Rate Last Videogame you played , write a one sentence review.

c'mon guys, SONY didn't hack itself...FUCKING HACKERS not fucking sony ;)

Yeah but fuck sony for have the shittiest security ever and taking 6 days to notify us that our info was stolen. Have you ever heard of this shit happening with iTunes or Amazon? This is fucking ridiculous. I just got this email-

PlayStation(R)Network

===================================

Valued PlayStation(R)Network/Qriocity Customer:

We have discovered that between April 17 and April 19, 2011,
certain PlayStation Network and Qriocity service user account
information was compromised in connection with an illegal and
unauthorized intrusion into our network. In response to this
intrusion, we have:

1) Temporarily turned off PlayStation Network and Qriocity services;

2) Engaged an outside, recognized security firm to conduct a full
and complete investigation into what happened; and

3) Quickly taken steps to enhance security and strengthen our
network infrastructure by rebuilding our system to provide you
with greater protection of your personal information.

We greatly appreciate your patience, understanding and goodwill
as we do whatever it takes to resolve these issues as quickly and
efficiently as practicable.

Although we are still investigating the details of this incident,
we believe that an unauthorized person has obtained the following
information that you provided: name, address (city, state, zip), country,
email address, birthdate, PlayStation Network/Qriocity password and login,
and handle/PSN online ID. It is also possible that your profile data,
including purchase history and billing address (city, state, zip),
and your PlayStation Network/Qriocity password security answers may
have been obtained. If you have authorized a sub-account for your
dependent, the same data with respect to your dependent may have
been obtained. While there is no evidence at this time that credit
card data was taken, we cannot rule out the possibility. If you have
provided your credit card data through PlayStation Network or Qriocity,
out of an abundance of caution we are advising you that your credit
card number (excluding security code) and expiration date may have
been obtained.

For your security, we encourage you to be especially aware of email,
telephone and postal mail scams that ask for personal or sensitive
information. Sony will not contact you in any way, including by email,
asking for your credit card number, social security number or other
personally identifiable information. If you are asked for this information,
you can be confident Sony is not the entity asking. When the PlayStation
Network and Qriocity services are fully restored, we strongly recommend that
you log on and change your password. Additionally, if you use your PlayStation
Network or Qriocity user name or password for other unrelated services or
accounts, we strongly recommend that you change them as well.

To protect against possible identity theft or other financial loss, we
encourage you to remain vigilant, to review your account statements and
to monitor your credit reports. We are providing the following information
for those who wish to consider it:
- U.S. residents are entitled under U.S. law to one free credit report annually
from each of the three major credit bureaus. To order your free credit report,
visit www.annualcreditreport.com or call toll-free (877) 322-8228.

- We have also provided names and contact information for the three major U.S.
credit bureaus below. At no charge, U.S. residents can have these credit bureaus
place a "fraud alert" on your file that alerts creditors to take additional steps
to verify your identity prior to granting credit in your name. This service can
make it more difficult for someone to get credit in your name. Note, however,
that because it tells creditors to follow certain procedures to protect you,
it also may delay your ability to obtain credit while the agency verifies your
identity. As soon as one credit bureau confirms your fraud alert, the others
are notified to place fraud alerts on your file. Should you wish to place a
fraud alert, or should you have any questions regarding your credit report,
please contact any one of the agencies listed below:

Experian: 888-397-3742; www.experian.com; P.O. Box 9532, Allen, TX 75013
Equifax: 800-525-6285; www.equifax.com; P.O. Box 740241, Atlanta, GA 30374-0241
TransUnion: 800-680-7289; www.transunion.com; Fraud Victim Assistance Division,
P.O. Box 6790, Fullerton, CA 92834-6790

- You may wish to visit the website of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission at
www.consumer.gov/idtheft or reach the FTC at 1-877-382-4357 or 600 Pennsylvania
Avenue, NW, Washington, DC 20580 for further information about how to protect
yourself from identity theft. Your state Attorney General may also have advice
on preventing identity theft, and you should report instances of known or
suspected identity theft to law enforcement, your State Attorney General,
and the FTC. For North Carolina residents, the Attorney General can be
contacted at 9001 Mail Service Center, Raleigh, NC 27699-9001; telephone
(877) 566-7226; or www.ncdoj.gov. For Maryland residents, the Attorney
General can be contacted at 200 St. Paul Place, 16th Floor, Baltimore, MD 21202;
telephone: (888) 743-0023; or www.oag.state.md.us.

We thank you for your patience as we complete our investigation of this
incident, and we regret any inconvenience. Our teams are working around the
clock on this, and services will be restored as soon as possible. Sony takes
information protection very seriously and will continue to work to ensure that
additional measures are taken to protect personally identifiable information.
Providing quality and secure entertainment services to our customers is
our utmost priority. Please contact us at 1-800-345-7669 should you have any
additional questions.

Sincerely,

Sony Computer Entertainment and Sony Network Entertainment

===================================

LEGAL
"PlayStation" and the "PS" Family logo are registered
trademarks and "PS3" and "PlayStation Network" are
trademarks of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.
(C) 2011 Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC.

Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC
919 E. Hillsdale Blvd., Foster City, CA 94404

+1
It´s hilarious. I´m in the beggining of Amnesia, but I remember finishing Condemned 1 that way, and when I replayed it (already knowing what would be in each room) I blasted through the game like Charles Bronson :lol:

fuck yeah, that first playthrough of Condemned was amazing. I was playing it on PC and three of my friends just huddled around the monitor and stayed through to the end of the game. loved it.

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood. 7/10

Entertaining game, but still can't get the feeling that it all feels very staged, rather than believable (as believable as a story of that sort can be anyhow). I personally can't stand it when each area is contrived into some gauntlet to stress test your acquired skills in a totally linear fashion. To me there is no thought or player expression in that. You're just following the tunnel the developer laid out for you. Lots of tedious moments.

Crysis 2: 7/10

Great visuals, even though it's capped at DX9 (thanks consoles!). First FPS I've played and finished in a long, long while. Nothing overly groundbreaking, but the integration of the aesthetics with the core gameplay made it one that's absolutely playable.

Dragon Age 2 6/10

Constantly re-used dungeons, re-treading past areas, less epic than the original, and much less tactical feel. I don't know how to feel about this one. It's like they tried to do the dumbing down of Mass Effect 2 that happened for the consoles, but this time they just didn't execute it all that well. I think 80% of the time in this game is spent traveling/retreading past areas, and identical dungeon instances.

My feeling after all 3 of these games are that I wish more hardcore, PC-only games were released these days. Everything adapted for console seems to have this contrived, linear nature that treats me like I'm 5 years old, and thoroughly enjoy repeating the same tasks ad nauseam, without any creative input of my own whatsoever. We are far removed from the glory days of PC gaming, this much seems sure. Also, if any other game asks me to 'press enter to continue' I'm going to shoot someone in the face. What is that all about? Why does someone need to be prompted at every turn with meaningless input requests? Yes, this does count those hideous quick-time, button-mashing sequences the console games seem so very fond of lately.

HOMEFRONT

well, the idea of NK invading the USA
is nice but everything else abut this game sucks!

animations suck, graphics in general suck, controls/aiming sucks,
couldn't play it to the end, as i almost smashes my tv, my ps3 and the
complete furnishing.

the people who were involved in making this game
should be deported to north korea!!! ARGH!!!!!!!!!

My feeling after all 3 of these games are that I wish more hardcore, PC-only games were released these days. Everything adapted for console seems to have this contrived, linear nature that treats me like I'm 5 years old, and thoroughly enjoy repeating the same tasks ad nauseam, without any creative input of my own whatsoever. We are far removed from the glory days of PC gaming, this much seems sure. Also, if any other game asks me to 'press enter to continue' I'm going to shoot someone in the face. What is that all about? Why does someone need to be prompted at every turn with meaningless input requests? Yes, this does count those hideous quick-time, button-mashing sequences the console games seem so very fond of lately.

No shit. +100. It just gets worse.

Mortal Kombat 2011: 8.0
The graphics could be a lot better (the arenas are awesome, but the character models are bad). IMO it´s stupid how all female characters have huge knockers and sex shop costumes. Also it´s weird how the character models on MK vs DC looks a lot better, specially the faces.

I liked the new Story mode and how they´ve rebooted the franchise and tied all the plots. Kintaro without the beard looks like a Thundercat, and Shao Kahn still is a lame character to fight against as you still need to resort to cheap tactics to win. Anyway, great roster, great arenas, great gameplay, great fatalities, great modes, gore... Great game, much better than what I was expecting.

Mortal Kombat 2011: 8.0
The graphics could be a lot better (the arenas are awesome, but the character models are bad). IMO it´s stupid how all female characters have huge knockers and sex shop costumes. Also it´s weird how the character models on MK vs DC looks a lot better, specially the faces.

I liked the new Story mode and how they´ve rebooted the franchise and tied all the plots. Kintaro without the beard looks like a Thundercat, and Shao Kahn still is a lame character to fight against as you still need to resort to cheap tactics to win. Anyway, great roster, great arenas, great gameplay, great fatalities, great modes, gore... Great game, much better than what I was expecting.

Huge knockers and sex shop costumes, is that not how it always have been in the MK series ? (or atleast in the first 3)

GTA IV - 7.5/10

This game is fun everytime I play it. Online play is great too, getting a buddy or a few buddies in a car and ripping around and just murdering anyone in your path. Gets old after a bit, but still makes me laugh the next time I play it.

Went rummaging through a heap of old shit laying around in some drawers and found amongst it all some real gems from the past.

Summoner - 8/10

I sank many hours of my life into this RPG when it came out. I have no idea when that was, but it was pre Red Faction (developed by the same company, Volition). Awesome story and plot, brought some cool new mechanics to the idea of the '4-hero-party-grindfuck-quest-machine' with some pretty simple yet different combat mechanics. It's hard to describe this game as anything other than just plain fun. It definitely hasn't aged well, it quite frankly looks worse than cancer. Textures are disgusting, common NPC models faces are smudges of color, dialogue system is irritating, and some of the scaling is a bit questionable at time. One moment you're having a fun time fighting your way through some catacombs, fighting against at least challenging enemies with your party, the next you've been absolutely shat on by some random non-boss monster you've never seen before that is 5 levels above everything else in the dungeon - and when you finally beat it and continue around the corner of the huge room you're in and see three more of the fucking things blocking your path you wonder what you did in life to deserve this. Still, wicked game!

Freelancer - 9/10

FREELANCER ALPHA ONE-DASH-ONE, YOU ARE CLEARED FOR TAKEOFF. GOOD LUCK OUT THERE.

*ahem* Free-roaming space sim where you pilot small fighter/freighter ships and do absolutely whatever the fuck you feel like between what could be called a somewhat predictable yet exciting storyline. I always thought this game was like Mechwarrior 4 - leagues ahead of everything else in it's class, it just felt RIGHT in everything it did, from the little things working in the background of the game engine to the controls. Multiplayer is even better if you find a good server you can settle in to. I would kill for a proper sequel.

Portal 2: 9.0
The Portal series deserves all the hype it gets. Game has so many qualities and so little flaws... Valve is the Pixar of videogames.

Huge knockers and sex shop costumes, is that not how it always have been in the MK series ? (or atleast in the first 3)

Don´t get me wrong, I´m all in for MK cheesyness and tits, I just have never thought the MK series as a sexploitation thing like Dead or Alive.

Now that I've got a decent computer, what games would you recommend that I might've missed out on in the last few years? Last games I've played have been Tomb Raider Legend/Anniversary (will be trying out Underworld, couldn't run it before), L4D2, Portal 2 and the Half life series.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat
Metro 2033
Mass Effect 1 & 2 (even though they get pretty cringeworthy in parts, and it's just a popamole shooter...worth it)

Freelancer was kickass back in the day. Although the main plot arc is kinda lame and predictable, but then again, so is Mass Effect.

Get Max Payne 1 and 2 Morgan. Pretty old now but they're pretty much legitimate works of noir genius. Darker than satan's asshole, atmospheric as they come and some of the most stylish action ever.

Also Amnesia: The Dark Descent, the Assassin's Creed series (although Brotherhood reeks of milking, and from the sounds of the new one and the one per year release schedule they have going on, it's only going to go downhill, but the first 2 are fucking epic,) Starcraft 2 if you're into RTS, the S.T.A.L.K.E.R series is also amazing if you can get over the steep learning curve and presentation. Resident Evil 5 on PC is great, especially if you're LAN'd up with a friend with a couple of beers or joints (depending on your poison of choice.) Really fun co-op times to be had with that game.

And Half-Life + all expansions + all episodes + portal 1 and 2 (there are massive hints towards portal being HL canon) is probably my pick for best game series EVER.

^+1 to Max Payne. One of the best games ever.
___

Assassin's Creed 2: 9/10 This game is superb. The first game was somehow cool but it was essentially the same four minigames repeated 1000 times, the second part was fantastic. Great story, more freedom (at least it felt like it), partly Splinter Cell / Thief and partly GTA feeling, pretty cool swordfights (too easy, though), multiple badass ways to assassinate people. Carnival in Venice was mindblowingly cool.

I love anything involving masks, so that whole section in Venice totally gripped me. \m/