Rate Last Videogame you played , write a one sentence review.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat
Metro 2033
Mass Effect 1 & 2 (even though they get pretty cringeworthy in parts, and it's just a popamole shooter...worth it)

Freelancer was kickass back in the day. Although the main plot arc is kinda lame and predictable, but then again, so is Mass Effect.

Get Max Payne 1 and 2 Morgan. Pretty old now but they're pretty much legitimate works of noir genius. Darker than satan's asshole, atmospheric as they come and some of the most stylish action ever.

Also Amnesia: The Dark Descent, the Assassin's Creed series (although Brotherhood reeks of milking, and from the sounds of the new one and the one per year release schedule they have going on, it's only going to go downhill, but the first 2 are fucking epic,) Starcraft 2 if you're into RTS, the S.T.A.L.K.E.R series is also amazing if you can get over the steep learning curve and presentation. Resident Evil 5 on PC is great, especially if you're LAN'd up with a friend with a couple of beers or joints (depending on your poison of choice.) Really fun co-op times to be had with that game.

And Half-Life + all expansions + all episodes + portal 1 and 2 (there are massive hints towards portal being HL canon) is probably my pick for best game series EVER.

Will check these out. I've already played Amnesia (didn't find it that great/scary after I worked out the 'formula'.. the demo was ridiculously scary though, took me an hour when it should've taken 10 minutes). Also played all the Halflife/Portal games.

I'll definitely check out Max Payne, and maybe some others. I can't wait for Diablo 3!

Rift - 8/10

Friend got me sucked into it again after I lost interest around lvl 29 last time.. Now I made my way to lvl 50 and im having fun.

Best MMO, naaa.. Good MMO, yes,
But wow, anyone else reading the official forums ?. Have never seen such display of Nerd Raging before. :lol:

The first Max Payne doesn't really look that great anymore, but it's still a great game. Max Payne 2 however, I think looks stunning despite it being 8 years old. When you do Max Payne 2 make sure to stand and watch all the TV shows whenever there's one playing because they all relate to the story.

Last edited by a moderator:
Limbo: 8.5
Great puzzle platformer. Outstanding art direction and sound. It would be better if it ended 5 seconds before than it does, but still awesome. I love Microsoft for bringing indie masterpieces like this and Braid back with XBLA.

+1 for Max Payne, remember playing it as a kid (although I really shouldn't have) :)

Portal 2 - 9/10 epic blablalbh everything a sequel should be etcetc, although I wish it would have included some more advanced challenges.

+1 for Max Payne, remember playing it as a kid (although I really shouldn't have) :)

Portal 2 - 9/10 epic blablalbh everything a sequel should be etcetc, although I wish it would have included some more advanced challenges.

They're releasing some DLC soon with 'Advanced' Chambers like the original (same chambers but with an added challenge) for SP and Coop. Should've come with the release though IMO.

Mortal Kombat 9: Fucking sweet.
Mortal Kombat Vs. DC Universe: Quite possibly the worst MK game ever made.
Portal 2: Frustrating at times, immersion is quality. 2 player is fucking sweet.
Splinter Cell Conviction: Nice, enjoying it thoroughly. Good story line, devs are assholes for not releasing on PS3.

I've played 3 games this year. All sequels:

Crysis 2 - 6/10 Looks good nothing sticks out really. Or maybe I'm soo fed up with first person shooters with no rpg elements etc.
Dead Space 2 - 8/10 Love the game, but I didn't shit my pants in the same way as the first game.
Portal 2 - 8/10 Better than the first one. I loved the mid-part of the game with the 1950s tests. But I agree it was too short. You just wanted more.

Now what do I need to play?!

Started watching a Dragon Age: Origins let's play... Had to immediately order the ultimate edition. With the birds eye camera view it looks like it will shoot me right back into the glory days of diablo and neverwinter nights :D

^ be prepared to give up your life for a while ...

I just finally got off a 2 month straight obsession with that game. The Ultimate comes with the "Awakenings" expansion pack right? Also don't forget to get a couple of the vital DLC packs before you even begin your 1st play through of "Originals"

Get "The Stone Prisoner", "Return to Ostagar" and "Warden's Keep" ... those will really add to the overall game play.

Yeah, ultimate comes with awakening and all the DLC's. :)

I am moving in with my drummer in a week or two so I'll probably wait until I'm settled in there before I even begin playing it. I doubt I'll ever do another playthrough, not enough time for epics, so I'm going to be super thorough and explore every nook and cranny, talk to every person I can find, do all the DLC's, the lot.

I should also finish Portal 2 and Max Payne 2 before I totally forget they exist...

Hahaha I don't doubt it at all, but I'm gonna try and mediate my gaming when I move. I don't particularly like being chained to a computer desk. I want to leave enough time this summer to sit under trees and read the metric ton of books that people keep giving me.