QUESTIONS FOR *Michael*

Hey Mike

If you could pick anyone...give me 3- famous people that you would like to sit down & have a drink with?

hmm im a day early but it feels cool being the first one here =D

my question:

what inspired you to pick up the guitar and what was your first guitar?

Actually a friend of mine persuaded me to take guitar lessons with him back in the school days. I was 16 or so. They needed exactly one more student to start a guitar class, and since i was already into rock and metal, it didn't take long for me to say yes. Once the class had started it didn't take many hours before i found out that what we were taught there was boring like shit! So i started playing on my own and became my own teacher. I've always had an ear for music, and i could often play a song pretty quickly after listening to it a few times (back then stuff like Metallica, Bon Jovi etc.) I soon realized that i needed my own electric guitar, and so the very first one i bought was a cheap Japanese produced model called 'Mad Axe II' or something like that. If you're looking for names of artists that inspired me to reach the level of guitar playing that I've achieved, then i would say bands like: Bon Jovi, Metallica, Aerosmith (those were the early days) - and later on bands like Iced Earth, Nightwish, Blind Guardian and other bands in that genre.

Any chance to hear some of the test demos you did with Matt? Just really anxious to hear what his voice sounds like now!!!

I don't think that we will ever make that public. We are talking about
very raw demos just with the rhythm guitar, drums and Matt. The demo stuff
was mostly to make Matt feel comfortable in the first place. Matt wanted
to be sure that his voice was a match for Pyramaze, and that's the main reason
for why we did those demos. There was never any doubt in my mind that Matt would
sound good on the Pyramaze material, but Matt had only heard the songs with Lance
on the mic of course, so he needed to be sure too.

We have some problems to find your original albums in Turkey, cause they were not published officially. Do you have any plan about signing a contract with a domestic company to publish your next album officially?

Actually a friend of mine persuaded me to take guitar lessons with him back in the school days. I was 16 or so. They needed exactly one more student to start a guitar class, and since i was already into rock and metal, it didn't take long for me to say yes. Once the class had started it didn't take many hours before i found out that what we were taught there was boring like shit! So i started playing on my own and became my own teacher. I've always had an ear for music, and i could often play a song pretty quickly after listening to it a few times (back then stuff like Metallica, Bon Jovi etc.) I soon realized that i needed my own electric guitar, and so the very first one i bought was a cheap Japanese produced model called 'Mad Axe II' or something like that. If you're looking for names of artists that inspired me to reach the level of guitar playing that I've achieved, then i would say bands like: Bon Jovi, Metallica, Aerosmith (those were the early days) - and later on bands like Iced Earth, Nightwish, Blind Guardian and other bands in that genre.

thanks for answering my question :)

Michael

Where do you draw your inspiration for writing songs and the riffs to fit the mood of that particular song?

Well, the inspiration for a song can come from a lot of different things.
Personal experiences, movies, books, folklore, legends, nature etc.-etc.
I tend to reflect on the world around me, and sometimes my thoughts
are wrapped in a fictional story. The riffs and melodies just tend to
emerge when i lock myself in my study and jam long enough.

Hey Michael!

1. Just came to me a few seconds ago, do you like use some kind of powder to keep your hands from sweating when playing live :)? Or does your hands sweat at all? Cause mine do if it's warm enough, then it gets really hard to play correctly.
2. If you are, what are you listening to just now?

I don't think that we will ever make that public. We are talking about
very raw demos just with the rhythm guitar, drums and Matt. The demo stuff
was mostly to make Matt feel comfortable in the first place. Matt wanted
to be sure that his voice was a match for Pyramaze, and that's the main reason
for why we did those demos. There was never any doubt in my mind that Matt would
sound good on the Pyramaze material, but Matt had only heard the songs with Lance
on the mic of course, so he needed to be sure too.

Thank you for answering my question and bringing Matt back to metal!:)

Hi Michael :)

Is there a estimated time about the concerts?

I suppose you mean when do we plan to play concerts? Next summer (2008) we will rock various stages for sure! We've had some tempting offers this year too, but we just don't have the time now that we are working on the new album.

We have some problems to find your original albums in Turkey, cause they were not published officially. Do you have any plan about signing a contract with a domestic company to publish your next album officially?

You are right - we have no deals for the Turkish territory. But we do have deals for all of Europe, so if you can't find the albums in your local stores, then you can certainly find them on the internet here:

www.amazon.com
www.nightmarerecords.com
www.cdonline.com.au
www.cduniverse.com

And many-many others.....

You can also buy them all on I-Tunes if you are equipped for that.
What kind of deals we will make/find for the new album remains to be seen....

Hey Michael!

1. Just came to me a few seconds ago, do you like use some kind of powder to keep your hands from sweating when playing live :)? Or does your hands sweat at all? Cause mine do if it's warm enough, then it gets really hard to play correctly.
2. If you are, what are you listening to just now?

No - i use no powder. But i could not do without a towel between the songs.
My hands sweat a lot while playing live too. This mainly because of three things:
1. It's mostly freaking hot on stage because of the stage lights and stuff.
2. There's always a little bit of nervousness attached to performing live, and that causes a bit more sweat too.
3. When you play a guitar intensively during a show for 1 + hour it's a bit like workout, so sweat is just a part of the deal ;-)

I'm not listening to any music right now. But 20 minutes ago i listened to the ProgPower 2006 live cd