rasism - what should i do?

Sopel

the crestfallen
Jan 4, 2002
southern Poland
sopel.webd.pl
there's polish forum - im its admin and moderator. we talked about what happened in madrid, and it turned out that one of users is extreme racist. she started to talk about 'worse people', that "nigers" are thiefs and worse, that jewish are bad and shit like that. she was very sworn defending her views, being proud that she's individual one, not beguiled by mass thinking, that everyone shouldn't be equal. i must admit i have been a little shocked by ferocity of defending this 17-years old girl own sick opinion. and there's my question... what should i do? should i accept her views and one's right to express her own opinion and don't give a shit about it, or maybe i should ban her? should we leave racicts alone or stigmatize them?

as long as she doesnt use any foul language, i think everyone is entitled to their opinion, sopel. im a mod on a turkish forum, too and theres no way im banning anyone for their opinons as long as he/she states them in a proper manner...that is: no swearing.

but, however, i always have huge fights with those kinds of people. but thats another thing. but no banning.

actually they exposed themselves. but can one still talk normally with such a person, whose views you abhor so much? :-(
what can i do to expose her more is to say she's a member of this forum as well. her nickname is faelivrin. i wonder if she will be defend her opinion with such a ferocity here too.

Sopel said:
actually they exposed themselves. but can one still talk normally with such a person, whose views you abhor so much? :-(
what can i do to expose her more is to say she's a member of this forum as well. her nickname is faelivrin. i wonder if she will be defend her opinion with such a ferocity here too.

Dunno, can't really see why you would want to, but at the same time, I guess there's an urge and almost obligation to get them to open their eyes.

This past week on my way home from school, I walked past this mother and daughter, I guess they were muslims 'cause they were wearing veils, this typically Daniish 50-year-old, beer-tummyed and that, was riding by on a bike and yealled at them that they should just lie down in there and "save" us the trouble, pointing at a graveyard right by that road. One comment and I had my mind made up that this guy was pure evil, so sad. I was about ready to jump at him and tell him some truths, gave him a loathful stare instead and strangely, it seemed like he looked down in disgust at himself. tough question, is it ok to consider some people beyond reach? I'd answer no in theory, but that incident in mind, I dunno really. I guess reaching people like that with common human decency would be quite a thing, hard to believe in it though.

Damn, babble mode on tonight, sorry.