QUESTIONS FOR *Matt*

I myself can't believe I'm getting the oppurtunity to ask you some questions Matt. I'll keep 'em short.

1. How do you feel being back on the Metal scene? Were you expecting such a warm welcome or were there people or fans who were less welcoming?

2. How is the Pyramaze style going to evolve considering your voice is much more stuied to earth-shattering metal as opposed to the lighter vocal styles on the last 2 albums?

3.Do you want to come to my house for dinner? I live in Scotland, so it'll pretty much be Haggis. That'll put some hair on your arse and it's better for your voice than gargling razorbaldes :headbang:

A quick thanks for A Question of Heaven 'afore I go, I cannae wait to hear you with Pyramaze!

Hello Matt!

If you had received two offers, one from Pyramaze and one from a band more famous and bigger than Pyramaze (like Maiden, Priest, etc.), but you'd have to left your job to join them and you could make a living only fronting the band, what would be your choice?

I'm anxiously waiting for the new Pyramaze album! I hope you come to Brazil in 2008!

Thanks!

Hey man! Glad to have you back in the metal scene! It was your voice that got me hooked on Iced Earth. Alive in Athens DVD was awesome- makes me wish I was there for it. Anyways, enough rambling. Just a simple question. Would you ever go back to Iced Earth? Obviously The Ripper is going to be with Iced Earth for a while, maybe even permenantly (but thats a rarity among Iced Earth I noticed...) but say if he were to leave Iced Earth, would you go back to them? Oh, and another question. Lance Kings voice on the Pyramaze songs is much different than your vocal style, I'm interested to see how you'd sing their songs with Lance's voice in them, are you going to try to 'mimic' his singing style for those songs?

Looking forward to your debut album with Pyramaze!

Hey man! Glad to have you back in the metal scene! It was your voice that got me hooked on Iced Earth. Alive in Athens DVD was awesome- makes me wish I was there for it. Anyways, enough rambling. Just a simple question. Would you ever go back to Iced Earth? Obviously The Ripper is going to be with Iced Earth for a while, maybe even permenantly (but thats a rarity among Iced Earth I noticed...) but say if he were to leave Iced Earth, would you go back to them? Oh, and another question. Lance Kings voice on the Pyramaze songs is much different than your vocal style, I'm interested to see how you'd sing their songs with Lance's voice in them, are you going to try to 'mimic' his singing style for those songs?

Matt,
First of all, I have to say this, as it’s been my first chance to since you re-emerged. You are my hero and my musical idol. It was because of your voice that I found heavy metal and stuck with it. It’s been almost six years now, and I still have The Dark Saga on my shelf.
Anyway, I’ll get on with the questions. Only two actually.
First, have you worked on expanding you vocal capabilities since you left Iced Earth?
Second, how well do you think your voice is blend with Pyramaze’s catalogue. I’ve only listened to What Lies Beyond (brilliant track) but Lance King has a higher voice that compliments the melody and keys. Then again, it’s a lot different live, as it is.
I can’t wait to hear your voice again, on something new.

Keeping faith,
Jordi

PS This is quite possibly the coolest birthday present I’ve gotten today, so far.

Iced Earth:

I'VE HEARD THE NEW TRACK BUT NOT THE TRILOGY...THE TRACK SOUNDS LIKE ICED EARTH IS SUPPOSED TO SOUND.

I WILL DO WHAT I DO...THAT IS WHAT WAS REQUESTED OF ME...AND I HOPE THAT IS WHAT PEOPLE WANT TO HEAR! IT DOESN'T REALLY MAKE SENSE FOR ME TO TRY TO SOUND LIKE SOME OTHER GUY WHO HAS HIS OWN THING.

Hehe...can't imagine you trying to sound like Lance, :lol: so Pyramaze will sound a bit more Iced Earthish ... wander if there will be any songs about hobbits attacked by vampires:heh: ...Thanks for answering my questions!:)

Hi, Matthew... :oops:

So great to have you back... First, I want you to know you're my favorite singer in the whole world!!! You’re the greatest and NO ONE will ever be greater than you...

OK, now... I wanted to ask you about "Im-Ho-Tep", what can you tell me about this song? I mean you're feelings and thoughts while singing and writing...
And also wanted to tell you... you look amazing on the Alive in Athens DVD, you're like a god, metal god!!!! :lol:
I hope to see you live someday... Colombian metal people would love to hear you sing... most of all: ME!!!

Best wishes, Matthew!!! :)

Matt_Barlow.before.jpg

Matt,

I've been a cop for about 7 years now and it was great to see you join the ranks. Lots of guys I work with aren't into metal at all. How do find your brother officers attitudes toward metal and your new band? Keep singing and stay safe man!

Hi Matt. It's cool to ask a question like this. :cool:

You have already answered to almost every question that i wanted to ask, but i still have one:
I saw once one interwiev, where the interwiever said something about some hidden message in Damien, if you listen it backwards. Can you tell me whats the "message"? Because i don't know how to listen songs backwards.

And I'd be happy if Pyramaze would come to Finland, because you are the best singer ever! :cool:

And if you like to hear Owens singing Prophecy and Birth of the wicked now, you can hear them here:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=pKEXE2ITaxk and
http://youtube.com/watch?v=qEsLXmYIxKQ&mode=related&search=
It's a shame that i don't have the single yet. :(

Questions for Matt will only be answered in this thread - between the 14th and 16th of June (Both days included) fire away!

Dear Matt,i am glad that i have the opportunity to contact you!!
From my earliest years i marvel you and for me you are a metal god with 3D VOICE:headbang: I will be thankfull if i see you in a tour in Greece!!
I have a couple of questions for you Matt:
First,will you ever come to Greece for a Live Show?
And the other question (of heaven) is...Which is your favourite song of paramyze and iced earth so far?
I hope to meet you again...In The Land of the wicked i walk alone..This is the path i choose!!

Hi Matt. It's cool to ask a question like this. :cool:

You have already answered to almost every question that i wanted to ask, but i still have one:
I saw once one interwiev, where the interwiever said something about some hidden message in Damien, if you listen it backwards. Can you tell me whats the "message"? Because i don't know how to listen songs backwards.

It's a excerpt from the movie The Omen III (I guess). It's spoken by Matt in the middle of the song, in the slow part before the solo. It starts with "Nazerene, what can you offer? Since the moment..." and ends with "...I will avenge thy torment!". It's repeated backwards in the end of the song.

Hey Matt welcome back!!

This is my first time posting here on the Pyramaze forum, but have been a fan for a little while now....
Anyway, basically have just two questions for you:

1. I saw that you were in a band with your fellow police officers, and was wondering what type of music you played and did you do it for fun, or was it more for charitable events and such?

2. I have always wondered how vocalists put such power and emotion into a song. When you sing, do you compare the lyrics with something that may have happened in your life? Or is it because it's just a damn good song?

Thanks Matt!! Looking forward to hearing you again soon....I'm sure it will be kick ass!!

~Annie

Thanks for the answers Matt and spending the time on here. Did you ever read in the other threads that a few of us were asking about the chances of ever hearing anything from Cauldron? If any music from the band exists anymore?

Grinder
YEAH...IT'S NOT THAT I'M ASHAMED OF THOSE DEMOS, BUT I WON'T BE RELEASING THEM TO ANYONE. I KNOW THAT THERE ARE SOME WHO HAVE THEM, AND THAT'S COOL...MAYBE THEY WILL SHARE. I JUST WOULD NOT PUT THE STUFF OUT THERE AND SAY, "HEY, CHECK OUT THE OLD DEMOS!"

Hello Matt,good to have you again in metal scene.I just want you to know that i support you for your decision you have made because you,hopefully before getting old, understood that life and bussiness are different things.And something else.If pyramaze come to Greece we will welcome you as we did at Rodon 1999......
The questions i have for you are the following;
Have you stole the voice from God?
Will your son become a singer too?

A crazy greek fan of yours!

YOU ROCK
:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
AS PART OF MY PROFESSION, I HAVE TAKEN AN OATH NOT TO DO THINGS THAT ARE UNLAWFUL. STEALING IS UNLAWFUL...STEALING FROM GOD...THAT WOULD BE EXTREMELY BAD!

THANKS FOR THE PROPS THOUGH!

HAIL HELLAS!

Hey Matt,

Hate we might not ever hear the Cauldron demo's but i understand.

Question: Do you ever read press about you? For instance i assume you are famaliar with the Blabbermouth site and sites like it? Whenever any story on IE or even Pyramaze now are mentioned it always turns into a Matt vs. Tim type thing. When you left IE...Jon posted a few posts about you leaving and while he was sad you left, he understood why but he made mention that people should not be so caught up in one person of a band or that they try and "live" through that person.

Now that you are back and those type stories are still on Blabbermouth that turn into Matt vs. Tim...the comments on your myspace page on how everyone was so happy you are back and how you changed their life etc... i will assume that makes you happy inside and all but i guess here are the questions...finally :)

When you left, did you read what people said and did you feel you might have let them down at all?

Now you are back and reading what people are saying do you feel any extra pressure or higher expectations to deliver what everyone wants to hear again?

Grinder

I myself can't believe I'm getting the oppurtunity to ask you some questions Matt. I'll keep 'em short.

1. How do you feel being back on the Metal scene? Were you expecting such a warm welcome or were there people or fans who were less welcoming?

2. How is the Pyramaze style going to evolve considering your voice is much more stuied to earth-shattering metal as opposed to the lighter vocal styles on the last 2 albums?

3.Do you want to come to my house for dinner? I live in Scotland, so it'll pretty much be Haggis. That'll put some hair on your arse and it's better for your voice than gargling razorbaldes :headbang:

A quick thanks for A Question of Heaven 'afore I go, I cannae wait to hear you with Pyramaze!
FIRST, EVERYONE HAS BEEN EXTREMELY SUPPORTIVE EXCEPT FOR THE GUY THAT TALKS ABOUT "BARLOW NUTHUGGERS"...THAT REALLY GIVES ME AN IDEA FOR A LINE OF METAL THONGS THOUGH! ANYWAY, FOLKS HAVE REALLY BEEN OUTSTANDING, AND I REALLY APPRECIATE THE KIND WORDS!

AS FAR AS THE MELDING OF MYSELF AND PYRAMAZE...I THINK IT'S GONNA BE REALLY COOL TO HEAR US LAY DOWN TRACKS AND I CAN'T WAIT!

THE ONLY REASON I KNOW WHAT GOES INTO HAGGIS IS BECAUSE I'M A HUGE "HIGHLANDER" FAN! BRING IT ON...BUT, THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!

Hello Matt!

If you had received two offers, one from Pyramaze and one from a band more famous and bigger than Pyramaze (like Maiden, Priest, etc.), but you'd have to left your job to join them and you could make a living only fronting the band, what would be your choice?

I'm anxiously waiting for the new Pyramaze album! I hope you come to Brazil in 2008!

Thanks!
WHAT RED BLOODED METAL HEAD WOULDN'T DREAM OF FRONTING IRON MAIDEN...HELL, BLAZE IS PROBABLY STILL IN SHOCK!

ULTIMATELY, THOUGH, YOU HAVE TO UNDERSTAND THAT THERE IS ONLY ONE IRON MAIDEN. ONLY ONE METALLICA. ONE SABBATH. THERE WILL ONLY BE SO MANY BANDS THAT CAN ATTAIN THAT LEVEL OF COMMERCIAL SUCCESS. NOT EVERY BAND CAN LIVE OFF OF THE MUSIC THAT THEY ENJOY MAKING. PERIOD.

THERE ARE ALOT OF BANDS, AS WELL, THAT MADE ALOT OF MONEY FAST. AS A CONSEQUENCE OF THERE SHOCK IN DOING SO, THEY PISSED IT AWAY AS FAST AS THEY EARNED IT.

I JUST WANT TO SING, DUDE!

I THINK THAT TIM IS THE BEST THING FOR ICED EARTH...I CAN'T SAY THAT ENOUGH.

NO, THERE WON'T BE ANY MIMICS...I DON'T THINK THAT MICHAEL AND THE GUYS HAVE ANY NOTION OF ME BEING A CLONE...I WILL ATTEMPT, HOWEVER, TO KEEP THE INTEGRITY OF THE ORIGINAL SONGS AS I DID IN I.E.

Matt,
First of all, I have to say this, as it’s been my first chance to since you re-emerged. You are my hero and my musical idol. It was because of your voice that I found heavy metal and stuck with it. It’s been almost six years now, and I still have The Dark Saga on my shelf.
Anyway, I’ll get on with the questions. Only two actually.
First, have you worked on expanding you vocal capabilities since you left Iced Earth?
Second, how well do you think your voice is blend with Pyramaze’s catalogue. I’ve only listened to What Lies Beyond (brilliant track) but Lance King has a higher voice that compliments the melody and keys. Then again, it’s a lot different live, as it is.
I can’t wait to hear your voice again, on something new.

Keeping faith,
Jordi

PS This is quite possibly the coolest birthday present I’ve gotten today, so far.
I HAVE BEEN DOING EXERCISES TO MAINTAIN MY CHOPS...I ALSO UNDERSTAND THAT MY VOICE IS QUITE A BIT DIFFERENT THAN THAT OF MR.KING, HOWEVER, IF YOU GUYS ARE WILLING, WE WILL GIVE YOU SOMETHING "NEW" TO LISTEN TO. IT'S GONNA BE COOL...PROMISE!