Recent Purchases

Cynic - Focus arrived today, which rounds up my latest haul:

Jeff Beck Group - Rough & Ready
Jeff Beck Group - Jeff Beck Group
Jeff Beck - Blow By Blow
Jeff Beck - Wired
Jeff Beck Group With Jan Hammer Group Live (5 Jeff Beck albums for £15.. Still haven't listened to them though)
Cynic- Focus
Testament - The Ritual
Testament - The Legacy (Skolnick is God)
King Diamond - Them

I've never listened to Jeff Beck. alot of my favorite guitarists worship him as god, but no-one's ever recomended anything from him. any suggestions?

anyway, I just ordered a 100g tin of W. Ø. Larsen 1864 Perfect Pipe tobacco. it's my new favorite pipeweed. I'm also planning to get that new Paul Gilbert T-shirt next paycheck.

I've never listened to Jeff Beck. alot of my favorite guitarists worship him as god, but no-one's ever recomended anything from him. any suggestions?

anyway, I just ordered a 100g tin of W. Ø. Larsen 1864 Perfect Pipe tobacco. it's my new favorite pipeweed. I'm also planning to get that new Paul Gilbert T-shirt next paycheck.

I like what I've heard of Wired, but I just bought 'em because they were cheap and in a bundle. :lol:

Hm, just for the fuck of it;

Anyone, recommend me a good melodic album of any genre, would prefer an older one, since they are cheaper. :lol:

I'd say Onslaught's In Search of Sanity, even though I can't stand it. Alternatively, try any Kreator album from 2001 onwards or something like At the Gates' Slaughter of the Soul.

Although you should own all those albums already ;)

Its alright. I feel CF are rather overhyped, and I never liked what I'd heard from Tom G. in the past with the exception of two or three songs on Morbid Tales and his appearance on Coroner's Death Cult Demo. But since MT was going cheap I thought I may as well.

Hellhammer on the other hand, is something different....

I think Celtic Frost are one of those bands that you either love or hate. I like them because of all the different styles they did. To Mega Therion is more of the same as Morbid Tales but a bit more developed. I think in your case, knowing your taste as much as I do, you will only ever like a few of their songs. If you haven't already, I would suggest you give their last album Monotheist a listen and see what you think. Its dark and heavy and moody and for some reason I really love it.

And as for Hellhammer....