Rate Last Videogame you played , write a one sentence review.

Crysis Warhead: 7/10
Was nice to have a shooter that wasn't so 'on rails'. Can pick everything up, destroy everything, go anywhere (within reason). Most games these days are these huge cities and planes with invisible walls everywhere so it's actually a really narrow path. However, when I finally thought the game was getting into it, SPOILERS POSSIBLY (when you get the experimental weapon), I killed the 'boss' in 15 seconds and watched a boring cutscene (actually all the cutscenes were really boring audiowise, the majority of the sound was weird slightly homoerotic moans and grunts from the players, music that totally didn't fit, and laughable facial "expressions" - I heard the dude crying but his face was a stone?), and that was it.

I've played 3 games this year. All sequels:

Crysis 2 - 6/10 Looks good nothing sticks out really. Or maybe I'm soo fed up with first person shooters with no rpg elements etc.
Dead Space 2 - 8/10 Love the game, but I didn't shit my pants in the same way as the first game.
Portal 2 - 8/10 Better than the first one. I loved the mid-part of the game with the 1950s tests. But I agree it was too short. You just wanted more.

Now what do I need to play?!

Just Cause 2!

Dragon age 1 was a disappointment :(.
But then again I did have the hopes of it taking me back to the old glory days of Baldurs Gate 1+2 when I checked it out.

To bad all I got was a hack n' slash with some more depth then usual.
Oh well, with that being said I did get some good hours out of the game anyway :)

Portal 1 wasn't too short! It was just right! Perfect pacing. If anything Portal 2 was too long.

Bought Brink on PC.
Awfully buggy, horribly optimised (quite frequently get 20fps out of combat with a HD5850, fucking terrible) but when it works it's very, very cool. The free running is a great little addition and really adds a lot when the maps are designed well enough to use it properly.
You can tell it got rushed out but there's a great game in here.

Just finished Alan Wake, 9.5/10. Just a bit repetitive at times, but otherwise it felt like playing a really well-written horror movie. Awesome game, gotta get the DLC's ASAP.

I love/hated the birds, very hitchcockey. The story was brilliant though. I dunno if the DLCs are worth it, if they actually add something significant to the story. Do tell!

Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga :lol: 8/10

Haven't finished it yet, so that may change, but fuck is it an enjoyable game... Perfectly silly and a good one to just fill in time with when waiting for public transport and so on.

Just Cause 2!

I got Just Cause 2 for like $4 on Steam recently , pretty awesome game. Just got a new graphics card so I'll maybe boot it up today again to see how much better it runs.

Mortal Kombat 9- 8.5/10 - The story mode is pretty cool and very long, I bought it for my gf and we played the story mode for what seems like at least 4 hours so far and it isn't finished yet. The gameplay is a perfect mix of MK 2 and the newer games. I just wish they would hire a brand new art team because I can't stand the ultra cartoony look of their characters and environments. I was kinda hoping this new MK would be much grittier like the Mortal Kombat Rebirth short film.

Crysis- 9/10 Replaying it for the first time in a while. I never actually got around to beating it yet, but even now it is one of the best looking games I've played and the freedom you have in the game is very refreshing.

Red Dead Redemption 10/10. Finally beat this one last week, amazing story and ending. I'm so glad someone finally made a western game worthy of the old western classic movies.

I just wish they would hire a brand new art team because I can't stand the ultra cartoony look of their characters and environments. I was kinda hoping this new MK would be much grittier like the Mortal Kombat Rebirth short film.

But that's exactly what MK is... It's cartoonish, it's kind of lame, it has the whole mystical element that the Rebirth trailer TOTALLY destroyed but it's still awesome despite it.

Amnesia : The Dark Descent

Walk 3 steps, stop...light the room, close eyes, exit program, wait 4 days, restart, walk 5 steps...stop, pick up book for a puzzle, weird noises....stop, wait 5 days, play again, visions, change my pants, stop.

You already know that but Mortal Kombat 9 : 10/10. Fuck yeah! My gf bought it for me so it rocks even more! Story mode is amazing!

Just Cause 2!

I still keep going back to mercenary mode to do everything cause blowing up shit is fun.

But the main storyline/plot are godawful fucking shit. The driving mechanic is nowhere near GTAIV, but overall the game is highly enjoyable.

How is Starcraft 2? I've never been very good at RTSs so I don't find them fun to play online, but I still play Warcraft 3's custom maps every now and then. Does Starcraft 2 have as good a modding community as Warcraft 3 has?

SC2 is awesome and yes there are plenty of great custom maps, thanks to the powerful map editor and the modding community.

LA Noire 8/10

It's a good game and I enjoyed playing it, but it has major repetition creep in after you get the ad vice desk.

actually i love the repetitions as they make the game more "real"
and bring some kind of routine into the game :)