Rate Last Videogame you played , write a one sentence review.

$50 tech demo.

If this is about Portal 2, then I have a hard time understanding it. Portal 2 uses the same Source engine that Half-Life 2 used in 2004, hardly anything worth doing a 'tech demo' for.

The last time I remember Valve doing an actual tech demo was the Lost Coast for Half-Life 2 that showcased HDR, which was indeed fairly new to gaming then. Before that, there was the Source tech demo shown at E3 etc... That's about it, they don't really show off new stuff all that much, but rather just integrate it into existing titles using the Source engine.

If this is about Portal 2, then I have a hard time understanding it. Portal 2 uses the same Source engine that Half-Life 2 used in 2004, hardly anything worth doing a 'tech demo' for.

The last time I remember Valve doing an actual tech demo was the Lost Coast for Half-Life 2 that showcased HDR, which was indeed fairly new to gaming then. Before that, there was the Source tech demo shown at E3 etc... That's about it, they don't really show off new stuff all that much, but rather just integrate it into existing titles using the Source engine.

Well, Portal 2 would be a _GREAT_ tech demo showcasing the unknown capabilities of the Source engine.
And i can totally understand that some people see portal as a boring game and just a tech demo, personally i loved the first one though, and i cant wait for portal 2 to drop down to 20$ so that i can afford to buy it. ;)

I just picked up Mortal Kombat 9 today and absolutely love it. I haven't felt this giddy playing MK since MK 1, 2 and 3. This shit is tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

mortal kombat 10/10

well actually, i am a little bit disapointed.
the game will not be released in germany so
i had the chance to get the UK/US or the (AT) austrian.
i decited to go with the AT which was a big mistake.
playing story mode atm and the german voices suck so hard,
never heard such an bad sync in a game :lol:

10 minutes on a cracked version of Portal 2 has totally sold me.
Genius writing.

Was hearing a lot of complaints, wahhh loading screens, waaahh console port. Blah blah blah, overentitled little shits.

Portal 2 is incredible and if you don't think so too you must be STUPID. :headbang:

Yes seems mk is great from all reviews
I miss the crappy "digi-scanned" characters from the first one lol

i've heard some rumours, seems like they will
make a remake HD version of MK I-III old crappy
style but with enhanced ALL NEW graphics, so basically they will.

Was hearing a lot of complaints, wahhh loading screens, waaahh console port....

I read some things on the forum where people were talking of it being ported from console. Do these people know Valve? Of all game developers they will be the last one to port something from a console version. Why spend $50 on a game you haven't played or know nothing about anyway? I loved the first portal and I am still waiting until this is $20 or less.

10 minutes on a cracked version of Portal 2 has totally sold me.
Genius writing.

Was hearing a lot of complaints, wahhh loading screens, waaahh console port. Blah blah blah, overentitled little shits.

Portal 2 is incredible and if you don't think so too you must be STUPID. :headbang:

Just a typical elitist PC gamer rant aha. :lol:

Also a massive +1 from me, Portal 2 is most probably going to be my game of the year (unless Battlefield 3 is as good as it looks in the trailers).

mortal kombat 10/10

well actually, i am a little bit disapointed.
the game will not be released in germany so
i had the chance to get the UK/US or the (AT) austrian.
i decited to go with the AT which was a big mistake.
playing story mode atm and the german voices suck so hard,
never heard such an bad sync in a game :lol:

the game is region free. the same version is shipped all over the planet. I have the US version and still german voices... and yeah... they suck.

Mortal Combat - 10/10

What more could anyone want from a 2D fighting game? Holy shit man, this game is fantastically brutal and intense.

Spent more time with Portal 2 after that post. Puzzles aren't quite as fun in the same kind of really raw sense of Portal one. But it's essentially re-treading the same ground but adding more to character development and comedy and atmosphere, and I'd say that Portal 2 comes out on top for me. Will play more but I gotta go hit up the beach, too nice to sit indoors playin' video games.

Wheatly totally rules. Being a denizen of the south-west, his accent has provided many a lol.