QUESTIONS FOR *Matt*

Hi Matt, thanks for the answer =) Greetings from Punta Arenas - CHILE (a very iced land in the south of the world x_x) you´re the LAW! =) keep your heavy voice powerful as always!

I have the last one petition from you, please? :D A salute from you to all your fans here in Punta Arenas (like Brothers and Sisters!) . thank you very much again!!

vivoacahi6.jpg

Hello again, mr. Metal god..:lol:

I was just watching the Alive in Athens DVD, specifically "Travel in Stygian" and I was thinking... it seems so easy for you to sing something like that!!! is it? which song do you think is the hardest one?

And... again with the songs... how did you get inspired to write "Dragon's Child"? I like a lot the "blackened water" stuff... and "men not returning when they've gone there"... again I ask you to tell me everything you want about a song...

Thank you for answering my other questions, it means a lot to me... :worship:

My best wishes and a huge kiss.. :oops:

Sandra

PS: You ARE the cutest (and the most talented on earth!!!)

MattBarlow.jpg

at what age did you get into metal? and how did you get into metal?

\m/(>_<)\m/
I WAS INTO STUFF LIKE AC/DC AND RUSH WHEN I WAS PRE-TEEN. I GOT INTO HEAVIER STUFF (MAIDEN, PRIEST, METALLICA, ACCEPT) A LITTLE LATER. MY BROTHER WAS MY BIGGEST INFLUENCE IN REFERENCE TO METAL.

BE TRUE TO YOURSELF BROTHER, AND THINGS WILL ALWAYS WORK OUT!

Hi Matt, thanks for the answer =) Greetings from Punta Arenas - CHILE (a very iced land in the south of the world x_x) you´re the LAW! =) keep your heavy voice powerful as always!

I have the last one petition from you, please? :D A salute from you to all your fans here in Punta Arenas (like Brothers and Sisters!) . thank you very much again!!

vivoacahi6.jpg
HEY, THANKS FOR THE MAP TO YOUR HOUSE!

TAKE CARE...AND STAY WARM!

† Sandra Dark Saga †;6260371 said:
Hello again, mr. Metal god..:lol:

I was just watching the Alive in Athens DVD, specifically "Travel in Stygian" and I was thinking... it seems so easy for you to sing something like that!!! is it? which song do you think is the hardest one?

And... again with the songs... how did you get inspired to write "Dragon's Child"? I like a lot the "blackened water" stuff... and "men not returning when they've gone there"... again I ask you to tell me everything you want about a song...

Thank you for answering my other questions, it means a lot to me... :worship:

My best wishes and a huge kiss.. :oops:

Sandra

PS: You ARE the cutest (and the most talented on earth!!!)

MattBarlow.jpg

THANKS, AGAIN...USUALLY THE SCREAMERS ARE THE TOUGHEST BECAUSE IT IS VERY TAXING ON THE LUNGS...BREATHING IS HARD TO DO SOMETIMES WHEN YOU ARE EXTRUDING SO MUCH OUT.

THE IDEA FOR DRAGON'S CHILD WAS MORE OF A FOLKLORE KIND OF THING THAN THE ORIGINAL MOVIE IDEA. I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE A LOT MORE ACCESSIBLE AS A TRUELY SCARY STORY THAT WAY.

HEY GUYS,

THANKS FOR THE GREAT RESPONSE ON THIS THREAD!

I'M NOT SURE WHETHER OR NOT IT WILL REMAIN OPEN AFTER THIS BUT I WILL CONTINUE TO CHECK IT AND CONTINUE TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS FOR AS LONG AS I CAN...AS LONG AS THEY DON'T START TURNING INTO, "HEY, WHAT'S A GOOD RECIPE FOR A PARTY DIP?"

I THANK YOU ALL AGAIN, FOR YOUR PARTICIPATION. I THINK THAT IT WAS VERY HELPFUL FOR US TO KNOW WHAT YOU GUYS ARE THINKING AND I HOPE THAT IT WAS A GOOD EXPERIENCE FOR YOU.

YOUR ALL FANTASTIC...TAKE CARE!

BARLOW

hello man im very happy you have returned to kick ass :headbang: i have one question will you please sing WAYCHER OVER ME someday in PYRMEZE?:worship: man that song its my favorite and to be honest i dont want to hear it with TIM i really want to hear your powerfull voice in PYRAMAZE im looking forward to hear this band new album. see you man.

REGARDS FROM MONTERREY CITY, MEXICOOOOO HOPE PYRAMAZE COMES HERE SOON.

FROM DESTRUCTOR DEL TIEMPO

LOST IN THE TIME VORTEX. HEAVY METAL FORTRESS.

First, let me say I really admire all LEOs, especially fellow Rockers. I served in the US Army for 6 years, so I understand the need to serve. I know it's past the deadline, but I will ask 3 questions anyway and hope they get answered...
1. I know that you were involved in getting Spirit of '76 ready to open (I have an interesting story about my visit before the opening that I'll PM to you if you want).. are you still involved in any way, do you have a piece or a share in that???

2. If a small underground band came out to Delaware, would you be interested in coming up and singing an IE or Pyramaze tune or 2 with them ust for fun?

3. I saw that you checked out someone else's video, so would you be so kind as to take a listen to these, keeping in mind that they are not mixed, tell me what you think and guess who the singer is on Battle Cry of Freedom (hint - you've toured with him before)?

http://www.battlecryband.com/music/battlecry.mp3
http://www.battlecryband.com/music/battlecryoffreedom.mp3
http://www.battlecryband.com/music/osiris.mp3

Great to have you back on the scene!!!

Hey Matt... It was a glorious day when I read you were returning to metal. Then there was the added bonus that you were joining one of my favorite bands.

I was deeply saddened when you left us, but I completely understand the importance of supporting your loved ones. I am sure it is much easier for those of us that that have families to understand this.

I was lucky enough to see you perform with IE back on your Horrorshow tour with Megadeth. I caught a show that was in some little town in central Wisconsin. I really appreciated hanging out with you in the retail area for 15 minutes while Megadeth was playing.

I have since seen IE version 2 with Ripper. They still put on a great show, but it is sad to hear your songs being sung without any bottom end. Ripper is one heck of a screamer, but he doesn't have the smooth low melodies that you blessed us with.

I have one question for you:

Your performance on Alive In Athens was mind blowing. Did you sing any of the vocals in the studio and mix them into the final recordings? We are all curious on how much technology is being used these days in creating live CDs/DVDs.

Thanks for your time and the music. I can't wait to purchase your next offering with Pyramaze.

Norm

Hello Matt!

Well, I'm from Chile and I'm a very strong fan of you and your ex-band (T_T), i believe sincerely that you are the best metal vocalist EVER in the history!!... Iced Earth will never sound like with you man... Tim does what he can, isn't bad, but he haven't the passion and scenic presence as you possess it...You fucking rocks!!!

Going on to my questions:

1.-On the "Something Wicked..." album in the song "Melancholy (Holy Martyr)" talk about Jesus and his sacrifice for human kind... Do you believe in God?, Which is your relation with the christianity?.

2.- What were you doing to support your voice with the many shows? I'm an amateur vocalist, in fact last year i was a vocalist of an Iced Earth's tribute band (called STYGIAN :p), but after many essay or live show, my voice was remaining almost ruined :erk: , overcoat after singing songs like "Travel in Stygian", "The Path I Choose", etc. Give me some advice please!

3.-At some time, after having left the band 2003, I imagine that you were listening to the discs that you recorded with Iced Earth, or you were singing there someone of your favorite songs, probably those that you wrote. When this happened...Did it give to you desire of coming back to the band some time?.

4.- (And last XD) Which is your current relation with James MacDonough and Larry Tarnowski? They are your other 2 ex-partners who accompanied you for long years in the tours of the band and nowadays they aren't in Iced Earth either.

Being grateful to you very much for the answers and apologizing the extensive of these, I finish it, without before asking you to order a greeting all your fans from here in CHILE; in my country the Metal is a great movement, and generally so much people go to the concerts of foreign bands (that are the majority).

I'll be waiting for the response, Metal God, and come to my country with Pyramaze...Stay Metal!! :worship:

Dear Matt,

First of all thanks for all your past work....it inspired me, enlightened me and got me through some rough times. It's good to know you are back. :)

You also inspired me to take up singing....I learned a lot from my singing teacher and from experience. But since I'm also a bass-baritone and I use several techniques you use....I would hope you could help me solve something that's still pretty mysterious to me.

*sound engineering a voice* o_O

When you're not in a pro band you have to do this yourself....I just want to sing..but since I'm no pro, I have to do this myself :cry:
Can you tell me what you, or the pro-sound engineers do to your voice when performing live in regard to:

-high/mid/low/gain : What's the best mixture for rasp, clean, falsetto?
-compressor/limiter: Is usage worth the feedback dangers?
-effects : any tips?

Sorry for the tech talk....but I feel only you are the only one who can help me out with this.

Anyway I wish you all the best with Pyramaze and I'll look out for the first tour!

hey matt,

don't know if you'll actually get around to reading this but you're a deadset legend and by far my favourite metal singer.

just wondering how many arrests you've made in your career so far...and also have you ever shot/shot at anyone?

Cheers from Australia :headbang:

HEY GUYS,

THANKS FOR THE GREAT RESPONSE ON THIS THREAD!

I'M NOT SURE WHETHER OR NOT IT WILL REMAIN OPEN AFTER THIS BUT I WILL CONTINUE TO CHECK IT AND CONTINUE TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS FOR AS LONG AS I CAN...AS LONG AS THEY DON'T START TURNING INTO, "HEY, WHAT'S A GOOD RECIPE FOR A PARTY DIP?"

I THANK YOU ALL AGAIN, FOR YOUR PARTICIPATION. I THINK THAT IT WAS VERY HELPFUL FOR US TO KNOW WHAT YOU GUYS ARE THINKING AND I HOPE THAT IT WAS A GOOD EXPERIENCE FOR YOU.

YOUR ALL FANTASTIC...TAKE CARE!

BARLOW

Damn. I only found this thread today.

Anyway, i just want to take the chance to say that in my book you are one of the top 3 vocalists ever, right there with Dio and Dickinson. I really miss your voice in IE, hell, i really miss your voice, period! I'm glad you returned to Metal, we need a voice like yours. :headbang: I was extra glad because i already was a Pyramaze fan!:)

I really enjoyed reading this thread and all the care and trouble you had to answer everyone. Most of the questions i WOULD like to ask you are already taken care, so i thank you, and everyone who asked them! Anyway, i read that the distance factor is still a big issue for you guys, will it make it difficult for the band? I read as well that there won't be big tours and just some festivals, which is a shame, because i HIGHLY doubt that Pyramaze would ever come here, to Portugal. Anyway, maybe i'll find you in any of the european festivals one day.

BTW: i saw IE here in Portugal, during the "Horror Show" tour. One of the best gigs i've seen. Do you remember any of it? It's ok if you don't!:lol: :lol: :lol:

:worship:

Hey Matt just incase you do check this again . This is Rodney Beasley(Burnt Offerings) Rememeber me lol .. Just wanted to say I am very glad to see your back in the game!! I enjoyed our time as brothers in IE. Sorry it ended as it did. It has been nice to see your career blossom as it did as you indeed have a following of your own and it is well diserved. I can't wait to hear the new material with Pyramaze, these guys are awesome!!...Take care my brother.

Rodney

Rodney

HEY ROD!

I JUST GOT BACK TO THIS THREAD AND FOUND YOU HERE. IT'S GOOD TO HEAR FROM YOU MAN. HOPE THAT EVERYTHING IS WELL WITH YOU. THANKS FOR THE THOUGHT IN LEAVING ME A NOTE. DROP OVER TO THE MY SPACE PAGE AND GIVE ME A MAIL. HEY MAN, I STILL KNOW THAT IF NOT FOR YOU, I NEVER WOULD HAVE GOTTEN A SHOT AT I.E. SO, THANK YOU BROTHER!

MATT

hello man im very happy you have returned to kick ass :headbang: i have one question will you please sing WAYCHER OVER ME someday in PYRMEZE?:worship: man that song its my favorite and to be honest i dont want to hear it with TIM i really want to hear your powerfull voice in PYRAMAZE im looking forward to hear this band new album. see you man.

REGARDS FROM MONTERREY CITY, MEXICOOOOO HOPE PYRAMAZE COMES HERE SOON.

FROM DESTRUCTOR DEL TIEMPO

LOST IN THE TIME VORTEX. HEAVY METAL FORTRESS.
I DON'T THINK I'LL BA ABLE TO DO THAT SONG. IT IS AN ICED EARTH SONG. IT IS JON'S SONG...ABOUT HIS FALLEN BROTHER. ENJOY IT AS AN ICED EARTH SONG.