QUESTIONS FOR *Michael*

haha i bet thats crazy.

who do you consider to be the best guitarist in the world?

I'm the best of course!! - just kidding :lol: I think that i have to split this into two categories. 1. Rhythm guitars - definitely Jon Shaffer / 2. Lead guitars - André Olbrich - Now these guys may not be the technical best guitarists in the world, but on MY list they are at the top.

You rock man :

1st please may i have the bands outograph ill pay what it takes to get it lol
man ur music has gotten in to me Mike u have a beautifull music mind take care of it and hit us with the next albums of urz and may i say it wont take long 2 see you guyz compeeting huge bands like startovarius,angra,symphonyx,Dream theater....And maybe playin on the same stage ...

Man when i watched POWER PROG 2006 i bought the DVD the best bands in my opinion where PYRAMAZE & EPICA ..... ROCK ON DUDE .....KICK ASS....

Hi! Well, I don't know what to ask. I Just want to tell that you are a great composer, really.

Hmm... first question that came to my mind:

What do you do to keep being a balanced person, with a normal family, a normal life, being in a band with so much exposition on the metal scene these days?

::sorry for the bad english::

Hi,
first we want to say that you did great stuff in the last time.
We hope, Matt will interpret your songs like you imagine. We hope you don`t feel like under pressure after all the resonace and expactation from all Matt fans. The following will be great...we believe in you!!!
Did you think that there were such a hugh resonace from all the "old" fans and that so many people missed Matt?...hmmh? Don`t know anybody who didn`t miss him too.
Thank you for you great decision for taking Matt.

Cannot wait to listen to your new album!

many greetings from Germany... and don`t forget us if you go on tour! ;-)

Kati & Rico

hey michael I read an interview with Tom Morello from rage agains the machine, that he practice 8 hours a day, how much do you pracitice a day?

hey michael I read an interview with Tom Morello from rage agains the machine, that he practice 8 hours a day, how much do you pracitice a day?

I'm the best of course!! - just kidding :lol: I think that i have to split this into two categories. 1. Rhythm guitars - definitely Jon Shaffer / 2. Lead guitars - André Olbrich - Now these guys may not be the technical best guitarists in the world, but on MY list they are at the top.

Yeah, André is great!:kickass: I wander what you think of Jeff Loomis and Steve Smyth of Nevermore then?

Hey man by the way ... Who creat the Solos guitars for the songs u or toke or both of you guyz???

Come on you guyz when are we gonna hear the next album and see you live ???
ama gonna kick your ass :) lol we missed the music we wont more we wont more hahahahahhah tc care rock you guyz

Hey Michael...do you plan on doing any cover songs in the future, either on an album or as a bonus track? And you being a fan of Jon Schaffer, is there an Iced Earth song that you might like to cover?

I must indeed check out the Legend movie, as soon as humanly possible. (Thanks for answering that first question by the way...) And here's another one, vad anser du om Dimebag Darrell? Or if you didn't get that, what do you think of Dimebag Darrell (ex guitarist for Pantera and Damageplan)?

/Uutela :worship:

Sure i got it (Northman forever!!) :headbang: Although i understand Norwegian better than Swedish :p I've never really listened to any of Dimebag's material, so on that level i can't give you my opinion.

if you could go back in any period of history what period would it be?

I guess the late Viking age. Just to try and see how they really lived.
Tough men and women living in harmony with nature, eating lots of meat and drinking some good brew :kickass: Back when a fight was still a fight, when the thunder was still made by a dude called Thor, and where you could cross borders without passports and shit!

You rock man :

1st please may i have the bands outograph ill pay what it takes to get it lol
man ur music has gotten in to me Mike u have a beautifull music mind take care of it and hit us with the next albums of urz and may i say it wont take long 2 see you guyz compeeting huge bands like startovarius,angra,symphonyx,Dream theater....And maybe playin on the same stage ...

Man when i watched POWER PROG 2006 i bought the DVD the best bands in my opinion where PYRAMAZE & EPICA ..... ROCK ON DUDE .....KICK ASS....

Oh, so you'll pay what it takes huh - well, send me 10.000 dollars then please..... :D Thanks for your kind words. And i know why you like Epica, because of the chick who sings - right?? :D

Hi! Well, I don't know what to ask. I Just want to tell that you are a great composer, really.

Hmm... first question that came to my mind:

What do you do to keep being a balanced person, with a normal family, a normal life, being in a band with so much exposition on the metal scene these days?

::sorry for the bad english::

Thanks - i do what i can with what i have :)

Hmmm, good question.
I just try to not get sucked in by the idea of being a rock star.
Having a family that i love, and being a normal person during my daytime job
helps me keep my feet on the ground i guess. It's very much a conscious
decision that i don't want to get sucked in to the whole industrialized part of
the music business. I got into metal because of love for the music, and that's
still why i do it. I love the fans 'cause they support this dream, but at the
same time i like my life the way it is, and i don't want to be a fulltime "rock star".
Hmmmm, does this make any sense - 'cause it's damn hard to explain.
Anyways, it is a delicate balance act of course, but it's worked so far, although
some days it's hard (there's just not enough hours in a day)

Hi,
first we want to say that you did great stuff in the last time.
We hope, Matt will interpret your songs like you imagine. We hope you don`t feel like under pressure after all the resonace and expactation from all Matt fans. The following will be great...we believe in you!!!
Did you think that there were such a hugh resonace from all the "old" fans and that so many people missed Matt?...hmmh? Don`t know anybody who didn`t miss him too.
Thank you for you great decision for taking Matt.

Cannot wait to listen to your new album!

many greetings from Germany... and don`t forget us if you go on tour! ;-)

Kati & Rico

I kind of expected that many people where still missing Matt (i know i was) :p
I'm glad you're looking forward to the new album. We will kick some ass with that one. Hey, if you want to see us on tour, then tell the Wacken Festival to hire us!! :p

Oh boy - not nearly that much. That's totally impossible for me given my job and family etc.-etc. If i can get away with it i practise like 3 hours a week (sometimes less). And in the periods where I'm not rehearsing for shows or studio i might not pick up my guitar for weeks at a time. Right before a show or something i practise more of course.

Hey man by the way ... Who creat the Solos guitars for the songs u or toke or both of you guyz???

Come on you guyz when are we gonna hear the next album and see you live ???
ama gonna kick your ass :) lol we missed the music we wont more we wont more hahahahahhah tc care rock you guyz

For the first album i did all the guitar solos myself. Toke was not in the band yet back then. He joined us for the first live shows back in early 2004. On the second album Toke has created all solos but one. The solo on Ancient Words Within is the only 'real' solo that i play on Legend of the Bone Carver. I still write which chords the solo has to follow though. My job on the guitar includes ALL the rhythm and theme stuff. Toke doesn't touch that.