Rahvin Totally Rules!

Originally posted by rahvin

not exactly an insult. it's a way of saying "bat", as in "rat that flies" in a dialect both me and hyena know quite well. ;)

rahvin. (links to other incidents are just coincidental)

Damn, I should have realized that, I know volare after all :D

Salamurhaaja. (lives to backstab another day)

Originally posted by Thanatos

No Capish??? :confused:

that's the ticket. :p
"capeesh" derives from italian "capisci", which means (more or less) "you know". but that's the way ppl in the south of italy say it, and mostly ppl from the south of italy went to the states during the xxth century, whereas ppl from north-western italy went mostly to argentina.
so, "rata vouloira" is a word in a dialect belonging to north-western italy, and ppl from the south likely won't understand a word of it, as much as me and hyena wouldn't understand somebody going "capeesh" at us, except for the fact that, well, that's an obvious word. :p
there are very strong differences between the various italian dialects. i'm much more likely to understand someone speaking french than someone from, say, calabria (italian region) talking fast in his/her own dialect. :)

rahvin. (self, explanatory)

Well back to the matter at hand, is there anyway I could get a shirt with a pick of Rahvin wearing a cowboy hat, drunk with a bottle of Jack, roaming the mean streets of whatever town you live in in Italy?

my shirt is already shipped :)
now the stickers are printing....and the tattoo is beeing dooooooarrrrrrrghhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

fathervic (a rahvinist, as always stated)

rat that flies? bat? Is this an indirect reference to me? ;)

Originally posted by Salamurhaaja
Just do a search for Phyre, you see how genius he is, I mean the attitude and feeling he packs into his posts is incredible.
Try the AT THE GATES - "With Fear I Kiss The Burning Darkness"-thread for example, I mean that is so good and don't even get me started on the Useless statistics-thread :D

phyre is way cool and worshippable. Um... I'll stop talking now. :D

@thanatos: contrary to some other languages ridden with dialects (say, chinese), italian has an "official" version that is really into widespread use and understood by almost everyone, at least in the new generations. the fun part of all this dialect stuff is that rahvin, me and livio - a friend of ours whose parents speak nothing but northern dialect - are labeled way mafia, even though no one among us comes from the south and we don't understand a word of southern dialects.

hyena (i miss that special someone)

@ladycal: if you're gonna ask them people you'll have to rename that site the "rahvin's slander webpage". :p :p

but did anyone notice how kind is this young german girl? :)

rahvin. (oblivious to the score)

Dunno. What is a recession? :p

I thought to lift up this thread too, but then thought to give the poor guy a break ;) :p :p

Ok.. So this is what happens?

One should never let boards roam around... :D

-phyros ( in dire need of sleep, needs a teddy )

I just saw ladycal's rahvin fan page. i guess i'll email with some nice info :lol:

hyena (take these stupid mirror balls and smash them into bits)

well grown dwarves already cry all the time because they cannot quite fit in.

hyena (i almost wish now was that day)