QUESTIONS FOR *Michael*

Hello Michael!

When Lance left the band last year, who was the first option to replace him?
Did you think about anyone else or your plan was invite Matt to join you right at that time?
What did Matt answer to you? Did he accept your offer immediately or you have to insist?

Good luck to you! I hope to see you in Brazil next year!

Thanks!

Well, the inspiration for a song can come from a lot of different things.
Personal experiences, movies, books, folklore, legends, nature etc.-etc.
I tend to reflect on the world around me, and sometimes my thoughts
are wrapped in a fictional story. The riffs and melodies just tend to
emerge when i lock myself in my study and jam long enough.

Thats awesome... Thank you for touching base with me on that.

me and my friends have a skateboarding team. we are currently filming to make a small video with each one of us having a 5 or 6 minute part. my question is- can i put a pyramaze song into my video part? this isnt going to be a big widely distributed video or anything though. ill hook you up with a free copy if you do haha =P

Legend is by far one of the best songs I've ever heard, and will probably ever hear. As kind of a songwriter, I just wonder, what was your inspiration for Legend, if any?
And why can't I find even the slightest little sample of The Wizard anywhere?

/Uutela :worship:

Hello Michael!

When Lance left the band last year, who was the first option to replace him?
Did you think about anyone else or your plan was invite Matt to join you right at that time?
What did Matt answer to you? Did he accept your offer immediately or you have to insist?

Good luck to you! I hope to see you in Brazil next year!

Thanks!

My very first choice was Matt. I had found a "second choice" if Matt turned down the offer, but I'm not going to say who ;-) Matt did not say yes right away, but he was definitely intrigued by the offer and the band pretty much from the beginning. We talked for hours on the phone several times, and we also e-mailed back and forth for a while. I would say on a communication level we just clicked from the start. After he listened to our back catalogue and he tried singing some of the old Pyramaze stuff he finally gave me a definite yes. Matt has always been one of my
favourite singers, so i was very happy about his decision.

me and my friends have a skateboarding team. we are currently filming to make a small video with each one of us having a 5 or 6 minute part. my question is- can i put a pyramaze song into my video part? this isnt going to be a big widely distributed video or anything though. ill hook you up with a free copy if you do haha =P

Sure - feel free to use some of our material. But make sure that you credit
the band in the text. And remember, if you make serious money from this video,
then we have to talk about royalties ;-)

After he listened to our back catalogue and he tried singing some of the old Pyramaze stuff he finally gave me a definite yes.

Will there be any re-recorded versions of older Pyramaze material with Matt singing? or are we only going to hear Matt singing older material live.

What are your views on the illegal downloading of music? Do you think that the number of fans you gain due to easy (and free) access to your material makes up for the loss in cd profits? I know it's a fairly generic topic these days but i'm interested to know what you're viewpoint is more than the views of people in multi-million dollar commercial bands (who are the ones that tend to get asked that question).

Cheers, this Q&A idea is definately a good thing, if only more bands would take a bit of time to answer fans questions. Good on ya's.

Legend is by far one of the best songs I've ever heard, and will probably ever hear. As kind of a songwriter, I just wonder, what was your inspiration for Legend, if any?
And why can't I find even the slightest little sample of The Wizard anywhere?

I was inspired to write 'Legend' by the movie of same name with Tom Cruise and Mia Sara. It's a beautiful fantasy movie from the 80's. The pictures are very strong and produced with a dreamlike glare, and the story and all just inspired me to turn it into a song. So - watch the movie and tell me if i did a good job with the lyrics ;-)

I have no clue why you can't find a sample of the Wizard. Maybe people who bought the Japanese version with 'The Wizard' on it, just didn't want to put it on the net ;-) Which surprises me, 'cause today even our unpublished material find it's way to the internet months before it's in the store *sigh*......

Hey Michael,
I missed you guys at bloodstock last year, I live in Derby for god sakes aswell!
I was so gutted. You are definately my favourite band, and genre of music.

My question is, are you guys thinking of doing any tours in England, or possibly at Bloodstock or even Download?

Thanks a lot,
Rob

My very first choice was Matt. I had found a "second choice" if Matt turned down the offer, but I'm not going to say who ;-) Matt did not say yes right away, but he was definitely intrigued by the offer and the band pretty much from the beginning. We talked for hours on the phone several times, and we also e-mailed back and forth for a while. I would say on a communication level we just clicked from the start. After he listened to our back catalogue and he tried singing some of the old Pyramaze stuff he finally gave me a definite yes. Matt has always been one of my
favourite singers, so i was very happy about his decision.

So do I! He's one of my favorites too! I'm very happy that you brought him back!
I wish you the best and hope you play in my country some day!

Will there be any re-recorded versions of older Pyramaze material with Matt singing? or are we only going to hear Matt singing older material live.

What are your views on the illegal downloading of music? Do you think that the number of fans you gain due to easy (and free) access to your material makes up for the loss in cd profits? I know it's a fairly generic topic these days but i'm interested to know what you're viewpoint is more than the views of people in multi-million dollar commercial bands (who are the ones that tend to get asked that question).

Cheers, this Q&A idea is definately a good thing, if only more bands would take a bit of time to answer fans questions. Good on ya's.

For now we do not plan to re-record any old stuff. So with the new album it's all brand new songs. But we will surely be doing some of the old stuff live.

I'm against illegal downloading of music. It's like this: I spend months and months writing songs, we then spend weeks rehearsing them and then weeks in the studio (which is freaking expensive). We get some really cool artwork produced for booklet and cover and so on and so on. Then after all of this work certain people just rip it off the net and we don't see a dime. That's just not right. Imagine that you don't get paid to do your job - how would you feel about that? The problem is so big, that with today's huge studio expenses and management fees most metal bands even struggle to just recoup the money that went into the production. Since these are the facts, and we still produce music, i can truly say that Pyramaze is about the heart and the soul of the music- not the money (although getting some $$ is always nice of course). If people download a few songs to check out an album, and they go buy it afterwards, then i have no problem with it whatsoever. But downloading an entire album that you really want without paying for it just sucks!

I'm glad you appreciate that we take the time to connects with out fans via this thread endeavour :)

I must indeed check out the Legend movie, as soon as humanly possible. (Thanks for answering that first question by the way...) And here's another one, vad anser du om Dimebag Darrell? Or if you didn't get that, what do you think of Dimebag Darrell (ex guitarist for Pantera and Damageplan)?

Hey Michael,
I missed you guys at bloodstock last year, I live in Derby for god sakes aswell!
I was so gutted. You are definately my favourite band, and genre of music.

My question is, are you guys thinking of doing any tours in England, or possibly at Bloodstock or even Download?

Thanks a lot,
Rob

Thanks for the kind words.

I would personally love to play Bloodstock again. We had a great day when we performed there, and the fans gave us an awesome reception. If and when that will happen i don't know. We will not tour extensively, simply because our time doesn't allow it.