rasism - what should i do?

i know, its just that some people wonder "oh, why do they hate us?" well of course someone will hate you when you opress them for hundreds of years.

snow2fall said:
You may be right about one thing: Not everyone's equal - racists are the lowest creatures that I can imagine...
How many people of different origin, different colour of skin, different culture do you know personally? Probably none. Otherwise you would think and talk differently.
i know. in my primary school was black guy. he fighted other boys and he staeled... After this he get laid off..... at my class now i have jew. i don't like her not because she is jew but she is just stupid... my parents knows jews and most of them they don't like... black people more often are agressive... i know in every race are bad people... and i usually have nothing for them... but i just don't like jews because in poland there's many of them and they are erm.. bad... ( i don't know how to say it clearly... echhh...............)

toolsofthetrade said:
yer too late for that girl.
go watch some documentaries or films based on certain periods in the past... read some books and talk to people.
go live some place on the other side of the world where you totally feel out of harmony with the ppl or the customs surrounding you. be born under a non-christian religious banner or try having ancestors that have been subject of slavery or genocide throughout the centuries.
then come back and tell everyone that you still support the words you numbly copied, words based on fear. words lacking any kind of factual or constructive substance. its just empty.
i TOTALLY agree with what pieter says here. have you ever been exposed to anything outside your own town, have you ever been displaced among people and customs that are unfamiliar to you.
opinions are and should be based on experience, you agree with this because you draw on examples from schoolwere a black kid beat on a white kid or whatever, so you use experience to form your racist opinion. but, you will notice how base your opinions on experiences like this one which are already racist. how can you form a true opinion of your own if you are only looking at situations were there is already a divide?
i am only 18 so i dont speak as teh voice of wisdom here, but i think you are a little too young to have such strong convictions. it suggests that they are more likely based on tradition and stigma than on genuine experience of the world and other cultures.
just because yer ma knows a jew or two doesnt make you or her an expert on jewish tradition or fit to judge their place in society or on a world scale.
you seem to elevate your own worth, have you ever considered that you just like every other person of ethnic variety, are such a spec of dust, a nothing on the grand scale of things - you, as one of these minute particals, have no qualifications to judge others. i am not judging you either before you misinterpret, i am merely trying to make you question the basis of your opinions. id quite like you to pm me actually, i wont rant at you or anything and i am quite willing to accept any opinion if i deem it based on good grounds, a well constructed argument, but i cant see how this is well constructed atm, i maybe wrong thought, pm me.

Faelivrin said:
i don't wanna!!!!!!!! maybe i want to find my place in the world but i'm sure my place isn't near people who thinks everybode is equal.
apparently a lot of ppl here are convinced everybody is equal, have equal rights, and good ppl and bad ones are to be found everywhere,so.....

and about your sig: no i DO NOT understand you, and i CANNOT understand your (or anybody elses) racist point of view. i think it's all dictated by fear as tools said.....sad , sad, sad.....

im nut sure whether it's fear. anyway it looks like fanaticism. on polish forum she said we all are blind pacifists (?!?!?) and anti-racists - we all think the same way - we think like the masses and don't have individual point of view as we don't accept racism. she was (is) proud of not being part of society that are clones thinking the same. a little mad, don't you think?

well, fanatics are the worst imo. no matter how you try, you'llnever convince them to think different...but in general i think racism originates from fear,fear of change,of everything and everyone that's not like you, of having to give up things....

and yes, if you want to be original, please do it in a more possitive, constructive way!

aahh! ffs! ppl are the same all over the world, how can one possibly think he's better than anyone else???????

Not conforming to opinions heard around you includes seeing for yourself whether or not it is true what people say about black or jewish people. Clearly, this is not the same as taking a racist point of view without arguments! And this is also not the same as basing your opinion of an entire race of people on just a view experiences you had or heard from others! The comments made by Faelivrin smell like herd mentality to me...