory from touring thru chicago? im also kinda curious as to what venue you guys played.

sorry for asking so much, but this is pretty much a once in a lifetime oppurtunity and i felt the need to seize the day.

thank you so much for all your responses so far.:headbang:
THAT STUFF IS PART LATIN AND PART B.S....IT JUST SOUNDED COOL!

JON AND I KINDA LIVE IN DIFFERENT WORLDS AT PRESENT...HE AND MY WIFE E-MAIL EACH OTHER WHENEVER IT'S POSSIBLE.

I HONESTLY CAN'T TELL YOU IF WE'LL BE IN CHICAGO...WE'LL DEFINITELY LET YOU KNOW IF WE PLAY ANYWHERE IN THE STATES OR EUROPE.

NO I HAVEN'T...I'D GO IF I WAS ON "THE LIST".

YOU KNOW, I WISH I COULD REMEMBER THE NAMES OF THE CLUBS, BUT IT'S BEEN A WHILE...HOW ABOUT SMILER COUGANS (NOT SURE OF SPELLING). I ALWAYS LIKED PLAYING CHICAGO WITH LARRY T., SINCE THAT WAS HIS HOME TOWN.

Hey bro,

Hey just to let you know that's bad ass u became a cop, I wanted to make it down there to New Orleans to go on a ride a long with u, that would've been bad ass, hopefully you got to kick some ass while u were down there, u gonna be a reserve cop now or what?

Well anyways everyone who heard you sign for Iced Earth is dying to hear you sing for Pyramaze, I'm sure you guys are gonna blast some epic shit, but my main question is why didn't you kick Tim Owens out of your spot in Iced Earth? It seemed like you were made for that band, but I'm sure once we all hear you sing for Pyramaze we'll all think you should've been with them all along, good luck man can't wait to hear the new metal.

-Chris "Dragonslayer" Garner
DUDE...

THANKS...

UH...I LIVE IN DELAWARE!

First off thanks for the music you have and will create! You are my top vocalist in my CD collection. I was born in Delaware but now live in Florida after getting out of the military. North Delaware is so crowded and has changed greatly since I lived there as a little boy. Just wanted to say hi and thanks......Can't wait to hear the next Pyramaze album \,,/
THAT'S COOL MAN. I LIVED IN FLORIDA FOR A FEW YEARS TOO. THANKS AND TAKE CARE DOWN THERE.

Hello dear Matthew...

I don`t expect an answer from you but I need to say hi and ask you something..

We met a lot of times at a Club in Germany in the City Offenbach, the Club was called Hafenbahn ( you remember that too hot and crazy club ? ) and since the Dark Saga you toured for every Album and made a show there with the final one for Horrow Show we needed to move to a bigger hall in Langen at the Stadthalle because you guys have been so famous at that time. It was always a pleasure meeting you...

Here comes a real compliment, my lovely girlfriend Linda ( thank heavens mine for almost 9 years now ) was never really a typical Metalhead like me, since she heard you singing on Something Wicked... she wanted to see you live and the first time she saw you singing live she said you are one of the best singers she has ever heard or seen on this planet - the best thing is that this was and is her honest opinion about your voice dear Matt.

The day we realized you are back in Pyramaze was the day we started to feel like something that has been missing for a long time has now returned back.

So just a few questions for you dear Matt.

1.) When can we hear you on some new Pyramaze tunes bro, it`s now almost August and we are really waiting for it.

2.) Didn`t you really missed doing shows for Rock Fans after you left Iced Earth ? Not talking about the Police Officer shows, altough I saw some pictures of you there and my girlfriend said: "Wow he still has that Stage Burning fever in his eyes...". You missed it, right ?

3.) Not a question...just statement. We love you bro, me and my girlfriend really do - so whenever and whereever - we will be there to see you live or buy records with you on it. Thank you Matt !!!

Best wishes from Chris & Linda !
HEY MAN...THANKS TO YOU AND LINDA! YEAH...I REMEMBER SWEATIN' MY JUNK OFF IN THAT PLACE MANY TIMES. I LITERALLY POURED SWEAT OUT OF MY BOOTS AFTER THOSE SHOWS.

1. NEW PYRAMAZE SHOULD BE OUT IN LATE SPRING '08. HOPE THAT'S SOON ENOUGH.

2. OF COURSE I MISS IT...WHO WOULDN'T! YOU GUYS ARE INCREDIBLY INSPIRING!

3. THANKS...WE'LL SEE YOU THERE.

Matt, you are one of the great ones. Although you might not be aware of it now, YOU ARE! And, I admire you immensely, and hope you stay as brilliant and inspiring as you always where. :)
YEAH...IT'S ONE OF MY WIFE'S RESPONSIBILITIES TO DEFLATE MY EGO ON A REGULAR BASIS!

JUST KIDDING...THANKS!

Mr. Barlow,

Ive been doing vocals for about five years now and youve been my biggest inspiration. Youve inspired me to really push myself and keep trying to do better. You are definitely one of the greatest vocalists to ever grace metal.

My only question to you is, how do you feel about the metal genre as a whole? and do you ever listen to any Death Metal?
I DON'T REALLY LISTEN TO D-METAL TOO MUCH...MAINLY BECAUSE OF THE VOCALS. I'M CERTAINLY NOT OPPOSED TO IT AND I CONSIDER IT A VIABLE AND ENTERTAINING GENRE.

Hi Matt
here is your brazilian friend Johnny :kickass:
good to talk with you again :headbang:

1- Which old Pyramaze songs that you would like to sing alive in the next tour?.

2- Which old Pyramaze songs do you think that will be better with your voice?.

Thanks man, and please come to Brazil with Pyramaze!!!

I always wanted to make questions, and was a little sad to see others guys to make repetitive questions. Things as: You it would come back if! You go to change the style to sing? Guy, this is not is attitude of headbanger! But without cometary add in relation this.

I know that many ask on when you go to have a sample of what they are making. I admit that also it would like to know. I know that many ask that you style will goes to touch, but go to ask different. Of these styles that I go to cite, which is near to what you go to touch?
Thrash? Power? Heavy? Other?:headbang:

And would like to also say that. Guy! you it made an enormous lack to the Metal, it saddens me the fact of that probably you it does not come to the Brazil for a Show, therefore you does not have idea of the amount of fans that you possess here, I am owner of a community in orkut called Pyramaze - Mattew Barlow, made a great edition of images, with you, the name and simbol of the band. Well, I spoke excessively! Matt, good work, I am certain that it will make the your better!

pyramazeebarlowrx3.jpg

Hell-O matt.

First of all, i'm proud to speak with you. I {WAS} the webmaster of the Bigger Iced earth French site. Was because i never can did an interview or any contact with the band ! I ask to the webmaster, the label and all imaginable people, but the answer still remans same : No answer lol So i posted a mail to the label, if i don't have a little interview with band, i kill the website... You know the present, IcedEarthFrance is out. And some others website on IE are down, just look their links page.

But stop speaking about IE, now i want to talk about pyramaze. I want to know if i spend time on the band, to create an amazing Website, can i trust in future interviews and meet when you come in France ? Or it's just a dream?!

Sorry for my bad english, I'm French, and in my country, we don't learn a good english at school :D

I'm verry proud to see your come back my friend, and i hope to meet the band just after a show, in France.

PS Remember a thing, Paris is not the only city in France, please come on Marseille, 2nd bigger city THX !!!!!!!!!

:headbang::headbang::kickass::kickass::kickass::kickass::kickass:

lordgregomen...
i had and actually have a thousand of answers for the band and webmaster :)
My site (BRAZIL UNDER ICE) is up and very well :)
Don't kill your site man... keep your mind just in music, Iced Earth and Pyramaze, because both kick some major assess! :)